Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE TRUTH: Why Is Torri Higginson Really Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
    Anyway i'll shut up now, because i'm way off topic
    off topic but at least a healthy conversation, something thats been sorely missing around here as of late
    Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
    ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
    Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
      i fail to see how that would help anything
      the opinions and problems would still exsist when we return
      True, but I find that, when I start posting opinion pieces or really participate in a debate, I tend to get into a "zone" where I'm just more combative overall. Hurt feelings only beget hurtful responses. By stopping this vicious cycle for a while, we might be able to lessen the more rude remarks.

That, and we get to take a break from our Stargate opinions for a few days.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
        True, but I find that, when I start posting opinion pieces or really participate in a debate, I tend to get into a "zone" where I'm just more combative overall. Hurt feelings only beget hurtful responses. By stopping this vicious cycle for a while, we might be able to lessen the more rude remarks.

Maybe.....if it was just the Season 4 forum - that seems to be the hotspot right now. No need to punish everyone else....
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

i agree but i think we need a more permanent fix that would only fix things temporarily
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

Believe me, I've had my share of fandoms (Star Trek and Stargate), there aren't any permanent solutions save banning everyone "on one side".

And that just raises a whole bunch of other problems. We'll all just have to deal with it.

Comment

I'm very happy to hear that fans of all sorts would like a healthier, more productive, and more tolerant atmosphere here at GW.

We have indeed gone massively off topic on this thread (apologies to the OP ) but I would like this conversation to continue. Would anyone be willing to start an open, honest thread about this for all fans? Alas, my thesis is demanding my time RIGHT NOW. I'd love to have a place where people can post their feelings and reach reconciliations and solutions - no finger-pointing, no adding to the negativity, no generalizing or grouping fans.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                I'm very happy to hear that fans of all sorts would like a healthier, more productive, and more tolerant atmosphere here at GW.

We have indeed gone massively off topic on this thread (apologies to the OP ) but I would like this conversation to continue. Would anyone be willing to start an open, honest thread about this for all fans? Alas, my thesis is demanding my time RIGHT NOW. I'd love to have a place where people can post their feelings and reach reconciliations and solutions - no finger-pointing, no adding to the negativity, no generalizing or grouping fans.
                I think there is one, if people want to use it. It appears the last topic of conversation was ship wars, but the title would apply here too. What do you think?

Fandom Wars: A misunderstanding or an inevitabilty?
                - Life after Stargate -
                Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                  I think there is one, if people want to use it. It appears the last topic of conversation was ship wars, but the title would apply here too. What do you think?

i'll post a link from there to here so people can reference it
                  thanks for digging the link up again

((hugs)) to all
                  Spoiler:

Comment

I feel the same way. It's nice to know so many would like things to change for the better around here. If even in a small way. It will be an ongoing process though. Things definitely won't change over night.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                      Depends on what you mean by civil. I think people need to grow up first. I have nothing against a little heated discussion.

This all started with the whole JM may not be telling the whole truth. I put down his information as the closest to viable account to the questions by the original creator of the thread.

If he was accepted as having some inside information we don't have, maybe this whole thing wouldn't have started. Since he does have info...and he has never outright lied. But it's become a mini argument between pro vs. anti...meh!

Until the pros can be ambivalent and say what they want without accompanying nastiness (I'm one of the few who hasn't seen nastiness posted to anti's in the same elk)...and the anti's can just realize some of us like Sam and that doesn't mean we hate Weir; or get over some of us not dissapointed about Weir...there will always be some bloody problem until S4---then people can just whinge and moan about the plot, characterization, and nitpick all the badly cut up scenes or uni malfunctions. Or in the case of techies debate how many drones it would take to take out one hive ship.

Maybe I don't get your point. I don't care about a red, that's a color addition to my list of things displayed. I'm talking about the unneeded insults that needs to be cut out. I don't need to be insulted and I think those people have nerve.
                      Very good point. But at least you and I are pros that have not been nasty, or at least done our best not to be.
                      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Agreed. I treally makes this enviornment a nasty one when we can't have a healthy discussion no matter if we are pro, anti or neutral.
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

The "us vs. them" mentality is not limited to one group of fans. I've seen pro fans making sweeping generalizations about anti fans, I've seen anti fans making sweeping generalizations about pro fans. I've seen pro and anti fans claim the "true fan" status, thus trivializing the other side. I've seen digs against "the other side" given in both pro and anti threads. I've seen pro fans upset that certain anti fans give out red for praising TPTB/s4 and I've seen anti fans upset that certain pro fans just want them to shut up and go away. And then the actions of these few are extrapolated out and applied unfairly to the whole group (XXX, who is a YYY fan, made a really nasty comment. Therefore, all YYY fans are nasty people. And then a YYY fan reads this opinion, even though they never said anything nasty, and they feel unfairly labeled and lash out in return. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it all. The fandom around here is really going to pot and I'd love to figure out how all of these different factions can come together or at least stop being so nasty to each other. Otherwise it's going to be a long, LONG wait until s4.
                          Mental green for you!!

I hate to say it, but I don't feel comfortable posting in a lot of threads right now, even the one I used to consider my "home" thread. Oh well.

Keeping OT, I personally think the only people who know why Torri is going to recurring are TPTB and possibly Torri. And they're not talking, presumably due to confidentiality clauses or something similar.

So all we can do is speculate until they tell us something official (which could be never).
                          sigpic
                          sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post

Are people happy with using the above thread to continue the discussion, or do you want to open a new thread? I was only presenting this as one option, not as the ONLY option.

But I agree that it would be good if the discussion could continue, on the above thread, or another one.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            sigpic

Comment

I'd like a new one, to be honest (not to lessen your effort in finding that thread though ). That one is already 5 pages long, doesn't exist in this forum and thus aren't dedicated to our issues specifically, and there is a lot of shipping going on in there that, as far as I see, isn't really a large part of our discussions.

Comment

I'd like a new one, to be honest (not to lessen your effort in finding that thread though ). That one is already 5 pages long, doesn't exist in this forum and thus aren't dedicated to our issues specifically, and there is a lot of shipping going on in there that, as far as I see, isn't really a large part of our discussions.
                                Then, please, feel free.... Or PM me with suggestions on the guidelines and title and I can do it. I just don't want to jump out there and start a new thread assuming I'm speaking for everyone.
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X