Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the reason Daniel isn't still itching to get back to Atlantis is that he's still dealing with the Ori stuff, which is after all, his fault. Once that's taken care of, he'll probably want to go back.
    Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

If there is one character I want in SGA is Daniel Jackson. I want him with a full time part and to join Sheppard's team. This, however, will never happen because TPTB rushed and had to create a sister show to SG1 in a way that they sabotaged the "most qualified man on the planet".

Comment

Daniel needs to be the one to head Atlantis, not the hack Carter.

Comment

Well it would be nice to see Daniel in an episode or two but I don't think there is much chance. MS is more than likely going to be far too busy to fit it in.

I really do think that the time has come for the cast to move on, ten years is a heck of a time to be on a show.
          sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
            Daniel needs to be the one to head Atlantis, not the hack Carter.
            Wow thats harsh. Daniel is in no way qualified to run Atlantis, he's even less qualified than Weir. Carter is the most qualified of the three.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
              I concur. Daniel already joined another cast. Maybe one day we will see him again as Daniel Jackson.
              This would be great

Comment

Anonymous #1 writes: “Would you please tell us some more about the SG1 character crossing over in the back half of season four?”

Answer: Will let you know once his deal has been closed.

I think Michael Shanks (Daniel) will cross-over. JM mentioned earlier that we won't see Mithcell, Jack or Vala in season 4.
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

So Daniel might go to Disneyland ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    Anonymous #1 writes: “Would you please tell us some more about the SG1 character crossing over in the back half of season four?”

Answer: Will let you know once his deal has been closed.

I think Michael Shanks (Daniel) will cross-over. JM mentioned earlier that we won't see Mithcell, Jack or Vala in season 4.
                    It's either Daniel or Landry, TBH I'd love both.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      It's either Daniel or Landry, TBH I'd love both.
                      Why not Mitchell?ALthough yes, would love to see Daniel do one episode as his talents aren't really duplicated as yet on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        Wow thats harsh. Daniel is in no way qualified to run Atlantis, he's even less qualified than Weir. Carter is the most qualified of the three.
                        I wouldn't say more qualified than Weir but Carter is definitly more quaified to run the base then Daniel, she was running research in Area 51 at the start of season 9.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          Why not Mitchell?
                          Because JM has already said so.

Also, I don't think it's Danny since JM has also said that, IF there is a story for him, and Michael is available, he'll be welcomed back. Sounds to me like that hasn't happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
                            I wouldn't say more qualified than Weir but Carter is definitly more quaified to run the base then Daniel, she was running research in Area 51 at the start of season 9.
                            Carter is more qualified than Weir when it comes to Military matters and as the Military situation in the Pegasus has seriously deteriated a new, more Militaristic, approach is needed. This means that a Military officer, not a diplomat, is needed to be in Command of Atlantis.

After all do you know of any of Earths Military forces that would allow a Military base to be placed under the direct day to day command of a civilian, let alone a civilian that has never held high office within the Military, in a time of war?

Answer none that I can think of.

Comment

It would be amazing if Daniel went to Atlantis again;-) I really enjoyed the episode "The Pegasus Project", Daniel just belongs in Atlantis. It's probably his nirvana anyway...

So I keep my fingers crossed for the appearance of our favorite doctor.
                              sigpic

Peter Petrelli: What do you do with something that killed you?
                              Nathan Petrelli: You could put it underneath your pillow.

Comment

Originally posted by oldman44 View Post
                                Carter is more qualified than Weir when it comes to Military matters and as the Military situation in the Pegasus has seriously deteriated a new, more Militaristic, approach is needed. This means that a Military officer, not a diplomat, is needed to be in Command of Atlantis.

After all do you know of any of Earths Military forces that would allow a Military base to be placed under the direct day to day command of a civilian, let alone a civilian that has never held high office within the Military, in a time of war?

Answer none that I can think of.
                                Th day-to-day operations of the Atlantis base is under Weir's command yes but it seems thats as far as it goes. You have to remember Atlantis isn't a military base - it exists under the International Oversight Authority, its a research base, its primary aim is to discover new technologies, the miliary aspect came later. Weir was chosen for the job because she wasn't military, so she could act as a neutral party. Military personal would answer to the military first, the IOA second

However strictly speaking, in military matters Weir has little authority, this isn't something new either from the get go the Military were in charge of military matters. In season one Shepperd differed to her out of respect and in season two Weir had the full support of the IOA so she was able to influence military matters (having Sheperd promoted to Lt. Colonel for example). However as the IOA's trust in her erroded so did her influence with the military.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X