This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I want to know what the beam thing was from 1x17.
    I'm convinced it's meant to fuel the hives, since they're partially build out of organic material.

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
    No need, it's already been explained by Martin Gero that it was dropped to tag the planet.
    Yeah right, by carving their name into the planet? Because in The Gift Bates said they dropped some sort of device near the gate to which Sheppard said they're tagging the planet. That beam was definitely not dropping a device. It was a steady beam (which looked about ready to drill a hole to the other side of the planet).

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
    It's people skin.
    Exactly what I was thinking and thereby I couldn't help but think of Auschwitz-Birkenau.

Questions I'd like to see answered...

* Where's Ford and what's he been doing lately?
    * Where are the Athosians at?
    * Wraith society and how it's build up?
    * What is Atlantis' true potential?
    * What will the civilians make of the shift in command?
    * Can we get rid of Carter fast?
    * Where's Michael and what's he planning on next?
    * What's happening to the Genii? Sora still alive?
    * What happened to the Hoffans and how's Chaya?
    * Why do the Asurans have such a grudge towards their creators?
    * What else is out there in the Pegasus Galaxy that we haven't discovered yet?
    * What's going to happen to Elizabeth?
    * How did Teyla end up as leader of the Athosians? (was she elected because she can sense the Wraith or did she inherit the title from her father)
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      * Can we get rid of Carter fast?
      Hopefully. Seriously though, Carter's presence is appreciated. It's just that Dr. Weir shouldn't have to go for that to happen.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pbellosom View Post
        It's people skin.

I just realize something and take back my initial agreement.

It's inefficient for the wraith to use human skin as a form of clothing for several reasons.

First off, when they're done feeding---there's no skin left, it's skeleton left standing---so those people won't be used for any sort of clothing.
        Second of all, if they did stop at a midpoint, skin loses it's level of elasticity and would probably not make it through the leathering process in it's complete form.

We could say, however, they use live relatively young humans, but they wouldn't waste their food in such a fashion. We already know that their food source in the Peggie is dwindling---dwindling so much that they're fighting amongst themselves. Michael's crew, although it was trick, would probably have used it against their own to feed (which we saw fruition of in Misbegotten when it was said it seems as though some of the wraith-turned human were fed upon after the Daedy sent over the retro-v.). That being the case, using human skin of course would be a waste of their overall food source. Something they need to survive---especially when considering how many there are.

I always figured the worshipers were used to get more wraith food through trickery and manipulation---like we saw in Condemned (albeit they weren't worshipers).

All in all, I would say the leathers are not human skin. So where the hell are the cows?!

Not to mention, as I stated before, Teyla and her people wear leather---do the Athosians then use human skin? Unlikely! So it has to come from somewhere!

WHERE ARE THE COWS?!
        Last edited by vaberella; 10 May 2007, 06:09 PM.
        Click statement above to read article.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
          It's just that Dr. Weir shouldn't have to go for that to happen.
          Still clinging to that old chestnut I see.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
            WHERE ARE THE COWS?!
            Plot hoooole!

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            Still clinging to that old chestnut I see.
            What do you mean? Season 4 hasn't even started yet...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
              I just realize something and take back my initial agreement.

It's inefficient for the wraith to use human skin as a form of clothing for several reasons.

First off, when they're done feeding---there's no skin left, it's skeleton left standing---so those people won't be used for any sort of clothing.
              Second of all, if they did stop at a midpoint, skin loses it's level of elasticity and would probably not make it through the leathering process in it's complete form.

We could say, however, they use live relatively young humans, but they wouldn't waste their food in such a fashion. We already know that their food source in the Peggie is dwindling---dwindling so much that they're fighting amongst themselves. Michael's crew, although it was trick, would probably have used it against their own to feed (which we saw fruition of in Misbegotten when it was said it seems as though some of the wraith-turned human were fed upon after the Daedy sent over the retro-v.). That being the case, using human skin of course would be a waste of their overall food source. Something they need to survive---especially when considering how many there are.

I always figured the worshipers were used to get more wraith food through trickery and manipulation---like we saw in Condemned (albeit they weren't worshipers).

All in all, I would say the leathers are not human skin. So where the hell are the cows?!

Not to mention, as I stated before, Teyla and her people wear leather---do the Athosians then use human skin? Unlikely! So it has to come from somewhere!

WHERE ARE THE COWS?!
              You know that is a good point, to be hones have they ever shown animals other than horses, and RDA's dog?
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well there is one thing we know for sure Mitch, there are planets and waters inhabited by our pre-historic animals. If we go back to was it, The Gift (?), we know that Ford said after they escaped a planet that there was a creature that looked like a T-Rex and remember the description of the planet had lush ficus and what not. That's one, then there are the "whales" that were shown in Grace Under Pressure and Echoes; that had no resemblance to bloody whale. I never new whales had that form, those things were plesiosaurs and I won't listen to this crud of whales.

Spoiler:

Does that look like any whale you've ever seen?! Hella no! Further more, in the video that PG15 posted in the thread spoiler for 'The Missing'
                Spoiler:
                we saw those cavemen wannnabes with these massive weapons of sponge made to look like bones. Massive bones, that are reminiscint of the past pre-historic beasts I mentioned or we've seen at the National Museum of Natural History.

Now with all that information I think I just answered my own question. They probably got the leather from those pre-historic creatures. Now of course it hasn't been proven that any of the pre-historic creatures have skin like alligators, crocs, or lizards today. I mean if it's to be believed that the T-Rex (a worthless scavanger overly grown rat dinosaur) is the ancestor of the chicken (our mass produced common place "white" meat) then the T-Rex could have been a big bird. Imagine Big Bird with those teeth?! LOL, too funny. In any event, skin, and I'll assume if you have it and it's of a certain texture can be used to produce leather.

So I guess the Wraith used either the plesios or those dino's we haven't gotten a chance to see. Meh, now I want to know where they got stilletos?! I'm good to go on the skin.

Comment

They weren't whales they were fish

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    They weren't whales they were fish
                    True enough, those cats were not consistent with the images.

Comment

I want to know what it is exactly that the scientists are studying in atlantis
                      cause other than the retrovirus I dont recall a single scientific advancement mentioned

Comment

I know one thing I want answered, WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO CARSON!
                        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                          I know one thing I want answered, WHAT THE HELL HAPPEND TO CARSON!
                          That's a topic for a whole other thread, my friend
                          click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Originally posted by scifi_lemon View Post
                            We've been promised some major plot-twists/revelations in the fourth season of SGA. My quesiton, what do you want to be revealed or learn more about?

Engage speculation... now!
                            Several things..

1) What that weakness the Aurora crew mentioned about.
                            2) Whether they have a home world or not
                            3) why the Asurans never attacked the wraith
                            4) where the heck Ronon got his gun from
                            5) whether ford has survived all this time..

Was there a third evolution of humanity that came along prior to the ancients and prior to humans?
                            As posted elsewhere, i feel the ancients were actually the Second evolution of this form, while we are the third. I say this due to what oma said to daniel, concening the other ascended people..

Can the Pegasus gates be dialed manually if push comes to shove?
                            They do need to get that answred.

Wraith ships jump into orbit around the planet. You open up & take out the fleet, all from the safety of being behind the shield. The Wraith send more ships, you keep taking them out. If the Wraith stop sending ships, you expand to installing these weapons platforms on other planets throughout the galaxy.
                            perhaps with the shield up they could not fire out? I mean other than seeing a jumper go through the shield in rising, have we actually seen anything go through them EITHER way??

Logically speaking it would be insane not to have them considering what they would be facing every single time in battle.
                            Logical to us, but maybe not to them..

Anymore city-ships like seen in "The Tower?"
                            I would like to know that too... Also whether there are more ;hangerbays' like the one in inferno

What's happening to the Genii? Sora still alive?
                            * What happened to the Hoffans and how's Chaya?
                            Two good ones... Though chaya was from a different planet than the hoffans.

How did Teyla end up as leader of the Athosians? (was she elected because she can sense the Wraith or did she inherit the title from her father)
                            From what i can gather, it is a mix of both. Her father was leader, and it seems she is (or was) the only one willing to step up and take the slot.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              Logical to us, but maybe not to them..
                              Actually, logical to pretty much everyone unless the Lanteans could materialize objects from thin air like the Asgard. But, even so, it would still make sense to have energy weapons to complement the drones.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Two good ones... Though chaya was from a different planet than the hoffans.
                                I know but the thought happened at that exact moment and I just put it in the same question. Saving room, you could call it.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X