Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

THE TRUTH: Why Is Torri Higginson Really Leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    Yeah, I wasn't wanting to quote you but your post really, since it was relevant to the thread questions.
    I'm not upset about it! It's not a problem.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark View Post
      Care to give examples of why then?
      The "us vs. them" mentality is not limited to one group of fans. I've seen pro fans making sweeping generalizations about anti fans, I've seen anti fans making sweeping generalizations about pro fans. I've seen pro and anti fans claim the "true fan" status, thus trivializing the other side. I've seen digs against "the other side" given in both pro and anti threads. I've seen pro fans upset that certain anti fans give out red for praising TPTB/s4 and I've seen anti fans upset that certain pro fans just want them to shut up and go away. And then the actions of these few are extrapolated out and applied unfairly to the whole group (XXX, who is a YYY fan, made a really nasty comment. Therefore, all YYY fans are nasty people. And then a YYY fan reads this opinion, even though they never said anything nasty, and they feel unfairly labeled and lash out in return. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it all. The fandom around here is really going to pot and I'd love to figure out how all of these different factions can come together or at least stop being so nasty to each other. Otherwise it's going to be a long, LONG wait until s4.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
        Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it all. The fandom around here is really going to pot and I'd love to figure out how all of these different factions can come together or at least stop being so nasty to each other.
        agreed, i would support that cause
        Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
        ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
        Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
          agreed
          Ditto! Maybe we (royal we) need more therapy sessions on the Fandom wars thread

Comment

The "us vs. them" mentality is not limited to one group of fans. I've seen pro fans making sweeping generalizations about anti fans, I've seen anti fans making sweeping generalizations about pro fans. I've seen pro and anti fans claim the "true fan" status, thus trivializing the other side. I've seen digs against "the other side" given in both pro and anti threads. I've seen pro fans upset that certain anti fans give out red for praising TPTB/s4 and I've seen anti fans upset that certain pro fans just want them to shut up and go away. And then the actions of these few are extrapolated out and applied unfairly to the whole group (XXX, who is a YYY fan, made a really nasty comment. Therefore, all YYY fans are nasty people. And then a YYY fan reads this opinion, even though they never said anything nasty, and they feel unfairly labeled and lash out in return. Lather, rinse, repeat.)

Quite frankly, I'm getting tired of it all. The fandom around here is really going to pot and I'd love to figure out how all of these different factions can come together or at least stop being so nasty to each other. Otherwise it's going to be a long, LONG wait until s4.
            Oh WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD! I agree with every single word here. I'd green you but can't right now!
            - Life after Stargate -
            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
              Oh WORD WORD WORD WORD WORD! I agree with every single word here. I'd green you but can't right now!
              Done it for you

Comment

So you feel threatened by them because they like the show? You can't "let them win" because if they "win" that means they've liked the show, in contrast to your own not liking the show?

Come on....

What? I'm sorry, but I can't even respond to this because I have no idea what you're talking about. Threatened? Let them win? Win what? I didn't realize this was a contest of some kind. I thought this was thread about why TH is really leaving. I didn't realize there would be prizes for the right answer. GMAB.
                sigpic

Comment

Agreed. We need to all take a chill pill and discuss rationally. Just because some fans disagree with others doesnt mean we can't be civil does it?
                  Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                  "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                  Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Pegasus_SGA View Post
                    Done it for you
                    Thanks!
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                      What? I'm sorry, but I can't even respond to this because I have no idea what you're talking about. Threatened? Let them win? Win what? I didn't realize this was a contest of some kind. I thought this was thread about why TH is really leaving. I didn't realize there would be prizes for the right answer. GMAB.
                      I can link you the posts in the threads if you want?

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
                        gahhhh! i hate when i run out of green

Just a little aside ... i don't like to red anyone to me its just unnecessary and hurtful

I have only ever redded two people ever and it was because they redded me first.
                        (I shouldn’t have done it back in retaliation but I was angry, it was petty of me)

And one person I later talked it out and both apologized and I plan on greening that person in the future.

I would rather someone talk to me or pm me if they want, there are just way way to many assumptions being made.

We should be able to be civil but because the subject is near and dear to all of us its not always possible. Redding someone just seems redundant imho? What does it prove? What does it accomplish but more hurt feelings and resentment
                        The red is one thing. The red means nothing to me. I don't really care how many reds, it's the comments accompanying the reds that I don't like. So then if something happens to an actor, because I have problems with the way it's written and I state my reasons...I then there fore want to get the actress/actor fired. Is that even sane for someone to say that? Or telling someone to "shut the hell up" like they have the right. It's those little digs and comments that unnerve me. And I have gotten it from one side, and one side alone.

Then when I see people saying this or that in defense of these people, I'm like you need to ask the other side.

No one knows the full reason as to who and what caused TH to be reduced. Some people may have problems with Weir, such as myself, in paticular the way she's written. But that didn't mean I wanted the character off the show.

My complaints were always wanting them to improve her and make her grow as the show has grown. But that was never the case. What further unnerves me is the fact apparently everything I said is nothing that TH, herself hasn't complained about if you read the article comments posted by Killdeer. And then these same people who red me, say she was right; but I'm the devil incarnate and need to "shut the hell up".

In any event, until an announcement we won't be clear, and there are a multitude of factors in which TH might have left. We know of her dissatisfaction.
                        Last edited by vaberella; 19 May 2007, 07:06 PM.
                        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I can link you the posts in the threads if you want?
                          If you're referring to what I think you're referring to, those were comments made by ONE person in the anti-Season 4 thread, and that person is not here, so I don't think it's fair to drag them into this, or to apply one person's comments to everyone who posts in that thread, or to even pull the comments out of context. Who knows what they meant at that particular point in time or what they were responding to?
                          - Life after Stargate -
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                            Agreed. We need to all take a chill pill and discuss rationally. Just because some fans disagree with others doesnt mean we can't be civil does it?
                            the problem is i have temper that i have yet learned to curve lol. Often its not the opinion of another person that gets me going but the way they state it and their agressiviness with it.

we need to give peace a chance
                            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."

Comment

What we need is to shut this board down for a few days and let everyone cool off.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
                                The red is one thing. The red means nothing to me. I don't really care how many reds, it's the comments accompanying the reds that I don't like. So then if something happens to an actor, because I have problems with the way it's written and I state my reasons...I then there fore want to get the actress/actor fired. Is that even sane for someone to say that? Or telling someone to "shut the hell up" like they have the right. It's those little digs and comments that unnerve me. And I have gotten it from one side, and one side alone.
                                thats because there is no reason for 'your own' side to red you, why would you get redded from someone that agrees with you?
                                i can say the exact same thing only on the flip side
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X