This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's OBVIOUS.

(in spoiler tags because I reference some spoilery BSG season 3 stuff)

Spoiler:
    While Atlantis is drifting in space with no way to return to Lantea, Earth or any other planet, they get attacked by Wraith. So Rodney and John take out a puddlejumper, and suddenly (!) ANOTHER puddlejumper comes up on the HUD.

IT'S CARSON! And he says "Aye, it's really me, lads. I've been t'earth and I'm gun tae take us all there."

Don't you see? Carson's the last of the final five cylons.
    McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned an Alternate Beckett (From an alternate universe ) or even Time Travel (The Team could go back in time, and somehow bring him in there, although it's unlikely)

www.oriclan.tk

Comment

Originally posted by Hallowed View Post
        I'm surprised nobody has mentioned an Alternate Beckett (From an alternate universe ) or even Time Travel (The Team could go back in time, and somehow bring him in there, although it's unlikely)

It hasn't been mentioned because JM explicitly said that neither would be the case.
        McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
          It hasn't been mentioned because JM explicitly said that neither would be the case.
          Did he? Crap I should read the news! Well, I'm stomped as to how he could come back. I'm fairly certain that explosion killed him

www.oriclan.tk

Comment

The only possible option how they can bring Carson back in real flesh and blood form is to use Sarcophagus or some pretty new reviving device they find in Atlantis! If, of course, its not a memory or an AU or Time travelling stuff...

Either way I doubt its gonna be the Asuran way ...

I love both, Sam and Elizabeth. I'm just looking forward for the fourth season.
            IT'S GONNA BE HUGE!

Comment

lol I don't think there is enough of him left to put him in a sarcoughagus! He was blown up and now he's buried - so I think that idea is out the window.

www.oriclan.tk

Comment

Michael stole a sample of Carson's DNA back when holding him prisoner in Misbegotten. At the same time he uses human DNA to create his superbugs in Vengeance, he creates a wraith using Carson's DNA. The team then captures Carson-wraith and uses the retrovirus to make him human again.

Still doesn't solve the problem of not having Carson's memories, though. Damn.

Thanks to blingaway for the shiny new siggie!

Comment

Originally posted by Flibble View Post
                  He will return as a replicator!
                  a cylon

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post

How about Rodney wakes up and hears the shower running - when he goes to check its Carson. Rodney then realises that Carson's death was all a dream brought on by spicy food before bed...
                    So are we to imagine them having an intimate relationship then? People usually don't shower at friend's homes. lol. Anyway, that would Retcon the latter half of S3, and since they did want to demote Wier, and leave Lantea.....
                    Does no one remember Dallas anymore?

When they decided they wanted Bobby back, after having him run down by a car the previous season, they had his wive wake up and hear someone in the shower, when she went to investigate she found Bobby taking a shower...
                    the entire last season had all been a dream!

(Plus you know Carson shower could be broken and he used Rodneys)
                    Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 11 April 2007, 02:48 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

for all those who have seen season 3 think of the episode "the tao of rodney" now think what wier said to him after he realised he was going to die.
                      it's bin done in sg-1 already.

Spoiler:
                      I think that he ascended, for a few reasons, the first one is that
                      it's the only way to explain how he was talking to rodney at the end of the episode. two if he's coming back as flesh and blood, this would also be one of the only ways. and they've already done it once in sg-1. makes sense? i think so.

Comment

Has anyone considered the possibilty that Carson's(in whatever form it/he is) return may be linked to the 3rd series, 'Universe.' If thats gonna be alt universes or dimensions, or time travel, it makes Beckett's return all that more plausible........if its linked that is!!!!

Comment

That explosion was a very powerful one and any body found would of likely of been chared to a crisp by the times the flames went out. Kidnappers could of, if they had the techonoloy levels, beamed Carson out at the last second and beamed in a dead body who was the same age, race height as Carson so they would think he was dead.

Suspects:

1. Micheal. Had the motivation. A wraith dart would of enabled him to do the beaming process. Carson would of been huge help to him creating his army of bug-people.

2. The Asurens. Had the techonoloy. Carson could of been help to them with the process of replicating and such.

3. We know in season 4 that a race of space-faring people is going to kidnap John Sheppard because of his Ancient gene. This might set up Carson's coming back. We will have to see this episode whenever it airs in the first half of Season 4, but right now my gut feelings is that these people will at least have some connections to Carson, if not being the ones who acturally kidnapped him and have been holding him prisoner.

If theory 3 is correct I would love to see a small clue to Carson having been on the ship, like a scratched symbol on the wall or something like that.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFighter View Post
                            for all those who have seen season 3 think of the episode "the tao of rodney" now think what wier said to him after he realised he was going to die.
                            it's bin done in sg-1 already.

Spoiler:
                            I think that he ascended, for a few reasons, the first one is that
                            it's the only way to explain how he was talking to rodney at the end of the episode. two if he's coming back as flesh and blood, this would also be one of the only ways. and they've already done it once in sg-1. makes sense? i think so.
                            Spoiler:
                            But Carson isn't physically capable of ascension, theonly way he could ascend is if an ascended being had helped him.

Comment

We'll get our beloved Carson Beckett back!

*chants: Proud and defiant; we'll slay the giant... (Newsies)*

Well, I love speculating on Carson's return, especially since I haven't seen any eps of season three yet. Therefore my guesses are purely sparked by spoilers written here in the forums. THAT'S FUN!

I think it really has something to do with Michael and 'Vengeance'... (I know that's been discussed before and this is a season four thread but I put in spoiler tags just to be on the save side)

Spoiler:
                              that the team might discover that for one reason or another they didn't rescue the right Beckett in 'Misbegotten', therefore Carson didn't really die in 'Sunday' but was still a prisoner of 'his creation' and Michael forced Beckett to help him with the little army of his. Now when Michael returns they find out the true Carson had to endure captivity for almost two years and they are beside themselves, beating themselves up for not knowing, for not noticing. This would also explain why Michael all of a sudden was capable of genetic experiments. I mean the knowledge had to come from somewhere. Come on, the line 'Must have been a Wraith scientist' was awful and dumb beyond belief! And this would give TPTB the opportunity to at last show some sort of repercussion for that storyline. Something that had been dearly lacking after 'Misbegotten'. That they neglected showing the repercussions of Sheppard's encounter with the Wraith in 'Common Ground' was sad but somehow in character, for John would certainly hide how he feels about such a traumatic experience. But Beckett is not a soldier and I think the experience affected him a lot, even if he tried to hide that. And perhaps Carson is less than thrilled to be ‘utterly forgotten’ by his friends. I don’t mean the way they handled (or not handled) Beckett’s untimely demise but the fact that his friends didn’t realize the Carson they rescued in ‘Misbegotten’ wasn’t him, and they left him with Michael for such an extended period of time.

That's about my 2 cents’ worth.
                              twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
                              sigpic

Comment

Ok lets eliminate the ones that are definately not possible..

He cant come back as a time traveller.
                                He cant be from an alternative universe
                                He cant b a replicator/robot/hologram/dream/ascended being
                                He cant be revived from the dead (He was blown to bits months ago. Meaning he is nothin but a charred, buried and probably partially decomposed corpse by now).

JM said specifically it would be Carson "in the flesh".

This leads me to believe either he was cloned earlier in the season like O'Neill was on SG1, but actually reached full maturity and didnt know he was a clone..(the original being kept prisoner/guest by the cloner)..or perhaps replaced by someone else (replicarson anyone?) and it was the copy that died..

Other than that I cant think how it's possible to bring back the REAL, FLESH AND BLOOD Carson Beckett back to the show... Especially if he's only back for 2 or 3 episodes!

Comment

Working...
                                X