This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by prion View Post
    Er, Weir is HAD. She's gone for all intents. 4 episodes.... I don't know if I'd consider Novak on the Daedalus to be strong; she was meant for comic relief and only did 2-3 episodes. It remains to be seen if Dr. Kellar will be a strong character or just a chart-carrying doctor (thinking of the transition stuff they did after they killed Frasier on SG1)...
    i didn't know that untill Cameron Mitchel enlightened me. yeah Navak ent a regular but she was strong when she got the chance. and i couldn't remember the name of the Doctor that took over from carson!
    This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
    Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
    we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      The Stargate Magazine scans were posted in the Save Weir thread a while ago.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=3292

Bonus points to Suzotchka, pls.
      From what that said, she didn't choose to be recurring. She states," I was told right when we wrapped that there would be changes and that it was my choice if I want to come back and do some recurring [work] or walk away." It was never her choice.

Well, away with the bull crap about she chose to.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

no i don't think sg1 is taking over i think the decision to limit Torris appearances was because they could'nt come up with any more storylines for her character and that they decided they needed something fresh for season 4 and with Amanda still having a years contract they thought it would be a good idea to bring her over to Atlantis to give the show a bit of a diffrent dynamic to it
        Sig Bye Me and Avi bye Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by DONNA BOOTH View Post
          no i don't think sg1 is taking over i think the decision to limit Torris appearances was because they could'nt come up with any more storylines for her character and that they decided they needed something fresh for season 4 and with Amanda still having a years contract they thought it would be a good idea to bring her over to Atlantis to give the show a bit of a diffrent dynamic to it
          fresh?! Since when was Amanda fresh? In terms of years she's 10 years too stale! And the mere fact that they couldn't come up with any more storylines discredits their creativity!
          Last edited by Ltcolshepjumper; 07 June 2007, 06:09 AM.
          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The Stargate Magazine scans were posted in the Save Weir thread a while ago.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....postcount=3292

Bonus points to Suzotchka, pls.
            Nowhere in that mag does it say that her not being perfectly satisfied with the writing resulted in wanting to go out, which is what Mitchell82 was claiming.

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
            From what that said, she didn't choose to be recurring. She states," I was told right when we wrapped that there would be changes and that it was my choice if I want to come back and do some recurring [work] or walk away." It was never her choice.

Well, away with the bull crap about she chose to.
            What he said.
            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
              fresh?! Since when was Amanda fresh? In terms of years she's 10 years too stale! And the mere fact that they couldn't come up with any more storylines discredits their creativity!
              I second that! What an insult to TH! There's no more discussion on this matter, really. TPTB didn't like what they wrote for Weir, so they kicked TH off as if she's to blame. I'll still watch the show since I'm a fan of the franchise, but you Carter fans can have your show.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                Nowhere in that mag does it say that her not being perfectly satisfied with the writing resulted in wanting to go out, which is what Mitchell82 was claiming.

What he said.
                So, I guess we can expect no more bull**** on it was Torri's decision.

*EDIT* All this crap about appealing to both sides, bringing balance to the show, being a stronger leader, a GOOD leader, and a perfect choice is all excuses to back up the real idea that anything Carter-related is obviously good. That's what the supporters of this decision feel. I've seen it posted too many times. It's just a bunch of crap!
                Last edited by Cameron Mitchel; 07 June 2007, 06:11 AM.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

TH sounded pretty proud of her character/job in that interview. The fact that she's returning to do some recurring work proves that, and shows how great she is. I know I wouldn't do it.
                  sigpic

Comment

TH sounded pretty proud of her character/job in that interview. The fact that she's returning to do some recurring work proves that, and shows how great she is. I know I wouldn't do it.
                    I wouldn't either. And, after hearing that AT was coming to take my place, and that they've been waiting to do this for a long time, I'd just throw my contract in their faces and say," Screw it! Screw You!"

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

I would not blame TH for doing that and I would not blame any former Atlantis cast member if they did not come back.I think they have not be treated well at all. The only problem is the Actor might get a bad name if they leave on bad terms and run the risk of being seen a difficult and it could impact future jobs. I could be wrong but I do not think TH wanted to leave. This is all TPTB doings.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110 View Post
                        I would not blame TH for doing that and I would not blame any former Atlantis cast member if they did not come back.I think they have not be treated well at all. The only problem is the Actor might get a bad name if they leave on bad terms and run the risk of being seen a difficult and it could impact future jobs. I could be wrong but I do not think TH wanted to leave. This is all TPTB doings.
                        You know what, I agree fully. They haven't been treated well. And I think part of it is Mallozzi.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

It really isn't tptb holding on to SG-1. It really has nothing to do with the rest of SG-1. It's tptb holding on to AT because she gets them publicity. She's their goldenchild so she automatically gets to do, what will it be, maybe 3 more seasons. They screwed around with RSF, they screwed around with PM, they screwed around with TH so they dumped them when they screwed up too much.
                          Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                          encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                          3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                          4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                          5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            She's their goldenchild so she automatically gets to do, what will it be, maybe 3 more seasons.
                            Sounds like wishful thinking (on their part).
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                              I wouldn't either. And, after hearing that AT was coming to take my place, and that they've been waiting to do this for a long time, I'd just throw my contract in their faces and say," Screw it! Screw You!"
                              Like a child?

Comment

do you guys ever think that you might actually be reading too much into it, and that you might not actually know the whole truth? Just because something has been printed doesn't necessarily mean it's true. Not to mention reading written words of a speech is notoriously problematic because you cannot be sure where emphasis lies.
                                sigpic
                                If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                                I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X