This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by They call me Tim View Post
    I heard this on this board a long time ago but I thought that it was cool then and now. I think that we should find out that Shepard is a former asended Ancient that learns the truth. Maybe they find another Ancient outpost and are downloading the database of Ancients that were stationed there and they find a holo of someone that looks exactly like Shepard. Find another Ancient in a status pod that will die shortly after waking up but is able to identify Shep as a former Ancient before he goes...that is my hope.
    That'd be pretty interesting, and it would shed some light on why Sheppard is so compatible with Ancient tech. It would also explain why those people from Epiphany suggested all the time they needed Sheppard's guidance to ascend or whatever.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
      That'd be pretty interesting, and it would shed some light on why Sheppard is so compatible with Ancient tech. It would also explain why those people from Epiphany suggested all the time they needed Sheppard's guidance to ascend or whatever.
      I never thought of that. Good point.

It also explains why Ascended women dig him.
      click it...you know you want to --- you HAVE to click this!

Comment

Whoever said the ancient had to be a civilian, maybe it could be a soldier.
        Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Ooh I like the idea of Shepherd being a descended Ancient with no memory. He could activate something in Atlantis that slowly restores his memory or something.

He should have a higher than average IQ, but not a scientist. Maybe the captain of an Ancient warship from the war. A good idea for an episode would be set 10,000 years ago when he was commanding his ship, The Orion.
          Kevan Smith: "I shoot it, I go home, I get drunk."

Comment

Originally posted by Col. Shadow Quinn View Post
            Whoever said the ancient had to be a civilian, maybe it could be a soldier.
            Originally posted by Professor Chaos View Post
            Ooh I like the idea of Shepherd being a descended Ancient with no memory. He could activate something in Atlantis that slowly restores his memory or something.

He should have a higher than average IQ, but not a scientist. Maybe the captain of an Ancient warship from the war. A good idea for an episode would be set 10,000 years ago when he was commanding his ship, The Orion.
            If John's a Descended Ancient, it'd explain why we know so little about his past

I like the idea of a soldier Ancient because they might know where some of the stuff is located, but wouldn't a deep understanding of how it works. He'd also know about more "important" stuff like weapons would be. Captain of the Orion would be cool too.

Comment

Originally posted by mcbarr View Post
              That'd be very interesting, Shepard an Ancient that would be great.
              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I just don't want to see the Ancients keep slipping up
                sigpic
                Spoiler:
                President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
                President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
                Forum Charmer
                Forum Ambassador
                Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
                VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

Originally posted by ACharmedAsgard View Post
                  I just don't want to see the Ancients keep slipping up
                  They're bound to do something right...eventually

Comment

God I hope so
                    sigpic
                    Spoiler:
                    Forum Charmer
                    Forum Ambassador
                    Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

God I hope so

Comment

I wouldn't want to see an ancient render one of the main characters obsolete. If it's an ancient scientist, then suddenly the idea of McKay being able to be, well, McKay does not work so well because he does not have being the "I'm the smartest person around and you need me" aspect to his character anymore. If the ancient was some sort of military strategist or soldier, it would make sense for the ancient to either be in a command position or as a member of Sheppard's team. In both cases, we have those segments fully stocked with either recurring characters (Weir, Caldwell and Ellis) or main cast.

The one thing I could go for is a sort of Morgan Le Fay (did I spell that right?) slash Zordon concoction that provides information (the powers that be would need to have it damaged so it does not know everything about the city and some exploration still works) to the team, like the original hologram in The Rising, but more detailed. It could have been useful in Tao of Rodney, where Weir's exposition on ascending didn't seem to make a lot of sense for her character. This would hinder it from playing a physical role in the series, which would leave the main cast plenty of uses for their expertise.

Comment

Ancients don't think outside the Box so a smart Ancient wouldn't make the main charaters obsolete
                          sigpic
                          Spoiler:
                          Forum Charmer
                          Forum Ambassador
                          Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Ancients don't think outside the Box so a smart Ancient wouldn't make the main charaters obsolete
                            It'd be like having an easy to use encyclopedia on Ancient stuff; all the answers to how everything works and where it is, but you still have to know how to use it to its best potential. It'd make things too easy imho, but having a Ancient solider work better. They'd still be an Ancient but they wouldn't take away from the 'discovery' that's a big part of SGA.

Comment

Not all Ancients knew everything - a single scientist wouldn't know everthing about Ancient technology - they each probably had fields. Ancient soldiers would be no different to humans really
                              sigpic
                              Spoiler:
                              Forum Charmer
                              Forum Ambassador
                              Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

Not all Ancients knew everything - a single scientist wouldn't know everthing about Ancient technology - they each probably had fields. Ancient soldiers would be no different to humans really
                                True. My only problem with having a permenant Ancient would be if they were 'too' smart, ya know? I don't want to lose the sense of discovery and trying to figure everything out.

Comment

Working...
                                X