Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alien worlds... Anyone wish they were more "Alien"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

same village, same forest, lack of space battles...it's really boring

perhaps now, they have more money (SG-1 was canceled) for new sets
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
      I'd love to see them get away from the Medieval/Renaissance style that they use for so many villages...
      I think nearly everybody would. It would be cool to see advanced races in their advanced world, rather than countless Shakespearean rejects. However budgetary constraints means that can hardly ever happen. Especially now since they are now in the realm of rising production costs.

Obviously it would be nicer to see them running around on a cool Alien stage rather than some woods or forrest being chased by stick people. As long as it's cut to a bare minimum then I don't mind.

Comment

Sateda was relatively on par with us. Even though they hadn't reached television, they still had radio.

The Genii are on par with the Satedans technologically, if not a bit more advanced, which I'm sure if not for the 9 years ago the Wraith culled Sateda that they'd be as advanced. As far as warfare goes, the Satedans were far more advanced than the Genii.

So the claim that all towns and villages are Renaissance/Medieval, especially in Stargate Atlantis, is absurd.

Also, I'm sure the Ancients terraformed the world in such a way as to support human life. This is why human worlds look so similar to each other.

The same thing was seen in Star Trek. Although there were some "quite" alien worlds, by the time TNG got popular enough, the whole alien world concept had been thrown out and Earth herbology was used. This was further elaborated in DS9 and by the time Voyager came around they really didn't bother.

Also, given the number of humanoid races in Star Trek, it's possible the herbology, similar to the humanoids of ST, are related in such a way as to sustain human life via natural evolution?
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
          So the claim that all towns and villages are Renaissance/Medieval, especially in Stargate Atlantis, is absurd.
          Of course it is. That's why I never made such a claim! I stated that they used those themes too often for my liking, not that they used those themes for every village they visited.

Is Atlantis really getting a bigger budget next year now that SG1 has been cancelled? I was under the impression that they'd get roughly the same that they always did.

Comment

again look at the science too, where humans can go and what we need to survive?
            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
              again look at the science too, where humans can go and what we need to survive?
              Exactly from the very begining they have stated that the Stargate goes mainly to worlds that support human life. We have seen many worlds that look alien but alot do look earthlt but I for one don't mind.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                Exactly from the very begining they have stated that the Stargate goes mainly to worlds that support human life. We have seen many worlds that look alien but alot do look earthlt but I for one don't mind.
                I don't mind it either. IMO, TPTB do a fine job most of the time making the inhabitants of the various worlds act alien. And the other "really" alien races we've encountered over the years makes up for the other times to me.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                  I don't mind it either. IMO, TPTB do a fine job most of the time making the inhabitants of the various worlds act alien. And the other "really" alien races we've encountered over the years makes up for the other times to me.
                  My thoughts exactly my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                    My thoughts exactly my friend.
                    Great minds think alike.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      Great minds think alike.
                      and my friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
                        i think its to save money on a show that has fans more interested in the characters within the story than a cg nature show?

just thinkin aloud here?
                        True. But it won't cost too much money to add a second sun or something. One giant yellow one and one smaller red one (StarWars Style)

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

I would like to visit worlds from this threadhttp://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=37069
                          Stolen Kosovo
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VSHARMA View Post
                            True. But it won't cost too much money to add a second sun or something. One giant yellow one and one smaller red one (StarWars Style)
                            Problem is, our current physics actually suggest that Binary star systems are either A: Incapable of supporting planets or B: Very unlikely to contain planets, both due to the way gravity works in a binary system.

Comment

Originally posted by NATIK View Post
                              Problem is, our current physics actually suggest that Binary star systems are either A: Incapable of supporting planets or B: Very unlikely to contain planets, both due to the way gravity works in a binary system.
                              True but that is Earth Physics. It's possible that some star systems with two stars have planets.

Comment

Since we know the ancients made lilfe, and by the game weknow they monitored live on planets they set up.. So is it outrageous to think they may have set a few planets out of the way in ';not normally life supporting areas, but with special modifications to this or that' so they could monitor it?>

Comment

Working...
                                X