This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...
    we have the upper hand against the Ori... riiiight... I should have known.... Carter's a genius! Flawless!
    Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
    These are the same writers that managed to keep SG1 going for 10 years. The same writers that wrote the best rating SG1 and Atlantis seasons (8 and 1). There are few new additions, but they seem to be popular anyway (Binder and Gero for example).
    Agent Dark, are you, by your post, saying that the writing, and character development, for the past few years have been perfect? Are you saying SGA doesn't need any improvement in its writing? Because if you are then I must ask, why does carter need to be on SGA? Are you saying that after Season 8 of SG-1 and Season 1 of SGA, tptb dumbed down? Because, IIRC, seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 weren't as good as seasons 1-8, and you have the nerve to say "These are the same writers that managed to keep SG1 going for 10 years". Well these "same writers" are the same ones who couldn't develop characters such as Weir, Ford, Beckett, Teyla, Ronon, Vala, Mitchell, or Dr. Lam. You might want to check your faith in these writers.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

You see, it's exactly this blind cheerleader-ism for Sam Carter, which is shared by TPTB, that is going to ruin Atlantis.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
        coming from the one who complimented Agent Dark's post.

And how did Carter help us gain the upper hand in the fight against the Ori? there is no upper hand!
        I agreed with what he said about Carter but I don't agree with the bashing going on here. As to Carter have you seen season 9 and 10? She has done quite alot.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by bluealien View Post
          I don't think that Carter is coming to try and do better than any of the team... she is coming to assist them and maybe work along side them IF needed. How can Carter be less qualified than Weir. Being a diplomat doesn't really make you a candidate for leading an expedition in another galaxy... especially when that Galaxy is fraught with life sucking aliens. How does being able to read ancient help in the fight againt the Wraith, or the Genii or even the Asurans. Weir has no military knowledge, no scientific knowledge and has to defer to others before she can make any decisions.

Carter on the other hand has military and scientific knowledge so wouldn't this make her more capable of understanding these issues and therefore making better decisions. The writers will have a wider scope with Carter and she can realistically go off world or offer suport in the scientific department IF the need arises. I can't see her taking over anything... she will have less screentime than Weir originally had, and I believe will be more of a background character similar to Hammond but who can step into the fray if warranted.
          Understand this FIRST: Carter is coming to LEAD Atlantis.

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          Besides what Mitchell82 has mentioned, Woolsey's defense of Carter at the end of "The Scourge" against the other IOA members signaled his turn from being tolerant of SG1 to being grateful to them; afterall, they did save their lives. I mean, that's the whole definition of "trusting someone with your life"; in that you hope that whoever you give that trust to, that they can actually save your life.

Can you name me another military person who has made this kind of impact on the IOA?
          Having the IOA trust one doesn't make him/her the ideal choice for this position. Woolsey would have probably come to Mitchell, Daniel, or Teal'c's defense as well. They didn't do any less of a job than Carter did. You still haven't proven anything.
          Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Excellent point. The writers have done a superb job for both SG-1 and SGA. I think they can pull it off.
          Would you say the same for the writing of Mitchell. Agent Dark, would you say the same thing about writing Mitchell into the role of CO of SG-1? Would any of you Carter fans agree to that? because, if not, then the quoted statement is wrong.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
            I agreed with what he said about Carter but I don't agree with the bashing going on here. As to Carter have you seen season 9 and 10? She has done quite alot.
            Yeah, but how has she helped provide an upper hand,not a temporary defense, against the ORI?

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              You see, it's exactly this blind cheerleader-ism for Sam Carter, which is shared by TPTB, that is going to ruin Atlantis.
              I agree. It's TPTB's favoritism.

Jesus is Lord!

Comment

Originally posted by Cameron Mitchel View Post
                What? Kaelik, is that Kalek from Season 9, or from sometime else, can't quite remember. If it is the former possibility, then she had nothing to do with it, it was Mitchell and Daniel. As far as helping Atlantis, no she didn't she helped herself on her mission, which had nothing to do with the city itself. She didn't help defeat the replicators, it was Baal doing the work, and she finished up for him, and it was more Jacob Carter than her. Helping SGA? When? I really don't get it. She hasn't ever helped SGA. She was in the beginning of one episode, for no reason at all except to show her face (Mckay and Mrs. Miller) and was a hallucination in another (Grace Under Pressure). She was of no help. Proven her worth. So have O'neill, Daniel, Teal'c, Jonas, and Mitchell. Your point? And even so, they never have expressed gratitude for it except when feeling remorse and guilt for making matters worse. Getting the upper hand? How, by failing to open a wormhole to the Ori galaxy? By standing by (Unending)
                Spoiler:
                while the Asgard upgraded the Odyssey
                and helped Earth get the upper hand?What is your Point?
                My point is she has done quite a bit and yes she helped with Kaelik in fact it was her who modified the gate to send him back. She played a huge role in defeating the replicators and sorry but she did help Atlantis, and she has done alot for us involving the Ori. Sorry but it sounds like all you are doing is bashing Carter.

Comment

Da**!! We know that all too well!!!!
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Having the IOA trust one doesn't make him/her the ideal choice for this position. Woolsey would have probably come to Mitchell, Daniel, or Teal'c's defense as well. They didn't do any less of a job than Carter did. You still haven't proven anything.
                    Actually we have proven that the IOA trusts us alot at this point.

Would you say the same for the writing of Mitchell. Agent Dark, would you say the same thing about writing Mitchell into the role of CO of SG-1? Would any of you Carter fans agree to that? because, if not, then the quoted statement is wrong.
                    I can't speak for Agent Dark but I would say the same for that yes.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                      Well lookie here. Yet another exaggerated claim to support an agenda. Imagine that.

I've seen a fairly balanced and reason-minded look by several posters at what she could accomplish and contribute with an equally reasonable acknowledgment that it could all fall apart if not executed well.

I see no blind cheerleading going on...unless by blind cheerleaders you mean anyone who supports the idea of Carter being there.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                        Well lookie here. Yet another exaggerated claim to support an agenda. Imagine that.

I've seen a fairly balanced and reason-minded look by several posters at what she could accomplish and contribute with an equally reasonable acknowledgment that it could all fall apart if not executed well.

I see no blind cheerleading going on...unless by blind cheerleaders you mean anyone who supports the idea of Carter being there
                        In that case you and I are guilty. Nice that we have many double standards don't we?
                        Last edited by Mitchell82; 06 June 2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

I am aware of that ..... That doesn't mean that she will be doing everyone's job or taking over. Hammond/Landry were the leaders of SG1 and they didnt take over.. Carter has more knowlegde and experience than Weir which will assist her in her leadership of Atlantis. She can relate to both the military and the scientific community because of her experience in both fields. She can actually give imput into military decisions and also in the scientific side which Weir could never do as she wasn't qualified in either one.

JM has confirmed on his blog that Carter is there mainly in a support role but can render assistance IF needed.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                            Agent Dark, are you, by your post, saying that the writing, and character development, for the past few years have been perfect? Are you saying SGA doesn't need any improvement in its writing? Because if you are then I must ask, why does carter need to be on SGA? Are you saying that after Season 8 of SG-1 and Season 1 of SGA, tptb dumbed down? Because, IIRC, seasons 9 and 10 of SG-1 weren't as good as seasons 1-8, and you have the nerve to say "These are the same writers that managed to keep SG1 going for 10 years". Well thes "same writers" are the same ones who couldn't develop characters suhc as Weir, Ford, Beckett, Teyla, Ronon, Vala, Mitchell, or Dr. Lam. You might want to check your faith in these writers.
                            I'm not saying it was perfect. I'm saying that they obviously did something right to keep people watching for 10 years and wrote the best rating season ever. They're still the same people who did that.

Comment

I'm slightly lost here; what do you want me to prove, exactly?

Comment

"You Carter fans"? Well I'm not going to speak for anyone else, and while I did have a few problems with Mitchell's character itself when he was first introduced, I have no real drama's with how it played out.

Comment

Working...
                                X