Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, i think the best way to get some Ancients into the story is to revisit the Tria. They could always write it to turn out that the Replicators didn't in fact kill all the Ancients, but took some of them back to their world for long term interrogation/torture/whatever. Have the Atlantis team rescue a few with the help of the Apollo, and there you go, a nice group of potentially recurring Ancient characters who are not enough in number to retake Atlantis like last time.

Comment

^^ that'd be a good way to do it plus it really doesnt make sense that they were all killed by the replicators i mean sheppard and them were kept alive long enough to escape y not a couple of them?
      sigpic

Comment

As someone who loved In a Mirror Darkly from Enterprise, I think an episode based 100% Ancients and 0% anything from SG1 or SGA would be great.

Comment

Personally, I'm a fan of the 'Sheppard is a direct descendant of the Ancients/is an descended Ancient' theory so I would like to see something to that affect. Perhaps even just expanding on his super!gene.
          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

I agree about the Tria!
            We should certainly go back to that either way! it has to be still at the midway station right?
            And yeah it doesnt make any sense that all the ancients died, especially when woolsey and O'neill survuved with ease, well with more ease lol!
            The Asurans would want to keep the anceints alive, at least some of them to find out how they were back right!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
            Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
            SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
              Personally, I'm a fan of the 'Sheppard is a direct descendant of the Ancients/is an descended Ancient' theory so I would like to see something to that affect. Perhaps even just expanding on his super!gene.
              Agreed

if they would find an ancient somwhere in a stasis pod and he or she would reckognise sheppard and call him by som other name.
              or mayby daniel would get a flach back from when he was acended
              sigpic

Comment

^^That was so long I'm not going to attempt to quote it

But it sounds really good! I hope one of TPTB read it!
                Agreed. It was a nice write up for a plot line..

Comment

I would love to see more time devoted to Sheppard and the Ancient gene. It had so much potential in season 1, and then they just seemed to drop the ball. He hardly uses it except to fly the Puddle Jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                    I would love to see more time devoted to Sheppard and the Ancient gene. It had so much potential in season 1, and then they just seemed to drop the ball. He hardly uses it except to fly the Puddle Jumper.
                    The ancient gene doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in my opinion anymore. I mean they developed that Gene therapy dealy and now like everyone has it.

As for Sheppard being a direct decendant of an ancient, that is possible, but him being a decended Ancient doesn't make any sense. Sheppard in my opinion is human, he's just more along the lines of a O'niell type human in that he's more "advanced" biologically or whatnot.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      I'd love it but I don't see how it could work without time travel. How bout this. A three part Arc but time travel would have to be involved. Lets say it's a mid season three parter of season 5 or a three part season finale. In the first part It starts out as a normal day in Atlantis. Carter is in her office getting ready for briefing with Shepards team. The mission is a simple reconosance mission of a suspected location of Michael and it is stealth recon only meaning a puddle jumper. Shepard is his cocky self and they head off to the PJ bay and Carter wishes godspeed. As soon as they go through carter is headed back to her office and Zelenka rushes up to her office and says they have a huge problem, a massive energy reading in the ZPM room. End teaser
                      Carter and Zelenka monitor the energy reading which seems to indicate the ZPMs will reach critical overload in less than two hours. They try to reach all of the teams but for some reason can't reach shepards team. Zelenka is in the ZPM room looking for anything odd and can't find the source of the power drain. The can't figure it out and can't find a way to stop it. Meanwhile Shepard and their team are having alot of trouble scouting the planet. After they arrived out of the space gate the recieved very strange EM interference and couldn't get a clear reading so headed down to the planet. The planet has a radio jammer array making Shep believe this is Michaels location. They continue to scout the area cloaked. Back on Atlantis the overload is aproaching fast, and Zelenka and Carter can't find a thing, nothing in the ZPM room no abnormal code. Nothing. Then suddenly the overlaod counter reaches Zero and there is a big flash and then suddenly Atlantis is gone. All we see is wide open ocean and then all of a sudden we see a much bigger version of Atlantis even bigger than the Asurans city we saw in Progeny. The Asurans now have everything they wanted with one execption. Meanwhile while the device activates on Atlantis the Shepards team is done and tries to head back to Atlantis and gets a "Do Not Porcede" then a familar face apears on the HUD. Oberoth. "SHEPARD?! HOW THE HELL DID YOU SURVIVE OUR ALTERATION?!" "what the hell are you talking about?" "That is not your concern nor that you survived. We own Atlantis now and history has been altered. Try and interfere and you will be killed." The transmission ends. "Mckay?! What happend?" I"I have no idea! Somehow they have altered history, and I can't imagine how we were unaffected." Teyla brings up "The interference, could that have protected us?" Mckay states "No it couldn't unless..." John states "The cloak," "That could do it combined with the em field, but that doesn't change how screwed we are!" "No kidding." John states...... To Be Continued

The second part starts with them in the puddle jumper Mckay ranting untill Ronon slaps him. "OWWWWW!" "Then shut up!" The then try to think about this and what if the Asurans buit a time machine and went to the past far in the past took over Atlantis when their numbers were lite and planted a bomb, detonated it and then built a city much grander than the one they had. That would also explaine why Carter couldn't find a bomb or device, there wasn't one. "Ok but what do we do about it?" asks mckay. "Well we know Janus built one device here and one in the MW what if he built more than one? Mabey there is another somewhere?" John states"Ok but how the hell will we find it?" "Well what if he put the adress to where it was in that note he gave weir? Did we go to all those planets?" "Yes but we wernt looking for one so mabey it was hidden?" "Well Mckay what planet would be the most likely?" "Well this one was supposed to have an ancient lab but couldnt find it. Mabey it was cloaked or hidden the jumper could find it. They head to the adress find the location and scan with the jumper, "There it is looks like a jumper bay..." The facilty takes over and pulls the jumper in. There is one other jumper in there along with a huge drone supply area and zpms. Mckay is salivating but shepard reminds him that they have other responsibilities. They had to figure out just when to go back to. "Well lets asume they went back to the time of the first Wraith Seige"
                      I'm running alittle short on ideas at the moment but mabey you guys could help. The idea is that they head back and actually get to meet the Ancients explain the situation and what is about to happen. They try to lay a trap and a huge battle between the Asurans, Ancients and Wraith begin. They are outnumberd and outgunned. End part 2. Thoughts so far?
                      Ok here is a bit more. Shepard and team arrived in Atlantis at the time of the Wraith Siege. They were taken immediatly to the Council and spoke directly to Moros(sp). He was very furious that we were there and immediatly summons Janus. Janus is very thrilled to see us and know that his idea worked. The council was very reluctant to talk to us until we mentioned the Asurans. That stoped Moros directly in his tacks. He orders the conference room sealed with only Janus, Moros, Shepard,Teyla, Mckay and Ronon. Moros inquires about what we know about them. We tell them about how we met them, about their seige on Atlantis, their attack on the city (First Strike) and the events in season 4. Then we tell them what Oberoth told us when we tried to gate back to Atlantis and our theroy about what happend. Moros is very pissed and skeptical but Janus believes us 100%. We tell them that we believe they will attack soon, destroy the city and change the history forever. They reconfigure the sensors to judge that they are simply hours away and have no means to fight them. Mckay tells Janus about the ARGs and together they try to come up with something. Suddenly an alarm rings and we find that the Asurans have arrived much sooner than expected, but somehow the Wraith havent detected them. Then the internal sensors detect something and the city suddenly begins to rise. All of a sudden we realize what they are doing. They didnt bring a bomb they are going to let the Wraith destroy it. We all begin to realize just how screwed we are. Now it's the end of part 2.
                      begin part 3
                      The city has risen to the surface and the shield is being bombarded by constant fire. Janus explains that even with the city at full power it can't survive this forever. Shepard and a team of Ancient guards seasrch the city for the Asuran that disabled the locks on the city keeping it on the ocean floor. As they are searching Janus and Rodney are frantically tring to implement a a protype ARG that they can launch into orbit. As well as a few hand weapons.The hand weapons are ready and given to Shepard's team and the team believe that they know the location of the Asuran on base when the sheild fails. They need to find the Asuran and reactivate the sheild fast or the city will be destroyed in a matter of minutes. They head to the nearest computer terminal and find the Asuran who fires on the team. Janus tells the team to keep him busy while he tries to get the shield online. Suddenly 5 more Asurans appear and thy are keeping them at bay when janus is shot. Shepard runs to Janus's aid and he tells him what to do shortly before he dies. He gives shepard a crystal and says he must run the program and launch the ARG satalite and then it will raise the shield and resink the city. Shepard inserts the crystal and the satalite launces and then the shield is reactivated. There are three more Asurans and Shepard takes out two then Moros come around the corner and Shep jumps in front of him to save his life getting shot in the process. Moros then takes out the last Asuran.The satalite reaches the proper orbit and activates disabling the Asuran ships which the Wraith subsequently deatroy. The Wraith are still around and bombarding the city. Moros tells Rodney that the city is badly damaged and not sure how long the shield will last nor if they could safely sink it. However they don't have much of a choice. If they don't the ZPMs will be depleated in a matter of hours. They sink the city and the shield holds but there is asome minor flooding that they could contain. The scene then changes to the infirmary. Shepard wakes up and Moros thanks him for saving his life. He tells him that the damage and flooding has been contained and while it will still need repairs the city should be back to 100% in a few days. The team asks if they will be able to go back and while he does object he believes they deserve it because without them Atlantis would have been destroyed. They tell him they will be able to leave in a few days as shep needs time to recover. When they are permited to return they are instructed to destroy the machine when they get back. Meanwhile back at Atlantis Col Carter contacts Major Lorne's team and asks if there are any signs of Shepards team and he responds negative. Suddenly Zelenka detects a strange energy signature from the jumper bay. They head to check it out and see Shepards team. Carter asks where he has been and he asks her "Oh did you miss me?" He tells her that it's a long story. Roll Credits.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

^^ Awesome Mitchell82! My only problem with it is that it interferes with the old!Weir timeline. She was supposed to be the first and only one to survival time travel. But besides that, great idea!

Originally posted by JoNzA View Post
                        if they would find an ancient somwhere in a stasis pod and he or she would reckognise sheppard and call him by som other name.
                        I was thinking about something like that.

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                        Ditto. I think that it's something interesting that just faded into the background. It had a lot of potential but they didn't do anything with it.

Originally posted by Blev08 View Post
                        The ancient gene doesn't seem to be that big of a deal in my opinion anymore. I mean they developed that Gene therapy dealy and now like everyone has it.

As for Sheppard being a direct decendant of an ancient, that is possible, but him being a decended Ancient doesn't make any sense. Sheppard in my opinion is human, he's just more along the lines of a O'niell type human in that he's more "advanced" biologically or whatnot.
                        ITA. There are theories out there about how John *could* theoretically be a descended Ancient (PM me if you care enough to hear it), but I think him being a direct descendant is much more likely.

Comment

^^ Awesome Mitchell82! My only problem with it is that it interferes with the old!Weir timeline. She was supposed to be the first and only one to survival time travel. But besides that, great idea!

I was thinking about something like that.

Ditto. I think that it's something interesting that just faded into the background. It had a lot of potential but they didn't do anything with it.

ITA. There are theories out there about how John *could* theoretically be a descended Ancient (PM me if you care enough to hear it), but I think him being a direct descendant is much more likely.
                          Actually it was meant to take place before that, and yeah it would be confusing but that actually didnt happen since she messed with history and got that machine destroyed. The only real issue is that I killed Janus but it's still a good idea.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Actually it was meant to take place before that, and yeah it would be confusing but that actually didnt happen since she messed with history and got that machine destroyed. The only real issue is that I killed Janus but it's still a good idea.
                            ITA.

Comment

It would be ncie to have one... kinda like in teh style of "Letters from Iwo Jima".

Anyway, we had a partial one... when they found Old-Weir.

Comment

How about a whole new mini movie series devoted strictly to the Ancients?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X