Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE TRUTH: Why Is Torri Higginson Really Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
    If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, those were comments made by ONE person in the anti-Season 4 thread, and that person is not here, so I don't think it's fair to drag them into this, or to apply one person's comments to everyone who posts in that thread.
    Well, aside from the posts agreeing with that person and the discussion that followed it, sure one person (the person is here too btw).

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
      Okay, hang on a second, before this starts getting to a US v them mentality. Because a person is pro season 4 doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have concerns over Torri leaving. It may mean that they have decided that there is nothing they can do about it, and are just going with the flow. Please don't speak for all pro S4 fans or all anti S4 fans...and you know what I really am starting to dislike this for and againts crap! Sorry to be blunt, but why can't a person be a supporter of Torri and Sam, have reservations but is neither for or against?*gets off her soapbox*
      Bolding is mine. Because unfortunately this has been turned into a stupid war and its hard to stay neutral. I never claim to speak for all fans and I apologize if that's how it came across. I usually am very clear about speaking for no one but myself. Everybody is quite capable of speaking their own mind; we're not a hive mind. But I was responding to a poster who used the "pro fan" designation and I fell into the trap of responding in kind. I guess there's a reason why I rarely venture beyond certain threads . . . just takes all the fun out of posting.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
        Bolding is mine. Because unfortunately this has been turned into a stupid war and its hard to stay neutral. I never claim to speak for all fans and I apologize if that's how it came across. I usually am very clear about speaking for no one but myself. Everybody is quite capable of speaking their own mind; we're not a hive mind. But I was responding to a poster who used the "pro fan" designation and I fell into the trap of responding in kind. I guess there's a reason why I rarely venture beyond certain threads . . . just takes all the fun out of posting.
        (((((((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))))))))))
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
          What we need is to shut this board down for a few days and let everyone cool off.
          Seconded.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
            thats because there is no reason for 'your own' side to red you, why would you get redded from someone that agrees with you?
            i can say the exact same thing only on the flip side
            But that's just it hon, we talk about 'sides', and that's where the divition comes in. We're all on the SAME side (hopefully) in that we want SGA to stand on it's own two feet and continue on until i'm hoping S10

Whether that will happen or not, I don't know. Will Torri's leaving impact on the viewing figures? Only time will tell, I like Torri, though I thought her character was underutilised, but the reasons for her leaving/reocurring may never be known and because we have all this time on our hands until S4 everyone...well sligh exaggeration, lol, some people are jittery and are causing trouble and pitching the whole for and against crap. It's happening on both sides, and both sides are sick of it, because of a handful of people stirring the pot.

I agree with PG15, shut GW down for a few days and let people cool off, but since that's never gonna happen....

*looks at the title of the thread*

Ooops. What was the question again?

Comment

Looks like there needs to be lots of hugs around here.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

((((((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))))

I think everyone's just hurt, upset and angry about the whole situation, and the wait for S4 is not helping things. I've said it before that it upsets me that people feel they can't step out of the safety of their own threads, and i'm sorry if I made you feel like that. It is an easy trap to fall into.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                  Agreed. We need to all take a chill pill and discuss rationally. Just because some fans disagree with others doesnt mean we can't be civil does it?
                  Depends on what you mean by civil. I think people need to grow up first. I have nothing against a little heated discussion.

This all started with the whole JM may not be telling the whole truth. I put down his information as the closest to viable account to the questions by the original creator of the thread.

If he was accepted as having some inside information we don't have, maybe this whole thing wouldn't have started. Since he does have info...and he has never outright lied. But it's become a mini argument between pro vs. anti...meh!

Until the pros can be ambivalent and say what they want without accompanying nastiness (I'm one of the few who hasn't seen nastiness posted to anti's in the same elk)...and the anti's can just realize some of us like Sam and that doesn't mean we hate Weir; or get over some of us not dissapointed about Weir...there will always be some bloody problem until S4---then people can just whinge and moan about the plot, characterization, and nitpick all the badly cut up scenes or uni malfunctions. Or in the case of techies debate how many drones it would take to take out one hive ship.

thats because there is no reason for 'your own' side to red you, why would you get redded from someone that agrees with you?
                  i can say the exact same thing only on the flip side
                  Maybe I don't get your point. I don't care about a red, that's a color addition to my list of things displayed. I'm talking about the unneeded insults that needs to be cut out. I don't need to be insulted and I think those people have nerve.
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                    The "us vs. them" mentality is not limited to one group of fans. I've seen pro fans making sweeping generalizations about anti fans, I've seen anti fans making sweeping generalizations about pro fans. I've seen pro and anti fans claim the "true fan" status, thus trivializing the other side. I've seen digs against "the other side" given in both pro and anti threads. I've seen pro fans upset that certain anti fans give out red for praising TPTB/s4 and I've seen anti fans upset that certain pro fans just want them to shut up and go away. And then the actions of these few are extrapolated out and applied unfairly to the whole group (XXX, who is a YYY fan, made a really nasty comment. Therefore, all YYY fans are nasty people. And then a YYY fan reads this opinion, even though they never said anything nasty, and they feel unfairly labeled and lash out in return. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it all. The fandom around here is really going to pot and I'd love to figure out how all of these different factions can come together or at least stop being so nasty to each other. Otherwise it's going to be a long, LONG wait until s4.
                    Brilliant post. I agree with you entirely. Have some green.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      Seconded.
                      i fail to see how that would help anything
                      the opinions and problems would still exsist when we return

But that's just it hon, we talk about 'sides', and that's where the divition comes in. We're all on the SAME side (hopefully) in that we want SGA to stand on it's own two feet and continue on until i'm hoping S10
                      but there are sides there is no getting around it, it’s the animosity between the two that is the problem. Not everyone wants SGA to stand on its own two feet and many believe that we need SG1 and Sam. I can deal with others opinions but when i start getting treated badly for mine i get angry and yes i get petty and in turn treat others badly. Its a vicious circle, one that i am not proud of but i am also not sure can be fixed. Even though i would be willing to try there is always going to be some person thats going to act like a jerk and it will start up all over again.
                      Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

I think everyone's just hurt, upset and angry about the whole situation, and the wait for S4 is not helping things. I've said it before that it upsets me that people feel they can't step out of the safety of their own threads, and i'm sorry if I made you feel like that. It is an easy trap to fall into.

Thanks, but I just hate adding fuel to the fire. We keep going round and round in endless circles with the pros and the antis and them against us. Its kind of like navigating a mine field. LOL.
                        sigpic

Comment

but i'm not waiting for season 4, i can not be party to the changes
                          love that you are willing to try and make peace babes thats a very cool thing

((hugs))
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                            Looks like there needs to be lots of hugs around here.
                            If people start singing kumbaya...I'll have to red you and then leave!
                            Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              Maybe I don't get your point. I don't care about a red, that's a color addition to my list of things displayed. I'm talking about the unneeded insults that needs to be cut out. I don't need to be insulted and I think those people have nerve.
                              i guess my point is that this is not just happening to one side

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                              If people start singing kumbaya...I'll have to red you and then leave!

*SNORK!*

ohhh that deserves green
                              Spoiler:

Comment

i fail to see how that would help anything
                                the opinions and problems would still exsist when we return

but there are sides there is no getting around it, it’s the animosity between the two that is the problem. Not everyone wants SGA to stand on its own two feet and many believe that we need SG1 and Sam. I can deal with others opinions but when i start getting treated badly for mine i get angry and yes i get petty and in turn treat others badly. Its a vicious circle, one that i am not proud of but i am also not sure can be fixed. Even though i would be willing to try there is always going to be some person thats going to act like a jerk and it will start up all over again.
                                But that's what i'm saying, there shouldn't be sides. people should be able to have a difference of opinion without it becoming 'sides'. People don't want SGA to stand on it's own two feet?

I think it can be fixed, but maybe we just need to think about things before we post. And for those that are deliberately stirring the pot... ignore them. Or call them on it.

Anyway i'll shut up now, because i'm way off topic

Thanks, but I just hate adding fuel to the fire. We keep going round and round in endless circles with the pros and the antis and them against us. Its kind of like navigating a mine field. LOL.
                                only a mindfield would probably be better to navigte around, at least you'd have a good idea that all of them are likely to blow up in your face so you'd take precautions. Here, you never know, lol.

*gets out her protective suit*

Comment

Working...
                                X