This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
    David Hewlitt has a MySpace page if you want to ask him to add you as a friend. I don't have the address right now because I'm at work and MySpace is a filtered site. Thankfully Gateworld isn't.
    Most workplaces consider MYSpace to be a big waste of space, hence, banned via filters. However, it's worth signing up at his myspace (which requires getting your own, so mine sits there idly) in order to get updates emailed to you

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
      Yay, thank you. It's so common for fan speculations to filter into the general melee, mutate into predictions, transmogrify into confirmed spoilers... leading to cries of anguish, woe and demands for a producer's/writer's head when the light finally dawns. Thanks for the link
      of course, that's part of fandom! however, a lot of what JoeM says can also be taken with a grain of salt. Spoilers can only be confirmed if you get a definite yes or no, really, to a well-worded question, like "how many episodes will weir be in?" answer: 'four'.

I've collected all the 'spoilers' he's put out and once you boil them down, it's not a ton, really

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        Most workplaces consider MYSpace to be a big waste of space, hence, banned via filters. However, it's worth signing up at his myspace (which requires getting your own, so mine sits there idly) in order to get updates emailed to you
        I quite understand the filtering and agree with it. I did forget to mention about bulletins and blog notices that you can get sent to your home page. Then you can look at you home page for new items. If nothing is new you log off and go somewhere else. You only have to approve friends that you want, kind of like a livejournal site. You can deny people you don't know and spammers. I'm not promoting it, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be as bad as some people have made it out to be.
        Spoiler:
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Redhooks View Post
          I quite understand the filtering and agree with it. I did forget to mention about bulletins and blog notices that you can get sent to your home page. Then you can look at you home page for new items. If nothing is new you log off and go somewhere else. You only have to approve friends that you want, kind of like a livejournal site. You can deny people you don't know and spammers. I'm not promoting it, I'm just saying it doesn't have to be as bad as some people have made it out to be.
          I think workplaces find it a waste of itme due to the time people spend on it, hence, the banning. I've tried it, but because I look for more creative stuff (fiction, photos, etc. etc.) I find the LJ community to be more fun. Although I've seen several actors use MYSpace to promote their work,which considering how many people do use MySpace, makes sense marketingwise.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
            of course, that's part of fandom! however, a lot of what JoeM says can also be taken with a grain of salt.
            Not really. It's just that people read definitive meaning into "perhapses, maybes, possiblies, unlikelies, etc. etc." Or just infer a statement where there isn't one. The examples people have cited of him misleading the fans turn out to be fan-originated rumours in the first place.

Spoilers can only be confirmed if you get a definite yes or no, really, to a well-worded question, like "how many episodes will weir be in?" answer: 'four'.

I've collected all the 'spoilers' he's put out and once you boil them down, it's not a ton, really
            Which is as it should be.
            scarimor

Comment

I didn't expect to see this much information this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                I always thought it'd be lots of fun to see how Vala and McKay got along. And maybe Vala and Sheppard.

(not in a shippy sense)

I wonder what Ronan would make of her? Or Teyla?
                Well, she's been before (SG-1's Pegasus Project), but if she were around without Daniel to run interference, I think Ronon would just shoot her. Can you imagine Teyla trying to teach her to meditate? *snickers*

I'm trying to picture the storyline that would have Vala needed in PG. Not coming up with much. Dr. Lee I can see from a scientific point of view, Mitchell maybe, Dr Lam is a possiblity and so is Landry....
                sigpic
                Sig by Luciana
                My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

Vala doesn't need a storyline. She can easily create something herself. I'm pretty sure she'd annoy McKay to the point he'd go whine in Elizabeth's office (where he unfortunately bumps into Carter). Sheppard would probably restrain her and throw her into the brig. That, or he kirks which is so 1967 of him. Ronon would most definitely shoot her and I doubt his gun will be on stun only. Teyla, I think, would roll her eyes and leave Vala to herself. I doubt she would kick her butt outside a sparring match.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                    I didn't expect to see this much information this soon.
                    I know it's a good news bad news situation. The more we hear the more it sounds like season 5 will depend solely on the ratings for season 3. I sure hope we get a fifth year.
                    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                      Oh but he's not nearly as annoying as Felger!

In my opinion of course!
                      True, but just like sam is the best tech for SG1, and rodney for Atlantis, all other techs are 'just pawns..

Comment

Working...
                      X