X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Erised View Post
    I would like to add...
    Why do we need so many enemies? SG-1 had one enemy for 8 years. And while only 6 seasons were fantastic and 7 and 8 were alright, it worked! As soon as the Ori appeared, I noticed a lot of SG-1 hatered posts.

And now we have Atlantis. In season 1 it was ITS OWN SHOW and had one real enemy, the wraith, and one joke enemy, the genii. It all worked fine because it started out that way. However, later we get the new and improved replicators posing as ancients (WTF?!), and now we have these "travelers". Honesly, isn't one enemy enough? It's like TPTB decided to bring in as many enemies as possible and see which ones will bring them bigger ratings. I liked having one and a half enemy. I don't like having 3,4,5.

Good see the details on the Sheppard/Teyla ship, FP!
    The thought of any ship with Sheppard in it makes me want to puke. Shep only deserves his wraith queen or his..prom queen. I'm done
    Sorry, not even close.

SG1 had at least 3 recurring enemies: Goa'uld (which were also split into many many enemies in and of itself), Replicators, and the rogue NID guys. Sure, the Goa'uld was more prominent, but they weren't the only bad guys.

Besides...who said the Travelers were enemies?

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      No spoiler tags needed BP. We're spoiler free, unless it deals with S5 topics and spoilers mentioned. Which there haven't been.
      Thanks VB. I will keep that in mind next time I post in these threads.

Comment

Originally posted by Erised View Post
        I would like to add...
        Why do we need so many enemies? SG-1 had one enemy for 8 years. And while only 6 seasons were fantastic and 7 and 8 were alright, it worked! As soon as the Ori appeared, I noticed a lot of SG-1 hatered posts.
        Actually, the NID were first introduced as a concept, if not in name, in Season1 with Maybourne and Kinsey. The replicators first appeared in the s3 finale/s4 opener and have played significant parts during the show up until their defeat at the end of season8.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
          Actually, the NID were first introduced as a concept, if not in name, in Season1 with Maybourne and Kinsey. The replicators first appeared in the s3 finale/s4 opener and have played significant parts during the show up until their defeat at the end of season8.
          Exactly we had many enemies over the years of SG-1 and usually many at the same time.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

So I'm sitting there getting all excited that the mgm site has the part two for the season 4 video on the official site and what do I get?! A dunce put the part 1 video again and labeled it part two...pure and utter class!! They even gave it that nice brand spanking NEW label! ~sigh~
            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

So I'm sitting there getting all excited that the mgm site has the part two for the season 4 video on the official site and what do I get?! A dunce put the part 1 video again and labeled it part two...pure and utter class!! They even gave it that nice brand spanking NEW label! ~sigh~
              Well..... hmmm.... these are the people who put up David Hewlett's long interview back in January, and he talked about how he felt about Paul McGillion leaving, aka Beckett being killed off. Uh yup, they do make mistakes there....

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                Well..... hmmm.... these are the people who put up David Hewlett's long interview back in January, and he talked about how he felt about Paul McGillion leaving, aka Beckett being killed off. Uh yup, they do make mistakes there....
                Ooooh, I remember that vid. I winced when I saw it the first time for DH. Actually thinking on it again I winced. What's up with who's in charge of that site? Is MGM broke they can't hire anyone to do the job properly?
                Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Ooooh, I remember that vid. I winced when I saw it the first time for DH. Actually thinking on it again I winced. What's up with who's in charge of that site? Is MGM broke they can't hire anyone to do the job properly?

Alas, I couldn't even find a link to report the bad link, so just went to their comments page and alerted them. Maybe they'll get it fixed this month

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Alas, I couldn't even find a link to report the bad link, so just went to their comments page and alerted them. Maybe they'll get it fixed this month
                    More like next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      More like next year.
                      How long did it take them to take down the 'oops you didn't really see that' vid they put up in January anyway? Wasn't it a couple weeks before they did anything or am I nuts?
                      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                        How long did it take them to take down the 'oops you didn't really see that' vid they put up in January anyway? Wasn't it a couple weeks before they did anything or am I nuts?
                        No you're right but you're also nuts.

Comment

Well, shoot. Looks like there is only one part to this interview:

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            Well, shoot. Looks like there is only one part to this interview:

http://stargate.mgm.com/video.php
                            Don't give up hope. If they've taken down the oopsy, then at least that shows they know they've made a mistake. They have released the other parts of the other interviews (slowly - grr) so they will with this one as well. Eventually.
                            sigpic
                            My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                              Don't give up hope. If they've taken down the oopsy, then at least that shows they know they've made a mistake. They have released the other parts of the other interviews (slowly - grr) so they will with this one as well. Eventually.
                              Eventually isn't soon enough. We need relief from the wait NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                Eventually isn't soon enough. We need relief from the wait NOW!
                                *bounces impatiently*

I know! I know!

*takes a deep, calming breath*

Okay. It's okay. They'll put it up. Eventually.

*wanders out of the thread breathing deeply and muttering "Okay.. it's okay...."*
                                sigpic
                                My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Working...
                                X