This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
    Anyone who reds someone for having a different opinion from them, should grow up
    Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
    Well, tell that to the childish person that red-ed me for saying I didn't like Weir. Look how many people don't like Weir.

We should start a club! Saying you don't like Weir is apparently a capital offense. I wish they would grow up, but I don't think that means they'd understand logic.

The other reason I don't bother with these polls...the "skins" are out posting their love.
    Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
      We should start a club! Saying you don't like Weir is apparently a capital offense. I wish they would grow up, but I don't think that means they'd understand logic.

The other reason I don't bother with these polls...the "skins" are out posting their love.
      erm not to be dumb or anythng but whats with the redness? do people like pm you and say why youve been reded? and by who? newbie here, i have seen mention of this in various threads but thought it was a mod thing. what ever it is it sems pretty damn sucky to me also what on earth is a "skins" (scratched head and wracked brains) there is like a whole new language on this site im trying to wrap my head round
      sigpic
      banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
        IFor the people that said that they didn't like Carter. Is it because she's joining the SGA cast and you don't like the idea or is it because you didn't like her from SG1...or is it something else entirely? I don't want to start an arguement over this or have the thread taken over by the issue, so I would appreciate it if you just gave a reason and didn't bash the character/actor.
        I didn't like Carter from SG1. Early seasons yes, but not the most recent ones. It had nothing to do with her coming over to Atlantis, although obviously I'm not happy that my least favorite character ended up becoming a main character in a show I love. I'm dealing, but it's still a downer when I think about it too much.
        Last edited by Killdeer; 13 May 2007, 11:54 AM.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

I voted Ford, but then I remembered Lucius *grrr*..
          On the other hand, I still consider Lucius as a "baddie" , so.. of course I wouldn't like him. But Ford I liked, and I liked him least of all.
          sigpic
          => *fictional representations of ridiculously attractive people in absurd situations*
          ... Bring it on!

Comment

Voted Other....specifically for Heightmeyer.

Course I loath Lucius as well...but I don't think we were meant to like him.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Carter not being included on both polls really doesn't make sense since she's supposed to be a season 4 main cast member, and has more Stargate screen time than Weir, Sheppard and McKay combined. Well, now it doesn't matter anymore. Many votes have already been cast.
                Last edited by mcbarr; 13 May 2007, 04:52 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

If it had been last season, I would have said Ronon, no hesitation. But Sateda and Tao of Rodney developed him beyond a grunt man.

Now I'd have to say Shep. Just never did anything for me.

Comment

I refuse to vote. I love them all and want them all in the show.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                      erm not to be dumb or anythng but whats with the redness? do people like pm you and say why youve been reded? and by who? newbie here, i have seen mention of this in various threads but thought it was a mod thing. what ever it is it sems pretty damn sucky to me also what on earth is a "skins" (scratched head and wracked brains) there is like a whole new language on this site im trying to wrap my head round
                      no no..the red or green a person gets is in the "balance symbol" on the right hand side. You click on it and then click approve or disapprove, commentary is optional. I just get a red with a stupid comment following---sometimes insulting.

Oh I call them skins. I don't think other people on the board call them that, nor have I heard the term mentioned in other fandoms. They call them "socks" or "sock puppets" here---but I thought that was corny. I get my net-speak of sorts from other fandoms, I'm a comic reader--and post on those forums and other tv shows. So I don't limit myself to this forum.

Although "skins" is of my own creation in fandom. I got it from Roswell...the sort of bodies---almost like red-shirts not real people who are kiling others. They're not "real" people. These are people who have several accounts, and there for several different faces. This is why these polls aren't taken seriously. I call them skins. Another example of a skin, is like the you know some mobiles let you change the casing---same phone but a different case or in our case user name and you it seems to be a different person, but it's not.

I also say retcon---if you hear me say that it's the same thing like what the people here call 'soft reset'. Retconing is just a tad more vicious---Marvel is notorious for retconning stories. Darn you, Scarlet Witch!!
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your answers on the Carter thing but I have a few follow up questions for you guys, if you don't mind. I'm only interested because I've seen Carter as a very likable character throughout the series and am curious to know why some others feel differently.

flynn1959 would you mind me asking why you didn't like her in SG1 and why you thin you won't like her in SGA?

stclare
                        i have disliked carter since sg1 days and she was actualy the main reason i stopped watching that series.
                        Again same question, why?

i havent seen anyone bash the actress in this thread or the other similar thread. as to bashing i take it you mean getting rude as stating your least fave and why is going to include dislikes and personal opinion. as youve singled out carter i take it she's one of your faves? so opinions like mine probably dont sit well with you, as does comments against mckay for me, but i do respect other peoples opinions and i hope you do not take offence over mine.
                        No, there's been no bashing in this thread but I have seen arguements spark from these sorts of discussions, so the bashing comment was there just to make sure people be extra careful with what they say, so as not to offend anyone.
                        Yes, Carter is my favourite character (as well as O'Neill) but that doesn't mean I'm not interested in why people don't like her, as it gives me another perspective to a character that I'm really interested in and so far have only seen in a positive light.
                        And no, I don't take any offence from your opinions/comment, in fact I thank you for your time as I asked for them.

Killdeer
                        I didn't like Carter from SG1. Early seasons yes, but not the most recent ones.
                        Like the others, why?

It had nothing to do with her coming over to Atlantis, although obviously I'm not happy that my least favorite character ended up becoming a main character in a show I love. I'm dealing, but it's still a downer when I think about it too much.
                        Aren't you interested to see where the writers are going with her transfer to Atlantis? And seeing as you used to like the character, aren't you curious to find out if you'll like her again with the new setting/dynamic she's in and cast she's with?

(Credit to RepliCartertje for the beautiful sig and to Mala for smilies.)

Comment

Sorry, but I just don't feel like Elizabeth is a stongly written character. Torri is fantastic, but the character is not very consistent, and the clashes with whomever is heading the military contingent are a problem. I like having a leader who tries to balance things, but for someone who is supposed to be a skilled diplomat, she has done some extremely undiplomatic things. I just never really felt like they got in tune with the character.

So... that was my vote.

Cheers!
                          Emerald
                          Emerald
                          ~ Ninja Squirrel ~ Attack Squirrel ~
                          I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post
                            Killdeer

Like the others, why?

Aren't you interested to see where the writers are going with her transfer to Atlantis? And seeing as you used to like the character, aren't you curious to find out if you'll like her again with the new setting/dynamic she's in and cast she's with?
                            Nikki, I think this is going a little off-topic maybe, so have sent reply by PM.
                            - Life after Stargate -
                            Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                            Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                            sigpic

Comment

With the option for other Lucius becomes the only sane answer. Taking that out though it would probably be Sheppard for me. I used to hate Dex more but lately they've switched places. Sheppard just bugs me, his stupid obvious jokes bug me, his wannabe O'neillnesss bugs me, his superhero persona really bugs me. Sure Dex is a walking collection of warrior cliches but he's still not as purely annoying to me as Sheppard has been of late.

Weir is sort of ho hum mainly because I hardly notice her character and I could never really figure out why so many people seem to hate Teyla. She actually seems to be the most moral one of any of them in my opinion.

McKay I used to like early on but they've gone to the well so many times with him now that he's begining to bore me.

Maybe if some of these characters were actually advanced and grown instead of reset after every episode things would improve a bit.

Carter has never been a very good character and sending her to Atlantis makes no sense. They should have sent Daniel, he'd have a role to play there instead of sharing McKay's, and he's one of the strongest characters in the franchise, something Atlantis really could have used.

It says something about the series of late that the new Atlantis expedition didn't even include an archaeologist or something of that nature as a main cast member. It was the lost city of Atlantis for godsake.But what room do we have for boring "early SG-1" things like that when there's nukes to build, spaceships to fly, tech to loot and aliens to shoot I guess right.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
                                Carter not being included on both polls really doesn't make sense since she's supposed to be a season 4 main cast member, and has more Stargate screen time than Weir, Sheppard and McKay combined. Well, now it doesn't matter anymore. Many votes have already been cast.
                                I'm rather glad she's not listed in this one, as she isn't listed in the other.

I'd vote Lucius except I really consider him a guest and not worthy of a vote. Ummm. McShep. Too much screen time and not enough focus on anyone else.

suse
                                Last edited by suse; 13 May 2007, 08:54 PM. Reason: :eek: spelling
                                sigpic
                                Mourning Sanctuary.
                                Thanks for the good times!

Comment

Working...
                                X