This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
    ITA. Personally, I'm bummed about Carson but if I were to be honest, I don't mind Weir leaving. I don't think that TPTB had to 'make her leave' or whatever the situation was, but I think that a reduced role for her would have been great. IMO it would open a lot more story telling oppertunities.

Think about it. Like in SUbmersion for example. The whole episode I kept thinking, "Um, why is the leader of the expidition here? Who's running Atlantis?" and it tarnished the epi a bit for me.
    I'm bummed about Carson too but I will be open minded about Keller. As to Submersion it actually made sense that she would be there to me anyway.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I'm bummed about Carson too but I will be open minded about Keller. As to Submersion it actually made sense that she would be there to me anyway.
      Don't anyone proverbally cruxify me for this but...

Spoiler:
      I'm acutally kind of glad Carson's dead. Because if he wasn't, we wouldn't have spent all of this fun time trying to figure out how he'll come back! It's going to be one of the highlights of S4 IMO.
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Don't anyone proverbally cruxify me for this but...

Spoiler:
        I'm acutally kind of glad Carson's dead. Because if he wasn't, we wouldn't have spent all of this fun time trying to figure out how he'll come back! It's going to be one of the highlights of S4 IMO.
        *starts praying and hiring bodyguards for you* I actually agree..wait mabey I need some of those bodyguards too.

Comment

*starts praying and hiring bodyguards for you* I actually agree..wait mabey I need some of those bodyguards too.
          But you're in the military! You don't need bodyguards!

I should be hiring *you* to protect *me*. And to build that darn time machine!

Comment

But you're in the military! You don't need bodyguards!

I should be hiring *you* to protect *me*. And to build that darn time machine!
            Yeah I am but me against hundreds of Angry Carson fans? I guess as long as I have my M16 we're pretty safe. As to the second part I'm WORKING ON IT! Now where did I put that hydrospanner?

Comment

Yeah I am but me against hundreds of Angry Carson fans? I guess as long as I have my M16 we're pretty safe. As to the second part I'm WORKING ON IT! Now where did I put that hydrospanner?
              No, you have to use a P90 against ACFs (Angry Carson Fans). It's the only thing that works against them

Comment

No, you have to use a P90 against ACFs (Angry Carson Fans). It's the only thing that works against them
                Crap! *runs to armory to get one *

Comment

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                  It's a fine line. Kill off too many characters and who's going to invest in any of them. Don't get attached, they'll just kill him/her off. Personally, I'm willing to sacrifice a little sense of peril in order to know my favorite character will be back next week.
                  Same here. I love the characters of SGA and learn something new about them every episode.
                  "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                  'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                  Individuality is freedom lived.
                  'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Crap! *runs to armory to get one *
                    Don't worry, they haven't attacked...yet.

Comment

I'm not sure I follow. I didnt feel the direction was lost in season 3. It wasnt about one thing, seasrching for ZPMs like season one it was about diverting the Wraith from getting to Earth, getting backstory on ronon,Shep,Teyla and Weir oh and Rodney, finding a new enemy, saving Atlantis, and ending up in peril. It did have many stories but it was done extremly well.
                      It just doesn't feel that way. Season 1 had these stories that were great, solid episodes that moved the season on and eventually led to the huge, AMAZING season final. Exploring the city (Hide & Seek, Hot Zone), finding ZPMs (Childhood's End, Before I Sleep, The Brotherhood), contacting Earth (Letters From Pegasus, Home) and the wraith (which I can't be bothered to list ). They felt like they had meaning to them.

Season 3, even though it had episodes like Progeny and The Return P1 & 2, didn't have the same strength. The big fat reset button being pressed at the end of most episodes didn't help at all. It stopped the stories from really continuing on in other eps. Nothing surprised me or really amazed me.

I dunno.. I hope that makes some sense. I suck at explaining things

Comment

True it is a fine line but they havent crossed it yet. If Ronon,Teyla,Rod or Shep is killed then they have crossed it.
                        Crossed it for me - hence a significant contribution to my waning interest. They would have crossed it by killing any of the above too. All depends on your pov I suppose...

from an 'ACF' (sporting the latest in P90 protective pants!) hehehe

Comment

ITA. Personally, I'm bummed about Carson but if I were to be honest, I don't mind Weir leaving. I don't think that TPTB had to 'make her leave' or whatever the situation was, but I think that a reduced role for her would have been great. IMO it would open a lot more story telling oppertunities.

Think about it. Like in SUbmersion for example. The whole episode I kept thinking, "Um, why is the leader of the expidition here? Who's running Atlantis?" and it tarnished the epi a bit for me.
                          But that's a little different than simply killing off random characters to create a sense of realism. Reducing someone's role because you don't have a compelling reason to fit them into every episode is quite different from killing off characters because someone's got to go this week. I would rather see the writing and production used to create a feeling of suspense within the story rather than the suspense being based on will a supporting character be sacrificed this time.

Comment

True it is a fine line but they havent crossed it yet. If Ronon,Teyla,Rod or Shep is killed then they have crossed it.
                            That's in your opinion, it's not a fact like you present it to be. They sure have crossed it imo.

And Carter as the leader going on missions won't do the same to you?

Originally posted by Cautious Explorer View Post
                            But that's a little different than simply killing off random characters to create a sense of realism. Reducing someone's role because you don't have a compelling reason to fit them into every episode is quite different from killing off characters because someone's got to go this week. I would rather see the writing and production used to create a feeling of suspense within the story rather than the suspense being based on will a supporting character be sacrificed this time.
                            Exactly. This isn't Lost, stop trying to copy it when you run out of ideas for smart scripts. Those deaths on Lost had a purpose while Carson's had none. And making Elizabeth recurring has no purpose either, except for bringing Carter but that's not something that could justify what they're doing, not by a long shot.
                            Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                            at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Fan View Post
                              I dunno.. I hope that makes some sense. I suck at explaining things
                              makes a lot of sense actually

Comment

Originally posted by Diesel Vanilla View Post
                                Crossed it for me - hence a significant contribution to my waning interest. They would have crossed it by killing any of the above too. All depends on your pov I suppose...

from an 'ACF' (sporting the latest in P90 protective pants!) hehehe
                                Thats what makes these discussions all the more intersting. Seeing how many different views there are. As to the last statement glad you took it the way it was intended, a joke.

Comment

Working...
                                X