Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam's going to be 39 and she's a Capricorn. Wicked.

Originally posted by chocdoc View Post
    I agree -- Carter looks really good in the leather jacket! Not sure about the pants either, but the jacket looks great on her.

My favorite promo pic is the Teyla and Sam pic.
    It's my fave pic too. I hope they turn to be BFF's.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
      Ok, let's just settle this.

At the end of First Strike, Atlantis has a day before everyone dies. I VERY much doubt that the separation between Season 3 and 4 are on ANY order of weeks or months.

Case closed (again ).
      And Carter joins the cast some time after first strike, after the movies and given the fact that she has very short hair in SG1 season ten which takes place at the same time as first strike and then has long hair when she joins the cast of Atlantis several months must have passed. Unless it is stated on the show that she is wearing a wig, which I don't think would be allowed by the military. Hair growth is a measurable thing and for Carters hair to get that long would take almost a year perhaps even more, therfore season four of Atlantis, at least after Carter joins the show, must take place quite a while after season ten of SG1...case closed.
      sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

she looks hot!!!

black i think looks so much cooler like in ripple effect the evil sg-1 suits were so much cooler
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Ok, let's just settle this.

At the end of First Strike, Atlantis has a day before everyone dies. I VERY much doubt that the separation between Season 3 and 4 are on ANY order of weeks or months.

Case closed (again ).

Yep you're right PG15

Case closed
          sigpic

my fanfic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
            And Carter joins the cast some time after first strike,
            She joins the cast in Adrift. That's a FACT confirmed by Joe M. Of course, those who watched the leaked ep can confirm this too.

...after the movies and given the fact that she has very short hair in SG1 season ten which takes place at the same time as first strike
            Prove it. Prove that the timelines meet up exactly. The fact that Carter has cameoed in McKay and Mrs. Miller means nothing as it doesn't tell us during what time of SG1 she did that.

...and then has long hair when she joins the cast of Atlantis several months must have passed. Unless it is stated on the show that she is wearing a wig, which I don't think would be allowed by the military. Hair growth is a measurable thing and for Carters hair to get that long would take almost a year perhaps even more, therfore season four of Atlantis, at least after Carter joins the show, must take place quite a while after season ten of SG1...case closed.
            Even if that's true (and we have no way to tell; all of the pics of Adrift and Lifeline I've seen so far has her hair put up in a bun or something), a few months would hardly make her look more "mature", as was your point in your original post.

Comment

I don't mind it at all. It's much more natural for her and she doesnt need to follow regs since she is in another galaxy. Also it's much eaiser on AT since she won't need to wear the wig. I think her new style looks great.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Yes, the timeline between First Strike and Adrift is such that it would pretty much be impossible for Carter to have the length of hair she has. The only way they could play with it is if they said that Unending happened several months before First Strike/Adrift, and if AoT and Continuum happened a bit before S4 begins.

*shrug*

Meh. It seems like TPTB simply compromised with AT on the hairstyle, which I happen to like on her. By the time they started filming for the films and S4, it had been about six or so months since they'd finished filming S10. I don't blame her for wanting to keep it after growing it out that long.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                  Yes, the timeline between First Strike and Adrift is such that it would pretty much be impossible for Carter to have the length of hair she has. The only way they could play with it is if they said that Unending happened several months before First Strike/Adrift, and if AoT and Continuum happened a bit before S4 begins.

*shrug*

Meh. It seems like TPTB simply compromised with AT on the hairstyle, which I happen to like on her. By the time they started filming for the films and S4, it had been about six or so months since they'd finished filming S10. I don't blame her for wanting to keep it after growing it out that long.
                  Actually she didn't grow it. The hair that she had on SG-1 was a wig. Remember New Order when Fifth has her in the "dream" world? That is her real hair. She ties it up in a bun and then wears the wig. As to the minor continutity issues not a big deal to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    Actually she didn't grow it. The hair that she had on SG-1 was a wig. Remember New Order when Fifth has her in the "dream" world? That is her real hair. She ties it up in a bun and then wears the wig. As to the minor continutity issues not a big deal to me.
                    New Order was filmed early 2004, so yeah that was definitely a wig. But that was for Sam Carter.

In November 2006, AT might've had extensions (which is a bit different than a wig - the hair is discreetly woven or connected to the hair from the roots). I doubt she wore a wig again until she played Helen Magnus in January 2007. Extensions look way more natural.

However, in March and April of 2007, which is when they began filming both the films and S4, I think it's pretty safe to say that that was AT's natural hair length. I could totally be wrong, though. Everyone's hair grows at different rates.

And the continuity issue doesn't bother me either. It's just another detail for people to nitpick.

Comment

I don't mind it at all. It's much more natural for her and she doesnt need to follow regs since she is in another galaxy. Also it's much eaiser on AT since she won't need to wear the wig. I think her new style looks great.
                      What wig?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        What wig?
                        I'm pretty sure the hair she wears on SG-1 is a wig. Look at the behind the scenes of season 7 or the behind the scenes of Gary Jones on the season 10 dvd. There is a bit that you see AT and another person going over a script or something and she has long hair.

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                          New Order was filmed early 2004, so yeah that was definitely a wig. But that was for Sam Carter.

In November 2006, AT might've had extensions (which is a bit different than a wig - the hair is discreetly woven or connected to the hair from the roots). I doubt she wore a wig again until she played Helen Magnus in January 2007. Extensions look way more natural.

However, in March and April of 2007, which is when they began filming both the films and S4, I think it's pretty safe to say that that was AT's natural hair length. I could totally be wrong, though. Everyone's hair grows at different rates.

And the continuity issue doesn't bother me either. It's just another detail for people to nitpick.
                          I don't think so look at all the behind the scenes from season 7 on. In every one she has long hair. I'm almost positive the short hair is a wig. And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she ties up her ong hair and then puts a wig on. Even with the behind the scenes filming in the off season it would be impossible to grow her hair that long.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the hair she wears on SG-1 is a wig. Look at the behind the scenes of season 7 or the behind the scenes of Gary Jones on the season 10 dvd. There is a bit that you see AT and another person going over a script or something and she has long hair.
                            no its not.....

Comment

I don't think so look at all the behind the scenes from season 7 on. In every one she has long hair. I'm almost positive the short hair is a wig. And I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that she ties up her ong hair and then puts a wig on. Even with the behind the scenes filming in the off season it would be impossible to grow her hair that long.
                              Someone should really get to the bottom of this. We need to know. Wig, or no wig?
                              sigpic
                              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                              "...phu...ah..."
                              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                                Someone should really get to the bottom of this. We need to know. Wig, or no wig?
                                Mabey we should ask JM. If you have ever seen any of the behind the scenes on dvd you know what I mean.

Comment

Working...
                                X