Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The New and Improved Anti-Carter on Atlantis -thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    TPTB do.

Why?? I really think that any new fans she brings over to Atlantis will be more than cancelled out by the ones she drives away. I know that Carter is the cheaper option, if TPTB brought O'Neill or Daniel over they would have to pay more for them but really why Carter? Why feel the need to mess with the show in it's fourth season? It just doesn't make sense to me.
    sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Because Carter is the Golden Girl, and apparently the Mary Sue of the TPTB (or so I've heard). She's the McKay of SG1 and soon of SG(A)1.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Because Carter is the Golden Girl, and apparently the Mary Sue of the TPTB (or so I've heard). She's the McKay of SG1 and soon of SG(A)1.
        So where does that leave McKay? Out like Weir? Or made to act the buffoon again. I hate McKay when he is around Carter, she has to seem somehow better, smarter than him at all costs.

There goes the show!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post

There goes the show!
          yup very little beckett and weirr and sam... erk
          it was a good show while it lasted
          Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
          ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
          Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Carter as a main cast member of SGA is suicide. If they wanted to bring her to Atlantis so bad, it should have been as a guest or something, but, no, they had to convert an original SGA cast member into a guest herself just to open space for Carter. And, of course, if the move doesn't work and SGA gets canned, blame the fans for not accepting golden girl.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by parisindy View Post
              yup very little beckett and weirr and sam... erk
              it was a good show while it lasted
              That it was. It's a real shame that tptb feel the need to mess with the show in this way. Never mind, at least we still have the first three years, they can't take that away from us.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flynn1959 View Post
                That it was. It's a real shame that tptb feel the need to mess with the show in this way. Never mind, at least we still have the first three years, they can't take that away from us.
                Absolutely.

Comment

Except if the "soft reset" involves time travel... He, he!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                    Except if the "soft reset" involves time travel... He, he!
                    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
                    sigpic

Comment

My reasons why I think Carter should not be on Atlantis:

1) She has led before, SG-1 in Season 8 and failed miserably. She doesn't have the presence to lead a 3 person team, let alone an expedition.

2) Main characters are already lacking indepth story, why in the hell bring her over when it'll just cause more lack of story behind the characters. As much as I dislike him, we know very little about Sheppard's history

3) McKay will probably be written as a love struck baffoon that can't even function as a human being.

4) Carter will have all the answers, she'll never be wrong!

5) She's one of the most annoying characters to bring over, would have made more sense to bring over Jackson.

6) I would say McKay has earned the title as the foremost expert on Ancient tech, but I'm sure TPTB will write it as Carter will be.

7)
                      Spoiler:
                      What's this I hear about a Carter/Common Ground Wraith love relationship? That has disaster written all over it. We have enough kirking with Sheppard.

And I am sure there is more, but I am just fuming!

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                        And I am sure there is more, but I am just fuming!
                        Well, you know where to drop them off.

Comment

Carter and CG Wraith? Yuck! I don't think TPTB would do that with their fav character. Then again, Carter is almost a Wraith anyway, sucking life out of Atlantis and so on. (couldn't resist)
                          sigpic

Comment

Carter and CG Wraith? Yuck! I don't think TPTB would do that with their fav character. Then again, Carter is almost a Wraith anyway, sucking life out of Atlantis and so on. (couldn't resist)
                            Frak, I'm out of green...

Comment

Originally posted by ColCaldwell View Post
                              7)
                              Spoiler:
                              What's this I hear about a Carter/Common Ground Wraith love relationship? That has disaster written all over it. We have enough kirking with Sheppard.

That was a joke, just like the comment about shipping Carter/Shep. Neither should be taken at all seriously.

With all my concerns about Carter in Atlantis, and believe me there are a lot, shipping her with someone else is one I DON'T have. JoeM is very pro Sam/Jack, so I doubt they would mess with that, unless they kill Jack off in the movie or something.
                              - Life after Stargate -
                              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                              sigpic

Comment

ha!
                                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Working...
                                X