Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheppard. His character is way overdone, IMO, and half the time it feels like he's just some Marty Sue puppet for the writers to act out their fantasies. He's cocky and flippant and it doesn't always suit the situation- even if you leave room for the whole "laughing in the face of danger" thing. I usually love the brash, snarky ones, but Shep hits all the wrong notes for me and I find his letchy ways tedious.

Teyla would be another good candidate, but frankly I don't feel as if I know enough about her to make an informed decision. She's too busy propping up the scenery in the B-plots. No one ever seems to bother giving her much background or development beyond the obligatory "Teyla ep" we get every season.

Comment

Gotta admit, it was a toughie. In S1, it would have been Ford. He was like an army swat brat with no dimension. In 2, it was a cross between ford the recurred and Weir. She is really overused. I see weir as a Hammond-ish character, and since she has nothing else to offer to the show other than "Permission granted", I would like to see much less of her - especially given she makes the other characters weaker by presence.

Still weir, so I voted as such because really she is the only one that is wasting time on my screen right now - and hopefully my other worries will pick up when her role is reduced in 4 as it should be. (Shep being a big sook, Teyla barely used, etc)
      : I would very much like to have a weapon such as this.
      : Yeah, Get in line.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        no no..the red or green a person gets is in the "balance symbol" on the right hand side. You click on it and then click approve or disapprove, commentary is optional. I just get a red with a stupid comment following---sometimes insulting.

Oh I call them skins. I don't think other people on the board call them that, nor have I heard the term mentioned in other fandoms. They call them "socks" or "sock puppets" here---but I thought that was corny. I get my net-speak of sorts from other fandoms, I'm a comic reader--and post on those forums and other tv shows. So I don't limit myself to this forum.

Although "skins" is of my own creation in fandom. I got it from Roswell...the sort of bodies---almost like red-shirts not real people who are kiling others. They're not "real" people. These are people who have several accounts, and there for several different faces. This is why these polls aren't taken seriously. I call them skins. Another example of a skin, is like the you know some mobiles let you change the casing---same phone but a different case or in our case user name and you it seems to be a different person, but it's not.

I also say retcon---if you hear me say that it's the same thing like what the people here call 'soft reset'. Retconing is just a tad more vicious---Marvel is notorious for retconning stories. Darn you, Scarlet Witch!!
        thanks for clearing that up! i tend to spend most of my time on lj but i always use the same name so re-set for me would be impossible!!!
        sigpic
        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Nikki

stclare
          Quote:
          i have disliked carter since sg1 days and she was actualy the main reason i stopped watching that series.

Again same question, why?
          have pm'd you as i thought it may be considered off topic
          sigpic
          banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

I voted for Ronon. I like his characger, but we don't know enough about him. Runner, Trinity, No man's land, Sateda or Phantoms is not enough for me, because I would like to see at least 2 episode about him in the new season. Sometimes I feel that he and Teyla are only "decoration", secondary characters next to Sheppard or McKay. I would like to hear about his past, family, hobbies and at least 3 good and 3 bad attribute to be a 3d character. He should be less agressive fighter and more civilized after 1,5 year.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                If it had been last season, I would have said Ronon, no hesitation. But Sateda and Tao of Rodney developed him beyond a grunt man.

Now I'd have to say Shep. Just never did anything for me.
                I'd wid ye there!

all the way!

FFFFFFFIIIISSSSHHHHHH!!!!

Comment

Weir and Teyla most hated, no suprise there...

Comment

My least favourite is McKay or McKoi as on Submission. He's always moody, and smart. Smart is a good thing but too much at once, whoa!!Calmm it dudes!
                    sigpic

JOHN SHEPPARD.
                    Thanks scifan for this bootyful siggie!!!

Comment

wier follow by ronon

wier just doesn't seems to be a leader she tryes to keep on everybodys goodside but that is just plain stupid

ronon he is just an idot that can shoot

Comment

Weir, if no Weir then Carter.
                        sigpic
                        "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Working...
                        X