Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE TRUTH: Why Is Torri Higginson Really Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, you don't want me to start a thread for that. I am anything BUT mediating.

If anything, I should be barred from that thread at all costs.

There are a few posters who I think can do it justice. You're one of them. As for the title...hmm...how about "Stop the Madness!!"

---

See, that's why I can't do it.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

There are a few posters who I think can do it justice. You're one of them. As for the title...hmm...how about "Stop the Madness!!"

---

:LOL: Drat. Alright. Ummm. Give me a few minutes to think about this and I'll get something up. People, feel free to PM with thoughts.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

---

I disagree i think you should totally be apart of that thread
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Oh believe me, I don't think I'll be able to keep away from it.

Comment

I'd like a new one, to be honest (not to lessen your effort in finding that thread though ). That one is already 5 pages long, doesn't exist in this forum and thus aren't dedicated to our issues specifically, and there is a lot of shipping going on in there that, as far as I see, isn't really a large part of our discussions.
            The fandom wars thread wasn't started for a discussion about shippers, it was set up for all parts of the fandom, characters, seasons, divitions within SG1 and SGA to discuss the problems with fandom wars in general and why they happen and hopefuly tips to stop them happening. But i'll leave it up to you if you want to start another thread, don't want to look like i'm pimping my own thread,

Comment

hehe maybe when people piss me, off and oh i am sure they will, i'll just post a link to the peace thread

which ever way we choose to go
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

As requested -

The Conference Room - A Thread for Season 4 peace talks
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                  The fandom wars thread wasn't started for a discussion about shippers, it was set up for all parts of the fandom, characters, seasons, divitions within SG1 and SGA to discuss the problems with fandom wars in general and why they happen and hopefuly tips to stop them happening. But i'll leave it up to you if you want to start another thread, don't want to look like i'm pimping my own thread,
                  Right you are! I was looking at the first post of the fifth page of that thread (which was filled with 'shipper abbreviations ) and mistaked it for the first post.

Comment

Right you are! I was looking at the first post of the fifth page of that thread (which was filled with 'shipper abbreviations ) and mistaked it for the first post.
                    I think GW needs lots of 'Peace be in the Pegasus Galaxy threads' to balance all the other threads out.

Comment

I think GW needs lots of 'Peace be in the Pegasus Galaxy threads' to balance all the other threads out.
                      LOL. I should have named it that! Thanks for being OK with it. I suppose I should have waited a little longer and gotten more feedback before posting.

*looks around* Wow, this thread has been oddly unmodded tonight. I think it's been productive, but we are so far away from topic it's not funny.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        LOL. I should have named it that! Thanks for being OK with it. I suppose I should have waited a little longer and gotten more feedback before posting.

*looks around* Wow, this thread has been oddly unmodded tonight. I think it's been productive, but we are so far away from topic it's not funny.
                        Akunamata *hugs*

I always wonder what the OP thinks when their poor thread loses their way to a point of no return. Oops. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                          But for some of us, when we see a good actress like TH being tossed aside and then voila, like magic, AT becomes available to fill the spot, its bound to fire the imagination. And the more TPTB and pro-fans alike protest and say its all a coicidence, the more it strikes some of as as being just a little too convenient.

All I know is, that as a viewer formerly known as casual, I wandered on to this website a few months ago innocently trying to find out when the second half of season three was going to air. Instead I got hit full force by the news that two of my favorite characters were being axed. It changed my view of SGA and the show runners on the spot. Maybe I would feel differently if I knew that either TH or PM had chosen to leave voluntarily . . .it's certainly not without precedent. Rob Lowe voluntarily left the West Wing and I watched 'til the end. But the various reports have more than hinted that neither actor had a choice. Sorry, but that just sucks . . . big ones.
                          The thing is... that's TV. That's life in the entertainment business.. and Torri and Paul and everyone else know that. I'm not saying it's not a shame their roles were reduced or cut or that I'm not sorry to see them go... but to behave as though this happening is some dreadful insult to the actors and that TPTB should be ashamed of themselves etc etc... well, I understand people being fans of the actor concerned and feeling protective of them, but it does kinda come across as a little self-righteous (and I'm not meaning to have a go at anyone here, just giving my thoughts). Shows get cancelled all the time, roles get cut and amended all the time.. that's life as an actor. And being the wonderful, talented people they are, I'm sure Torri and Paul will go on to other incredible, enjoyable roles.

But that's just it hon, we talk about 'sides', and that's where the divition comes in. We're all on the SAME side (hopefully) in that we want SGA to stand on it's own two feet and continue on until i'm hoping S10
                          But that's what i'm saying, there shouldn't be sides. people should be able to have a difference of opinion without it becoming 'sides'. People don't want SGA to stand on it's own two feet?
                          Sadly, no - not everyone wants SGA to stand on its own two feet/succeed. Not wanting to tar all people of one opinion with the same brush, but I have certainly seem a couple of individuals posting to say that they hope the show is cancelled. And how can that be anything but divisive? To effectively say that because you don't want to watch the show anymore, you hope no-one else gets to either.

I'm hoping comments like that are just made in the heat of the moment and that those one or two people don't genuinely want to see *all* the fans disappointed and all the actors/crew etc who make a living from SGA have to look for new work, just because they don't like the changes to the show.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                            The thing is... that's TV. That's life in the entertainment business.. and Torri and Paul and everyone else know that. I'm not saying it's not a shame their roles were reduced or cut or that I'm not sorry to see them go... but to behave as though this happening is some dreadful insult to the actors and that TPTB should be ashamed of themselves etc etc... well, I understand people being fans of the actor concerned and feeling protective of them, but it does kinda come across as a little self-righteous (and I'm not meaning to have a go at anyone here, just giving my thoughts). Shows get cancelled all the time, roles get cut and amended all the time.. that's life as an actor. And being the wonderful, talented people they are, I'm sure Torri and Paul will go on to other incredible, enjoyable roles.
                            Well, obviously I can’t agree with the self-righteous part. LOL. I would feel protective of anyone in any situation who I felt had been treated badly by someone in a position of authority. It’s a knee-jerk reaction I’ve had dating way back to the teachers in grade school . . . but that’s a whole ‘nother issue probably requiring a couch and some ink blots.

As you say, this may be the way it is in the entertainment business, but IMHO that doesn’t make it right or palatable. And I give TH a lot of credit, because if I had been given the option to walk away on the spot or come back for a few episodes, I would have told TPTB where to shove their offer. But that’s just me.
                            Guess she chose not to burn any bridges.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post

Sadly, no - not everyone wants SGA to stand on its own two feet/succeed. Not wanting to tar all people of one opinion with the same brush, but I have certainly seem a couple of individuals posting to say that they hope the show is cancelled. And how can that be anything but divisive? To effectively say that because you don't want to watch the show anymore, you hope no-one else gets to either.

I'm hoping comments like that are just made in the heat of the moment and that those one or two people don't genuinely want to see *all* the fans disappointed and all the actors/crew etc who make a living from SGA have to look for new work, just because they don't like the changes to the show.

first ali loves ya so ((hugs))

second i would like to see the show cancelled not to spite all the pro people, its just that i feel that the show has jumped the shark and that it has lost all its integrity. I hate to see something i loved turned into the cheesy low quality junk that is everywhere. I want something better for the fans and the show. Its like x-files (like someone said and thats a brilliant example) that show should have ended when it left Vancouver, as everything from there on it just didn't have the quality of previous seasons and it had lost its integrity.
                              And yes that only my opinion yadda yadda not all antis agree with me etc etc

how would you feel if it was Joe that got canned?

if they some how magically could turn things around... restore torri and pauls characters to what they were, and not have Sam, keller, or Ellis in any sort of main roles i would be watching and supporting, but i know that won't be happening

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              Well, obviously I can’t agree with the self-righteous part. LOL. I would feel protective of anyone in any situation who I felt had been treated badly by someone in a position of authority. It’s a knee-jerk reaction I’ve had dating way back to the teachers in grade school . . . but that’s a whole ‘nother issue probably requiring a couch and some ink blots.

As you say, this may be the way it is in the entertainment business, but IMHO that doesn’t make it right or palatable. And I give TH a lot of credit, because if I had been given the option to walk away on the spot or come back for a few episodes, I would have told TPTB where to shove their offer. But that’s just me.
                              Guess she chose not to burn any bridges.
                              well said and maybe i should join you on the couch LOL
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                                first ali loves ya so ((hugs))

second i would like to see the show cancelled not to spite all the pro people, its just that i feel that the show has jumped the shark and that it has lost all its integrity. I hate to see something i loved turned into the cheesy low quality junk that is everywhere. I want something better for the fans and the show. Its like x-files (like someone said and thats a brilliant example) that show should have ended when it left Vancouver, as everything from there on it just didn't have the quality of previous seasons and it had lost its integrity.
                                And yes that only my opinion yadda yadda not all antis agree with me etc etc [/spoiler]
                                I'm very surprised to hear you say that hon. But now that you've said you want it to be cancelled, can I ask why? Maybe in the peace loving thread I'd be interested to know why you feel it's 'jumped the shark' ang how it's lost it's integrity. Happy to chat with you on any thread you feel comfortable on

how would you feel if it was Joe that got canned?

if they some how magically could turn things around... restore torri and pauls characters to what they were, and not have Sam, keller, or Ellis in any sort of main roles i would be watching and supporting, but i know that won't be happening

well said and maybe i should join you on the couch LOL
                                If Joe got canned then i'd be unhappy. I was unhappy when RDA left and that was of his own volition and although I didn't like the changes, I had a gripe aired my grievences and didn't post in any seasons after he left unless I had something positiveish to contribute. I was a regular poster for SG1, but that all stopped when I found I never had anything good to say anymore. And I hated feeling like that. But I still watched, not as regular as I did, but I think i've only once or twice posted in the threads that relate to seasons 8, 9 and 10 because I couldn't be constructive and rational because I missed Jack and the feel of the show. And while I felt I couldn't contriute effectively and be rational about things I didn't see the point of continually moaning after each and every ep or each new season.

if you're asking if i'd stop posting if Joe left, the honest answer I can give is I don't know. Although he's my favourite character, it didn't stop me from enjoying the eps centered around the other characters, I loved Sateda and TRW because for me it's not just about one person it's the team and the stories I love, and if that disappeared, then so would I. I'd find something else that I enjoyed... I'd certainly have more free time

Does that answer your question?

Comment

Working...
                                X