This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Incredibly unlikely but...
    They could use the Chrono Trigger method. Travel back in time and replace the person you want to save with a copy in the instant before they die. Then return with the person to your proper time.

This way you sidestep the grandfather paradox (If you killed your grandfather, you'd cease to exist, then who killed your grandfather). In this case, at the end of the day, as far as you are/were concerned the person still died in the past and you had the reason to travel back and save them.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
      Incredibly unlikely but...
      They could use the Chrono Trigger method. Travel back in time and replace the person you want to save with a copy in the instant before they die. Then return with the person to your proper time.

This way you sidestep the grandfather paradox (If you killed your grandfather, you'd cease to exist, then who killed your grandfather). In this case, at the end of the day, as far as you are/were concerned the person still died in the past and you had the reason to travel back and save them.
      Good idea, but unfortunately, Joseph Mallozzi said in his blog that neither Beckett would return with the help of AU nor time-traver. (is this how you spell "time-travel" or is it just "timetravel"?)
      Last edited by Vespasianus; 13 April 2007, 11:23 PM. Reason: grammar
      sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

He said Beckett won't be from the future
        sigpic

Comment

what if it was replicarson who 'died' in season 3? replicators can take any form so it wouldnt be too hard for one to impersonate carson then after the explosion make itself look like it had been burnt. the real carson could be held prisoner somewhere while the replicators get to earth in replicarsons coffin.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
            He said Beckett won't be from the future
            Really? Tricky!
            sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Ah, didn't see that thread. So I'm going to be a lazzy bum and copy paste my own stuff.

Possible solutions:
              1. Beckett has been gibbed, but some machine glued the pieces together and he's back. Not a zombie mind you.
              2. Beckett is from an alternate universe.
              3. Beckett is synthetized, possibly from a lantian machine or stored blueprint inside an asgard beaming core.
              4. Beckett has ascended and lurks around.
              5. Beckett returns to the physical plane, after ascending, like Daniel did twice. Docs fall quite often.
              6. Beckett is a robot.
              7. Beckett is a clone.
              8. Beckett is from the future or the past.
              9. Beckett is a hologram.
              10. Beckett is a flashback.
              11. Beckett is a mind implanted entity (chemical, genetical, mechanical or magical). - Don't ask. Think Scorpius/Baltar.
              12. Beckett is a vision due to the whales' psychic powers, especially Sam. But this makes people's ears bleed. And of course they had to transport them in a water tank crammed into a Klingon ship.
              13. Dallas. The end of season 3 was a dream/nightmare.
              14. Other.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

He comes back as an ascended being

Comment

Originally posted by freddieabbott View Post
                  He comes back as an ascended being
                  Nope, JM said no ascension allowed.

I was hoping they would have him come back as a woman---but Carley Beckett seems unlikely since PM is coming back. I'm with Steve and maybe he comes from the past---but I can't stand that. It sounds like when Scarlet Witch ret-conned Marvel into oblivion!!
                  Click statement above to read article.

Comment

I suppose the team could go back in time, technically that wouldn't be a time travelling Carson, because it would be the team who are time travelling.
                    Last edited by jenks; 16 April 2007, 04:18 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

First of all I want to say that bringing carson back now is pretty crap, because he's supposed to be dead. If they bring him back then it really is true that everything in Sunday was purely for out-of-character reasons, and his death meant nothing. We finally got a hint of real danger and sadness, and then they just bring him back. Having him cloned and then conveniently set up with some memory implant and then having him join atlantis again would also suck, it's way too convenient.

I hope it's something philosophical like in BSG.
                      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

I just posted my answer on "The Doctor is IN" thread. Please be kind and follow the link : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=164

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                          I just posted my answer on "The Doctor is IN" thread. Please be kind and follow the link : http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost....&postcount=164
                          Yeah, we know, we know. I'm a soap freak so you know I was all over who shot JR. Bobby dieing didn't matter to me, because I was JR freak. Of course I was 8 and watching reruns and I loved him in I Dream of Genie.

In any case, it is seeming to look like that. Which is just as bad as Scarlett Witch's drama in Marvel. But all that is neither here nor there since this is how will they bring him back.

I don't want him to be a dream, because then I'd hate Sunday. I don't want him to come back as ascended because it's too easy. I don't want him coming back from teh past...cause I'm like, "Why?" Lets move to the future.

Well if PM is reprising the role, I'm puting in my vote that he at least comes back in drag as Carley Beckett! That I could handle.

Comment

howabout this line of thinking.. we know that as the ancients evolved they developed powers, such as the ability to heal... why then did they invent the tel'chak device? perhaps some tech in atlantis will revive carson from the dead

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              what if it was replicarson who 'died' in season 3? replicators can take any form so it wouldnt be too hard for one to impersonate carson then after the explosion make itself look like it had been burnt. the real carson could be held prisoner somewhere while the replicators get to earth in replicarsons coffin.
                              I can see them taking that route however it wouldnt make sense as replicators can't die without the ARG. It's most likely was the real Carson that died, so I am quite currious to the route they take.
                              Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                              "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                              Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
                                howabout this line of thinking.. we know that as the ancients evolved they developed powers, such as the ability to heal... why then did they invent the tel'chak device? perhaps some tech in atlantis will revive carson from the dead
                                yeah, it's been mentioned. I came up with the argument of the soul. No matter what it won't be the same Carson, or I don't think it will be. What's worse is that if he is the same, I'll find it as disturbing as if he wasn't the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X