X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
    Re Rachel

Spoiler:
    Well they're still filming the front half of the season and her bump's pretty visible already, so I'm assuming she'll be off on maternity leave at some point
    Thats what I thought too. Can't really blame her for taking maternity leave, though I hope we get to see a good bit of her.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
      Re Rachel

Spoiler:
      Well they're still filming the front half of the season and her bump's pretty visible already, so I'm assuming she'll be off on maternity leave at some point
      CAn I ask how you know this? Given that, from what I have seen, there has still been no official confirmation on the subject. How do you know that
      Spoiler:
      Rachel already has a "pretty visible" bump?

Let me clarify that I'm not in any way disagreeing or saying I don't believe you, would just like to know your source as I've yet to see/hear anything official.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
        CAn I ask how you know this? Given that, from what I have seen, there has still been no official confirmation on the subject. How do you know that
        Spoiler:
        Rachel already has a "pretty visible" bump?

Let me clarify that I'm not in any way disagreeing or saying I don't believe you, would just like to know your source as I've yet to see/hear anything official.
        http://www.gateworld.net/conventions..._110.jpg.shtml

this pic kinda shows it...

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
          Not really, hon... that could be anything from the way she was standing/moving when the picture was taken... it's by no means proof. Again, I'm not saying I don't think it's the case.. just that I haven't seen any official confirmation of it or anyone stating that they have definitively seen
          Spoiler:
          a visible bump.
          sigpic

Comment

Not really, hon... that could be anything from the way she was standing/moving when the picture was taken... it's by no means proof. Again, I'm not saying I don't think it's the case.. just that I haven't seen any official confirmation of it or anyone stating that they have definitively seen
            Spoiler:
            a visible bump.
            hmm well i think it shows it, anyway JM kinda said it on his blog, april 25th
            Anonymous #7 writes: “Teyla's pregnant? […] It just proves that if you can't figure out how to develop a female character you off them like you're doing with Elizabeth or you get them pregnant... where have I seen that again? *insert rolling of eyes here*”

Answer: As far as I know, there are three ways in which shows have dealt with pregnancies: 1) They’ve reduced the actress’s onscreen time drastically and ignored the fact by shooting around her, 2) They’ve written the actress out of the show entirely, 3) They’ve supported the actress by writing the pregnancy into the show. If there is a fourth option you have in mind, I’d love to hear it. Maybe a "Teyla has an eating problem" arc?

theyve had to write it in because shes gonna show, unlike amanda in season 8 when it was towards the end of filming the season so there wasnt much to cover. i also thought in the behind the scenes thing for missing, that the new big leather coat was to cover up some bump.

Comment

Not disagreeing with any of that, Roo... I certainly interpreted Joe's comment to mean that
              Spoiler:
              Rachel is pregnant
              (btw, I think this info should be in spoilers given the thread title has no spoiler warning), I'm just saying that we have no official confirmation of that and the picture doesn't prove or disprove it either way. It's been mentioned on other threads that
              Spoiler:
              actresses have been asked if they are pregnant etc based on photos taken at odd angles or where their posture made their tummy stick out a bit etc.
              What I was questioning here was sueKay's statement of
              Spoiler:
              Rachel's pregnancy/her visible bump
              as fact.. as far as I know, at present it's still all just speculation. I'm 90% sure, from Joe's comment, that it's true but we can't assume...
              sigpic

Comment

Not disagreeing with any of that, Roo... I certainly interpreted Joe's comment to mean that
                Spoiler:
                Rachel is pregnant
                (btw, I think this info should be in spoilers given the thread title has no spoiler warning), I'm just saying that we have no official confirmation of that and the picture doesn't prove or disprove it either way. It's been mentioned on other threads that
                Spoiler:
                actresses have been asked if they are pregnant etc based on photos taken at odd angles or where their posture made their tummy stick out a bit etc.
                What I was questioning here was sueKay's statement of
                Spoiler:
                Rachel's pregnancy/her visible bump
                as fact.. as far as I know, at present it's still all just speculation. I'm 90% sure, from Joe's comment, that it's true but we can't assume...
                well its a season 4 cast question in a season 4 thread, i think its safe to presume it will contain spoilers lol

i think, from what ive seen that there is a bit of bump showing, but if you dont then thats fine, we'll just have to agree to disagree. someone else said (on our whumping thread i believe) that she had been told it had been pretty obvious there was a bump at a con.

eta: i know thats what you were disputing btw...i was just saying if they knew they had to write it in, there must be a bump showing up pretty soon.

Comment

Alipeeps, the pic Rootor posted OBVIOUSLY shows her bump. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but that bump couldn't be mistaken for anything other than a cooking baby in her belly. That's not position, pose, fat, or anything else. It's quite clearly pregnancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rootortoise View Post
                    well its a season 4 cast question in a season 4 thread, i think its safe to presume it will contain spoilers lol

i think, from what ive seen that there is a bit of bump showing, but if you dont then thats fine, we'll just have to agree to disagree. someone else said (on our whumping thread i believe) that she had been told it had been pretty obvious there was a bump at a con.

eta: i know thats what you were disputing btw...i was just saying if they knew they had to write it in, there must be a bump showing up pretty soon.
                    Spoiler rules though are that, unless the post title includes specific warnings as to what information/episode is being spoiled, everything else should be spoiler-tagged. Better safe than sorry.....

I'm not disputing that Rachel
                    Spoiler:
                    almost certainly is pregnant,
                    just saying that we don't actually have official confirmation of that fact... I was wondering if sueKay had heard something official as her statement seemed quite definitive.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LogicSequence View Post
                      Alipeeps, the pic Rootor posted OBVIOUSLY shows her bump. I don't mean to be disrespectful, but that bump couldn't be mistaken for anything other than a cooking baby in her belly. That's not position, pose, fat, or anything else. It's quite clearly pregnancy.
                      From a previous discussion of the photo:

Originally posted by A Mal Doran View Post
                      Would the idea that Rachel Luttrell might actually be pregnant be helped along with this photo of her?

CREATION VANCOUVER 2007
                      http://www.gateworld.net/conventions..._110.jpg.shtml
                      Originally posted by kiwigater View Post
                      Possibly - although the poor woman may also have just eaten lunch and/or breathed out
                      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                      i feel for female actors. I've lost count of how many times, when a pic was snapped of amanda and her tummy looked the slightest bit bumpy and the 'is she preggers' rumors started.

heck, she didn't even have a baby type bump last novemeber and folks were starting that rumor.

if rachel is, she is, if she isn't, she isn't

it's none of our business at this point in time.

Thank you for posting the photo and i'm not ragging on you for that...but let's keep rachel's private life out of this please
                      Again, I'm not saying she isn't.. just that we don't know for definite and a photo where her tummy seems to be sticking out a bit is not proof.
                      sigpic

Comment

I have a question re: Rachel Lutrell.
                        Spoiler:
                        Wouldn't they have announced it already if RL was going to be missing from some episodes? They announced last year that MS was only going to be in 16 episodes because he took off four episodes due to he and his wife having their baby.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                          I have a question re: Rachel Lutrell.
                          Spoiler:
                          Wouldn't they have announced it already if RL was going to be missing from some episodes? They announced last year that MS was only going to be in 16 episodes because he took off four episodes due to he and his wife having their baby.
                          I agree with this. I first would like to say I agree with Alipeeps. Until we are given an official announcement everything is just speculation. No one has a clue about anything or proper proof until we've been told. And personally, I have a problem with the speculation on the actor/actress' private life.

As for her not being on the show, I definitely agree with what you said Killdeer, and I figure that would have been mentioned in possibly RL's Stargate mag interview or even JM himself. But contrary, RL says a huge focus will be on Teyla and her excitement at sinking her teeth in that, and also JM mentioned a season long arc. For him to even say season long arc and not show Teyla in some form or another woudl be ridiculous. So, I get the impression people are saying Teyla goes missing for a period of time, and we don't get a glimpse or any knowledge of what she's going throuhg?! Unlikely. She's not recurring remember, she's a regular. That being said, if she's in a bind we'll see her in that situation if she's not on Atlantis or with the team. So no matter what, it's unlikely there is no Teyla. And the "possibility" that RL is pregnant is pretty meaningless in viewing the show, unless she wants the time off. It doesn't take a year to film the entire season. A few months and they got the footage and are ready to go. If she is pregnant and wants to stay is fine with staying---then camera magic is in order and they do magic all the time. If make up and graphics can make John go from sexy and buff to decrepit bones with no hair. I would think it's pretty easy to shave off a few pounds around the middle.

In any event, I just think the focus on RL doig this or that shouldn't play a role on Teyla unless we're given an announcment saying such a thing. And Teyla does have fans who would like to know if she is or isn't on the show or in recurring, for whatever the reason. They did one for TH and for PM---I'm sure they'd have said something for RL. While the announcement for Teyla is a season long arc.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I think the point is here that, assuming Rachel is pregnant, she doesn't need to take time off the show (other than if she wants to or around the actual birth etc) because the pregnancy is being written into the show. Teyla will be pregnant so there is no need to try and disguise the pregnancy.

Amanada Tapping, on the other hand, (and, for example, Gillian Anderson in The X-Files), had to miss a few episodes because the pregnancy was not written into the show and it was necessary to disguise the fact that they were pregnant because the characters they played were not supposed to be pregnant. There's a limit to how much you can do with camera angles and actresses always being shot from the shoulders up or wearing loose coats or always standing behind something.

As Teyla is going to be pregnant in the show, Rachel can happily carry on playing Teyla for as far into the pregnancy as she is happy to work.
                            sigpic

Comment

I have to say it's hard to tell. It could be that she's pregnant but if so only about a month or so along. It's pure speculation on any of our points to tell 100%.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                              X