Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will happend to the Asgard onbord the Daedalus?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Stargate franchise keeps going, I can see the Asgard coming back.

The Asgard had their Ragnarok. So, guess what?

Them VIKING gods that were "named after them" are supposed to "return" according to myth.

OMG!

Asgards reappear being led by Baldur, Hoor, and others? They've been in another galaxy due to some treaty after a civil war. They managed to fix their genes or keep them intact. They kind of look like that frozen Asgard ancestor.

Hermoid survives the mass suicide along with a few others. They go looking for their ancient cousins/brothers.
    Last edited by tar21; 28 June 2007, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Except a myth is supposed to be what's already happened, it's not a prophecy.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Except a myth is supposed to be what's already happened, it's not a prophecy.
        Agreed sorry tar21 don't see them coming back.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

the holo thor will problay make a something together with sam and make them a new body and download them back in a superior boday so they can come back and build up a new galaxy

the asgard will return!!!!
          let the traning begin Ronan
          grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
          like this and please don't let keep happening to you so much Teal'c is right
          bravo teal'c show Ronan how to kick some ass
          excalibur be my strengh
          i swear that is a cartoon col mitchell?

indeed you are my best friend
          that's cool thor

Comment

Read somewhere that at least one asgard survived dont know if thats true. we know thors conciousness survived on a goa'uld computer why not just have the asgards conciousnesses stored on the oddysseys computers?
            Spoiler:
            sigpic

Comment

Wait, wait. . . like half the events in Stargate SG-1 were foretold by a prophecy according to Daniel Jackson and his translations of ancient text.

I can see the whole scene play out in my mind.

Carter: "Hermoid, your telling there are more of you? How is this? How long wil you be gone?"

Hermoid: "That I do not know. I may be gone for several human years. I was tasked to be the messenger of my people. I am the last, as far as I know. My lifespan is short. I must be on my way. "

Jackson: "Let him go. I've been brushing up on norse mythology. There is a prophecy linked to Ragnarok, the downfall of the Asgard. Two of Odin's sons, Baldur and his brother Hoor will return from the underworld to rule over the old domain of the old gods.

Looking back at the Asgard records Thor provided us, there is a reference to a Baldr and Hoor. There was a civil war thousands of years of ago. These were clans among the Asgard. I'm still looking over it. It's very intriguing. Anyhow, they lost. But they were spared. They were banished to another galaxy. This happened about 30000 years ago. Remember that ancient Asgard we discovered w/ Heimdall. The body was from around that era. It could be that this ancient Asgard was fleeing this conflict or was one of those belong to the house of Baldr or Hoor and was on his way out of the galaxy.

The norsemen who came into contact with the Asgard may have been told thie story of the great war and come up with their own spin on it.

Anyhow, this great war inspired the Asgard to play around with their genes in order to rid themselves of what they saw as the root of their problem. . . they're hard wired genetic disposition for aggression and other primitive aspects.

Whatever Hermoid finds could be very different from the Asgard we know."

Comment

Its not completely inconcievable that there could be a straggler here and there.

Just invent a reason: ship of them that were too far away to get the final fatal treatment, colony in another galaxy, a lost drifting ship with abunch in stasis again....

Im kinda wondering how the stargate mmo is gonna handle them?

Comment

Originally posted by tar21 View Post
                  If the Stargate franchise keeps going, I can see the Asgard coming back.

The Asgard had their Ragnarok. So, guess what?

Them VIKING gods that were "named after them" are supposed to "return" according to myth.

OMG!

Asgards reappear being led by Baldur, Hoor, and others? They've been in another galaxy due to some treaty after a civil war. They managed to fix their genes or keep them intact. They kind of look like that frozen Asgard ancestor.

Hermoid survives the mass suicide along with a few others. They go looking for their ancient cousins/brothers.
                  That would be neat, but the writers have basically killed off the characters/aliens introduced in the Showtime years Poor Asgard....

Comment

The Asgard aren't dead.....

They will return in either a film or Stargate Universe.

In summary, the Asgard realised they were screwed if they continued their cloning and genetic manlipulation of themselves. So using the body of the frozen Asgard they produced a far less advanced version of themselves and began to mass produce these bodies in a far distance galaxy, remember when Thor said he had been busy in a distance galaxy?

I believe strongly that the Asgard decided to revert back to a earlier form of themselves with far less brain power. This would mean that the Asgard would essentially nullify all the technological advancements that they had gained from the Ancients. So they decided to build a new colony in a distance galaxy out of the wayof all other troublesome races and fake their deaths. This is why they gave humans all their technology, they knew they were about to take a giant leap backwards and would no longer be smart enough to work the technology, but they knew it was their very last chance at survival.

They had to fake their deaths to eliminate any and all evidences of what they were about to do, it stands to reason they would take with them the advanced knowledge of the Asgard but when they switched to their less advanced form they would struggle to work much of it. This would make them open to attack. So they removed themselves from the galaxy as a potential easy pickings.

So I think now in some far distance galaxy, the Asgard are slow transferring their advanced minds into less advanced bodies and losing a lot of what they knew. A large price to pay but one that is worth paying over death.

In a few year,decades,centuries, the Asgard will return, unrecognisable to what we have seen them as. They will be most likely more like the Goa'uald in terms of technology and will probably come to Earth just to let us know they are ok and what why they did what they did.

I believe this because no race as smart as the Asgard would just give up. The Asgard never showed one ouce of defeatism, if anything they showed great determination to survive, why then even after defeating the replicators, fighting the goa'uald and the ori would the Asgard just give up?

If anything instead of mass suicide I would of thought they would literaturely throw everything they had into one massive kamikazi armada and go straight after the Supergate.

Thats more in line with Asgard attitude. This is why I think they are up to something in the last episode.

Just wait and see you'll see I'm right, I was right about the Ancients being Human, I was right about the Ancients not being from Earth and being from another galaxy, and I was right about the Ancients being far larger civilization than we had thought i.e. the Ori.

All hail the coming of the new Asgard...

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279 View Post

Ah, should save this post for a few years down the road. If they return in a film, it'll be the time travel one where nobody's really dead. but as far as SGA is concerned (which is the only SG left), they're toast.

Comment

Originally posted by jpf190279 View Post

In summary, the Asgard realised they were screwed if they continued their cloning and genetic manlipulation of themselves. So using the body of the frozen Asgard they produced a far less advanced version of themselves and began to mass produce these bodies in a far distance galaxy, remember when Thor said he had been busy in a distance galaxy?

I believe strongly that the Asgard decided to revert back to a earlier form of themselves with far less brain power. This would mean that the Asgard would essentially nullify all the technological advancements that they had gained from the Ancients. So they decided to build a new colony in a distance galaxy out of the wayof all other troublesome races and fake their deaths. This is why they gave humans all their technology, they knew they were about to take a giant leap backwards and would no longer be smart enough to work the technology, but they knew it was their very last chance at survival.

They had to fake their deaths to eliminate any and all evidences of what they were about to do, it stands to reason they would take with them the advanced knowledge of the Asgard but when they switched to their less advanced form they would struggle to work much of it. This would make them open to attack. So they removed themselves from the galaxy as a potential easy pickings.

So I think now in some far distance galaxy, the Asgard are slow transferring their advanced minds into less advanced bodies and losing a lot of what they knew. A large price to pay but one that is worth paying over death.

In a few year,decades,centuries, the Asgard will return, unrecognisable to what we have seen them as. They will be most likely more like the Goa'uald in terms of technology and will probably come to Earth just to let us know they are ok and what why they did what they did.

I believe this because no race as smart as the Asgard would just give up. The Asgard never showed one ouce of defeatism, if anything they showed great determination to survive, why then even after defeating the replicators, fighting the goa'uald and the ori would the Asgard just give up?

If anything instead of mass suicide I would of thought they would literaturely throw everything they had into one massive kamikazi armada and go straight after the Supergate.

Thats more in line with Asgard attitude. This is why I think they are up to something in the last episode.

Just wait and see you'll see I'm right, I was right about the Ancients being Human, I was right about the Ancients not being from Earth and being from another galaxy, and I was right about the Ancients being far larger civilization than we had thought i.e. the Ori.

All hail the coming of the new Asgard...
                        I'm sorry I just don't see it. The Asgard didn't give up they have been working to fix their genetic problem for centuries. In that time they have made many mistakes, that led to their downfall. I'm sorry but they are forever gone.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I'm sorry I just don't see it. The Asgard didn't give up they have been working to fix their genetic problem for centuries. In that time they have made many mistakes, that led to their downfall. I'm sorry but they are forever gone.
                          As much as it pains me to admit ITA. I really want the Asgard to return some day, but I don't think that they will.
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            Why?
                            I though he was a great little character,
                            I miss the Asgard
                            Let it be known for all times there were once two planets in this system. The planet Lister made great television shows. The planet Liber made crap
                            They had to fake the ratings
                            They had to fake the ratings.
                            Let it be known for all times there were once...

Comment

That's great, but why quote me

Comment

Working...
                              X