This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lillgreen View Post
    I think now with the inclusion of Carter in season 4 we will have an extra smart brain there to do some research and exploring of the city and its tech.
    Perhaps with what happened at the end of SG-1 season 10 with what we obtained may be of help in our endeavors.
    We will see that. The tech we received in Unendung will play a part in season 4.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      We will see that. The tech we received in Unendung will play a part in season 4.
      Indeed: let's hope that we'll see that technology put into use.

And i really-really hope that they won't keep those new upgrades powered
      down ( for avoiding being detected by the ori ships ) : it would be useless
      to have them otherwise .

Comment

Originally posted by HyperspaceDaemon View Post
        Indeed: let's hope that we'll see that technology put into use.

And i really-really hope that they won't keep those new upgrades powered
        down ( for avoiding being detected by the ori ships ) : it would be useless
        to have them otherwise .
        Well the Ori ships arent intergalatic as far as I know they are only interstellar so that won't be a problem.

Comment

The Ori ship are intergalactic, they followed the Odyssey to Ida and back.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
            The Ori ship are intergalactic, they followed the Odyssey to Ida and back.
            That's right I forgot about that. So that could be a problem if the Ori arent eradicated in Ark of Truth.

Comment

Originally posted by lunchbox View Post
              Do you think the team will ever full chart the entire city room by room?

I mean, there literally has to be a lab or something where the Ancients made ZPMs, jumpers and drones. Where else would they get them if not there in the city?

Also, do you think McKay is smart enough to access the terminals that we saw the commander of the Ancient warship access just as soon as she returned to the city?
              ZPM labs in atlantis are going to be like car keys they are always in the last place you look.

sorry for my really bad joke

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

Originally posted by ur uncle urgo View Post
                ZPM labs in atlantis are going to be like car keys they are always in the last place you look.

sorry for my really bad joke
                Bad joke, but I've done it quite a few times myself. As to the ZPM labs, very likely.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                  1-800-PLOT-HOLE

Of course the Ancients made drones and such, we just take VERY long to find them. They have database for everything, a lot of episodes they say "we saw this in the database", or "we heard of these people in the database" but they can't look for a sign that says 'ZPM ROOM THIS WAY' in the database. Maybe TPTB will make an interesting way for us finding the rooms you mentioned in season 4.
                  When you make entries into Outlook or your diary or whatever, do you write "I did the dishes today in my kitchen which is the third door to the left"?

I like all the ideas for finding a ZPM room but not being able to use it, or having to solve further difficulties before it is of any use.
                  sigpic
                  My LJ & Fics * Proud Member of W.A.S.P. * Pay It Forward

Comment

Originally posted by Lauriel View Post
                    When you make entries into Outlook or your diary or whatever, do you write "I did the dishes today in my kitchen which is the third door to the left"?

I like all the ideas for finding a ZPM room but not being able to use it, or having to solve further difficulties before it is of any use.
                    I like that thought of finding the lab, but not having a clue how to make one. Even better, think you maybe able to make one, BUT, you need a specific mineral/element, which, as no surprise, we have no idea where to find!!! It would lead to searching other planets for something else besides actual ZPMs. You know, JM could use this fill up his two minutes on TMC, but that would be too creative.
                    Spoiler:
                    sigpic

Comment

There was a throwaway comment in Pegasus Project that they had mapped/explored a little over half the city so far. Kinda sad to see more tell and less show, especially since the city of Atlantis gave a unique quality to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                        There was a throwaway comment in Pegasus Project that they had mapped/explored a little over half the city so far. Kinda sad to see more tell and less show, especially since the city of Atlantis gave a unique quality to the show.
                        But to show would mean they would have to build or change existing sets for a 30 sec. mention which is too expensive. If you meant an episode based on just exploring more of Atlantis, I would like to see that too.
                        Spoiler:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
                          But to show would mean they would have to build or change existing sets for a 30 sec. mention which is too expensive. If you meant an episode based on just exploring more of Atlantis, I would like to see that too.
                          Yeah it would be very costly for a breif showing but a whole ep devoted to it IMO would be boring unless something happend kinda like hot zone.

Comment

Originally posted by mymonkey15 View Post
                            Creating ZPM will not be as simple as finding the lab, pluging in a lap top and pressing a few buttons!

For example, the sangrall in sg1 (a devise very similar to a zpm, it just channnels the energy into the dimention where the accended exist) is made buy using one of the "darn head suckers" as jack called it

i would sugest that most ancient tech was made in this way, cos they were all super smart and only had to think " ummmmmmm zpm" and there it would apear!

tho using the modified argard beam earth should now be able to produce drones with little effort!

ZPMs should remain unattainable for now! maybe they could find a head sucker thingy on atlantis and there is the the op for a brave sole to stick their head in it to save the day at the 11 hour
                            If making a ZPM requires use of a head sucker, then perhaps an Ancient could easily make one, but a lowly human would have to give up their life to make one...

Then we're down to this issue: do we start throwing away lives for ZPM's? Only in a dire emergency, right?
                            Mammals suck!

"Real men don't need inertia dampers."

Check out my GURPS campaign setting wiki, Islands of War!

Stop sending me friendship requests. I will deny them all, regardless of who they come from.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                              As with software writing, it's always the last 10% that takes 90% of the time anyway

Comment

Originally posted by ascendedancient42 View Post
                                If making a ZPM requires use of a head sucker, then perhaps an Ancient could easily make one, but a lowly human would have to give up their life to make one...

Then we're down to this issue: do we start throwing away lives for ZPM's? Only in a dire emergency, right?
                                Yeah only in emergency....MCKAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can we borrow you for a moment?

Comment

Working...
                                X