This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WannaBeAWhumper View Post
    Michael stole a sample of Carson's DNA back when holding him prisoner in Misbegotten. At the same time he uses human DNA to create his superbugs in Vengeance, he creates a wraith using Carson's DNA. The team then captures Carson-wraith and uses the retrovirus to make him human again.

Still doesn't solve the problem of not having Carson's memories, though. Damn.
    Nor will it solve the "he maybe carson in form, but will not be a doctor in function' problem.

well he is in the city of the ancients preaty good guess to think there might be one hanging around... after all they did help the entire people's of abydos to ascend
    Welll tht was done by ONE ascended person (oma), and she/daniel had already been there a while training/prepping them for it..

"Umm, terribly sorry folks; your loved one wasn't blown to kingdom come by an exploding bunch of cancer cells but was uploaded into this handy USB stick. Ta-ra for now!"
    That would truely make me not like atlantis... If their only way to bring him back is to go outlandish on us, i would rather him stay gone..

Comment

Originally posted by Arica12 View Post
      Spoiler:
      I mean seriously, did anyone else buy the whole accidentally shooting a drone off routine; no one was able to make the chair work (apart from O'Neill who is part ancient, was an ancient for a day I believe? - My Sg-1 knowledge isn't that great) until Beckett sits down and suddenly there's artillery going off? Okay, maybe not out of the question but when you consider it was shot at a helicopter carrying O'Neill (someone who I would imagine many ancients would like to shoot a drone at.....it makes you think. They gave their hand away in the first blooming episode, Beckett is an ancient. One who likes practical jokes - and that bit definitely explains the exploding tumour!

I thought the chair was definitly responding to Beckett'd emotions at the time (he is a very emotional character) he was feeling both angry and hunted because McKay wouldn't leave him alone, and when the chair detected the incoming aircraft it launced a drone because Beckett was feeling defensive (the chair misinterpreted his feelings and tought the outpost was being threatened)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
        I thought the chair was definitly responding to Beckett'd emotions at the time (he is a very emotional character) he was feeling both angry and hunted because McKay wouldn't leave him alone, and when the chair detected the incoming aircraft it launced a drone because Beckett was feeling defensive (the chair misinterpreted his feelings and tought the outpost was being threatened)
        Agreed. If he was an ancient he would have been able to control it better like Sheppard was.
        Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
        "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
        Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
          That's why it says "*SPOILERS*" in the title. And in the Forum Help Thread, it says that casting changes aren't spoilers since it's public news.
          not to mention this is season 4, so EVERYTHING is considered spoilers if episodes have been shown in certain places and not in others.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffles View Post
            In Tao of Rodney, Carson states that he keeps a sample of everyone's DNA/blood. That's how they saved Rodney. The machine restored Rodney back to his original form. The closest I can get (and tech is NOT my forte) is Rodney figuring out how to modify the machine to use Carson's DNA to "remake" him. Perhaps he doesn't have his memories. Maybe he'll be sent back to Earth for therapy or something since he can't remember anything.
            I like your idea, Ruffles. But why should they send him back to Earth because he doesn't have any memories? (I mean besides getting rid of him again?)
            They could still keep him on Atlantis. There would be no immediate need for him to return to Earth. At least for some time his friends could try to bring his memory up-to-date there.

You know, as much as I'd love to get our 'former' Beckett back, I think the idea of having him be changed a bit is very intrieguing. I want him to be still sweet and caring but I also would like to see him be a little different than he used to be. There are millions of storylines that could revolve around that matter. Especially him desperately trying to again fit into Atlantis, resume his friendships with everybody and act as they expect him to although it's not what he really feels. Then, it would be great to see how the other characters deal with someone they seem to know, who looks like their 'old' Carson but obviously is not. Can they accept the change? Or will this ruin a good deal of their friendship?
            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
              I like your idea, Ruffles. But why should they send him back to Earth because he doesn't have any memories? (I mean besides getting rid of him again?)
              They could still keep him on Atlantis. There would be no immediate need for him to return to Earth. At least for some time his friends could try to bring his memory up-to-date there.
              I was thinking along the lines of why he wouldn't stay after returning since he will only be in 3 of the last 10 eps. Since he would have to relearn EVERYTHING, perhaps being around his family would help. Not to mention the medical and psychiatric help he would need.

From today's JM blog:

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is 2 episodes the max possible available for Paul/Carson […]?
              - How late is 'late in season 4'? - You said we get THE Carson back, but will what happened to the character effect/change him in any way? - Will we FINALLY get to see any personal repurcussions for the character's ethical flaws in reguards to the retrovirus? - And seeing as SCB like challenges, what would it take to secure Carson back fulltime in S5?”

Answers: It’s looking like three episodes now. Not sure when they will air - one a little after the mid-season two-parter, the next two not that much later. There may be repercussions of his time away and the circumstances of his return. As for season 5 - we’re not even thinking ahead that far.
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

After reading the article on Dr. Beckett's return in the fourth season, I noticed how the producers said that the way he is being brought back was seen in season three. What does everyone think it will be that brings him back?

What I think is
                Spoiler:
                that it will be the DNA manipulation machine in the "Tao of Rodney," because if they have original DNA it can restore the person to the way they were before.

Any Other Ideas?

: Green is Good.
                sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Happenstance View Post
                  I love that book, should have been made into a movie!
                  Nah, it didn't follow canon, but it wouldn't take all that much to adapt it I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post
                    After reading the article on Dr. Beckett's return in the fourth season, I noticed how the producers said that the way he is being brought back was seen in season three. What does everyone think it will be that brings him back?

What I think is
                    Spoiler:
                    that it will be the DNA manipulation machine in the "Tao of Rodney," because if they have original DNA it can restore the person to the way they were before.

Any Other Ideas?
                    But they still had a full rodney to use, along with samples of his old dna... Since they sent carson's body back, and it has been a while, i doubt it would work for him..

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post

You know, as much as I'd love to get our 'former' Beckett back, I think the idea of having him be changed a bit is very intrieguing. I want him to be still sweet and caring but I also would like to see him be a little different than he used to be. There are millions of storylines that could revolve around that matter. Especially him desperately trying to again fit into Atlantis, resume his friendships with everybody and act as they expect him to although it's not what he really feels. Then, it would be great to see how the other characters deal with someone they seem to know, who looks like their 'old' Carson but obviously is not. Can they accept the change? Or will this ruin a good deal of their friendship?
                      I really, really wanted them to bring in an AU Carson, so the writers would have an excuse to write him edgier.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap116 View Post

What I think is
                        Spoiler:

Any Other Ideas?
                        What about Mckay Mrs. Miller EP308, but then the other way around and Mckay finds becket on the other side and brings him back. I think the DNA manipulation is more likely, but it would be interresting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bacardi View Post
                          Ok lets eliminate the ones that are definately not possible..

He cant come back as a time traveller.
                          He cant be from an alternative universe

JM said specifically it would be Carson "in the flesh".
                          Well, JM didn't say that no one time travelled, only that it wasn't a time-travelling Carson. So maybe someone else discovers a way to time travel, and undoes the past so that Carson doesn't get exploded. It would meet all Mallozi's criteria, at least technically. But the only problem is that none of them would remember that Carson had been dead because he wouldn't have been.

Oh this makes my head hurt.

Comment

the best theory is this lets put it into martins word from the sg-1 episode '200'

Spoiler:
                            when the cancer bomb exploded he was beamed out at the last second.

sheppard then says:"wow, that was great timing. That way the audience knows I intended for it to be convenient, and we move on.

(i got that from a transcrpt LOL)
                            sigpic

Comment

how about the Daedalus beamed him out at the very last second, and have had him in the infirmary where they have been treating his 3rd (or 1st, whichever is worse) degree burns that cover 100% of his body whilst he has been in a coma. they didnt want to give false hope to everyone else (an IOA decision) so they didnt tell anyone

or

after Rodney told Beckett how to save him in "Tao of Rodney" they decided to take DNA samples of everyone and stored them in the machine and after a while (the ep he comes back) they find an option to use it like a sarcophagus

sorry if somebodies mentioned these before, but theres too many posts to read and im about to go to bed

what you think?

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                                how about the Daedalus beamed him out at the very last second, and have had him in the infirmary where they have been treating his 3rd (or 1st, whichever is worse) degree burns that cover 100% of his body whilst he has been in a coma. they didnt want to give false hope to everyone else (an IOA decision) so they didnt tell anyone

or

after Rodney told Beckett how to save him in "Tao of Rodney" they decided to take DNA samples of everyone and stored them in the machine and after a while (the ep he comes back) they find an option to use it like a sarcophagus

sorry if somebodies mentioned these before, but theres too many posts to read and im about to go to bed

what you think?
                                It'd be first degree burns and that would be way to convient considering the funeral. I bet that they have DNA samples from every senior member at least, so that the DNA machine is possible, or possibly an experiment by Michael.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X