Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mallozzi and Mullie as show runners. What do we think now?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    Like the rest of S4 ideas, this one is totally lame too. Somebody mentioned on some other thread that SGA was barely finding it's legs. The team warmed up, and the dynnamics just formed; the group was becoming more than sum of it's parts. And now they shatter that. That is not 'fixing what ain't broken' that is 'Breaking something that is prefectly fine'.
    That's a matter of opinion, personally I think Weirs character was dragging the show down, I'm very glad the changes have been made.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
      That's a matter of opinion, personally I think Weirs character was dragging the show down, I'm very glad the changes have been made.
      I'd suggest a poll on the topic, but then knowing how polls get stuffed <G> they're sorta useless (unless like on some boards, you can only vote once).

Comment

If it ain't broke don't fix it, if it doesn't work break it
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by talyn2k1 View Post
          Come on now, be honest, some episodes were rubbish *cough* Irresponsible *cough* Irresistible *cough*

But to be fair, they are the only episodes of Atlantis so far that I can honestly say I will NEVER EVER WATCH EVER AGAIN!!!!

Even The Tower had some cool vfx scenes.

But I think if the back end of S3 is strong enough to guarantee an S5, and if S4 is as good as it sounds, then S6 is a definite as long as Skiffy don't find another reason to axe it.
          Well I must disagree. They may not be the best but are far from rubbish in my eyes. I would watch them aain as they are funny. The only part I think could have been done better is Koyla's demise but they arent bad enough to never watch again. I do agree that unless skiffy just want to axe it the quality is good enough to continue.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Well thank youCautious Explorer and Celcool for expressing my thoughts better than I did. I would have no trouble seeing a hugely pregnant actress pretending not to be, but that's just me. I know in RL's case it would be impossible because of the very warrior nature of Teyla, but the idea of an alien pregnancy is IMHO so very lame and stupid I, for one, will be laughing through the whole thing. And that will distract me more than having her carrying around a very strategically placed P90.

Now we find out they are
            Spoiler:
            pulling a Ford on Weir.
            So far M&M have not impressed me with their good ideas.
            Did I miss something - who said it was an alien pregnancy? Or do you mean because Teyla is an alien?

I'm curious as to what everyone thought of Vala's pregnancy? That seemed to work out okay, although I'm not a regular watcher of SG-1, so I might have missed the bad bits.

I like the fact that JM and PM are supporting Rachel. I'll be a little more forgiving because of that fact alone, and I hope they can put together a plot that will stand on it's own without leeway given for the RL factors.
            sigpic
            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
              Did I miss something - who said it was an alien pregnancy? Or do you mean because Teyla is an alien?

I'm curious as to what everyone thought of Vala's pregnancy? That seemed to work out okay, although I'm not a regular watcher of SG-1, so I might have missed the bad bits.

I like the fact that JM and PM are supporting Rachel. I'll be a little more forgiving because of that fact alone, and I hope they can put together a plot that will stand on it's own without leeway given for the RL factors.
              One of the many scenarios for S4
              Spoiler:
              concerning the pregnancy is that it will be some sort of weird alien thing. Judging from the preview we say last night, that seems likely. But we still don't know for sure. The whole rapid growth baby become evil adult idea is an old SciFi cliche.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I respect your oppinion, but they could also do a better job of writing her, Teyla, Ford, Ronon .... instead making Rodney and Sheppard stars of the show. Which reminds me of how many characters in ST Enterprise were handled.
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  One of the many scenarios for S4
                  Spoiler:
                  concerning the pregnancy is that it will be some sort of weird alien thing. Judging from the preview we say last night, that seems likely. But we still don't know for sure. The whole rapid growth baby become evil adult idea is an old SciFi cliche.
                  Spoiler:
                  Especially since they just did that on SG-1. But of course, it'd be COMPLETELY different for Teyla so it'd be stupid of people to try and compare the two, blah blah blah.

Comment

I disagree. IMHO, Weir was the character that held the show together and gave it some style and substance (along with Beckett).

Without her (them), we got nothing but Abbott and Costello, and their back-up singers, going through the gate and almost getting themselves killed, before saving the day, at the very last second of course, in each and every episode (sorry for the run-on). Mmmmm, sounds remarkably similar to (exactly alike) another show that's been airing. Can't quite recall the name tho. LOL.

I guess imitation really is the sincerest form of flattery.
                    sigpic

Comment

Sometimes I wonder if TPTB only know how to write one show and one set of characters...

It'll be particularly interesting to see what SG: Universe looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                        I disagree. IMHO, Weir was the character that held the show together and gave it some style and substance (along with Beckett).

Without her (them), we got nothing but Abbott and Costello, and their back-up singers, going through the gate and almost getting themselves killed, before saving the day, at the very last second of course, in each and every episode (sorry for the run-on). Mmmmm, sounds remarkably similar to (exactly alike) another show that's been airing. Can't quite recall the name tho. LOL.

I agree. IMO, Weir (and Beckett) added a more human side to the show. W/o them, it will probably be just another SG-1.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          I respect your oppinion, but they could also do a better job of writing her, Teyla, Ford, Ronon .... instead making Rodney and Sheppard stars of the show. Which reminds me of how many characters in ST Enterprise were handled.
                          Actually, they could do to really give a deeper focus on all characters. Shep is the "quint-essential" star, that doesn't mean he's had good writing. On the contrary, he's been left on the wayside. This goes at times to the writing for Rodney. He's great, but really he hasn't evolved much from S1, although I do like him in some places more than others.

Overall the writers have stated quite clearly they were a bit overwhelmed by two shows and hence the reason we may have seen a lag in some of the characterization for majority of characters. Weir and Shep being my top two, while Teyla being my most underused and Rodney probably my least growth. Ronon surprisingly, if one pays attention has been given a more three-dimensional role on the show than any other character, although he could use a bit more air time on his deeper side as seen in Trinity, Sateda, Common Ground/Vengeance. Shep barely makes it to Weir's level only because he's an extremely actionary figure, so his judgements are scraped over. Plus he's not leader.

The point is, that pretty much all the characters have fallen short of great characterization. I have nothing wrong with a character who's not perfect, because really that's realistic...what is the problem is inane writing resulting in poorly established characterization. And as I've said, no character is immune to that "illness".

The only positive that's going on now, is the fact that the writers/TPTB are making a marked effort in turning the tides and establishing set characters. It's like SGA S4, is really SGA S1. New storyline, possibly a few new writers on board, new showrunners, a forum for the actors to work hand in hand with the writers---and really just a new positive outlook on things is really giving something new. It's unfortunate through the seasons things have fallen short at times (not all, just a small few). But hopefully that's in the past, and what was a problem won't be too much of a problem in the future.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                            Sometimes I wonder if TPTB only know how to write one show and one set of characters...

Looks like we're about to find out in S4 when they present the first stage of Atlantis: SG-1. Makes me wonder which show exactly was canceled.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post

Can't really imagine how they're gonna make it any different than SG1 or SGA (heard that song and dance before), but it won't really matter because at some point, you know Carter will be dragged in once again, bringing the dreaded reset button with her, and Universe will become just another SG1 clone. And so it goes.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post

Wouldn't that happen with or without her?

Comment

Working...
                                X