Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with those who say it's releated to Michael. They have some pretty hefty history so I don't doubt they will explore this avenue. I am glad they are bringing him back so I can't wait. I have faith that TPTB will do this well.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
      I agree with those who say it's releated to Michael. They have some pretty hefty history so I don't doubt they will explore this avenue. I am glad they are bringing him back so I can't wait. I have faith that TPTB will do this well.
      I too have faith that TPTB will do Carson's return well. Only time will tell if I'm right though. For now though, I choose to be optimistic about this.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I'm hoping his return answers some questions related to Michael. For starters the fact Michael seemed to go out of his way not to mention Beckett by name in 'Vengence' would make much more sense and go a little way to making up for how pissed we were over the apparently sweeping under the carpet of the character. It's also got fantastic potential for some seriously juicy angst, whump and damn good drama.

TBH I dont mind how they bring him back (well besides AU or Time Travel) as long as its OUR Carson, in the flesh and relatively intact. After all there are no original storylines, its how they spin/play it that will determine if its good or bad. I have absolutely no doubt in Paul McGillion's acting skills for handling whatever he's given with the usual kick ass portrayal...I'm sure it'll be an emotional ride!

Comment

More good news:

Anonymous #2 writes: “Is 2 episodes the max possible available for Paul/Carson […]?

- How late is 'late in season 4'? - You said we get THE Carson back, but will what happened to the character effect/change him in any way? - Will we FINALLY get to see any personal repurcussions for the character's ethical flaws in reguards to the retrovirus? - And seeing as SCB like challenges, what would it take to secure Carson back fulltime in S5?”

Answers: It’s looking like three episodes now. Not sure when they will air - one a little after the mid-season two-parter, the next two not that much later. There may be repercussions of his time away and the circumstances of his return. As for season 5 - we’re not even thinking ahead that far.

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post
            I'm hoping his return answers some questions related to Michael. For starters the fact Michael seemed to go out of his way not to mention Beckett by name in 'Vengence' would make much more sense and go a little way to making up for how pissed we were over the apparently sweeping under the carpet of the character. It's also got fantastic potential for some seriously juicy angst, whump and damn good drama.

TBH I dont mind how they bring him back (well besides AU or Time Travel) as long as its OUR Carson, in the flesh and relatively intact. After all there are no original storylines, its how they spin/play it that will determine if its good or bad. I have absolutely no doubt in Paul McGillion's acting skills for handling whatever he's given with the usual kick ass portrayal...I'm sure it'll be an emotional ride!
            I really like that part of your post, TJuk. And I'm also pretty sure Paul McGillion could give us one hell of a performance if he was allowed to do it!

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
            More good news:
            Thanks for posting this bit, PG15. *Very* interesting.
            I really hope we can convince them to never let Carson go ever again. *hopes beyond hope*
            twinchaosblade .......................... ...... ...... ..........................Homepage and FanFic
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by twinchaosblade View Post
              I really like that part of your post, TJuk. And I'm also pretty sure Paul McGillion could give us one hell of a performance if he was allowed to do it!

Thanks for posting this bit, PG15. *Very* interesting.
              I really hope we can convince them to never let Carson go ever again. *hopes beyond hope*
              It'd be very nice if he's back full time in season 5. *crosses fingers*

Comment

Originally posted by TJuk View Post

I'm sure it will i can't wait. Lets just hope he's back in season 5 full time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                  ^ thats entirely possible! Didnt they same somewhere that the asurans were part organic. They're not like the MW replicators who are fully inorganic, they actually have organic cells, or something (biology was never a strong suit, lol)

Anyways....congrats to the save carson campaign for achieving what they set out to do!
                  No, cause if they weer part flesh, then the ones we hit with the disruptor (in the return pt 2) wouuld have left piles of flesh around..

Maybe something happened like An ancient security program, which detected the explosion going to towards him and beam him out or put him into a form of stasis.
                  But if that program existed, why did it not do the same for any of the other mirad explosions we have had, like in the siege pt3, or first strike??

Difference - Heroes was brilliant and a tribute to the men and women of the SGC

Sunday was a cheap rip off or homage to Grey's Anatomy, and Grey's Anatomy did it a lot better
                  I disagree there was a difference... Both were deaths of docs...

CARSON. I’m pretty sure this must be how Carson returns, he was cloned by Michael , or maybe the Carson we had wasn’t the original.
                  It's one thing to clone the body, but another to do a full memory tranferal/copy over...That is the only thing i see wrong with it being michael who did it..

Maybe they used his blood sample and were able to recreate him, using the DNA, the same way Rodney reversed the ascension machine.
                  That would have imo created a body, not the mind..

He died for a season, and then came back, and that worked well. It left open a few doors to resolve in other episodes, such as Orpheus, Chimera, and Threads.
                  The difference there, is that daniel's physical body died and his soul ascended with Oma's help... so technically he was not truely dead..

Eventually the team would capture him and either use the retrovirus to make him human again, or the ToR machine to revert to his original DNA.
                  Presto! Carson is back in flesh and blood.
                  As mentioned above, the big problem there, is you are only copying the body, not the mind or memories etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                    The tumor never really exploded. The cause of the explosions was Loki, the Asgard. He had been monitoring Atlantis for some time (in a cloaked Asgard Vessel), and saw Carson carrying the explosive tumor as the perfect opportunity to snag him.

Although Carson doesn't have the ATA Gene at the same levels as Colonel O'Neill, Thor never put the cypher preventing cloning in Beckett's DNA. Loki has taken it upon himself to bring back his fallen race, and during Atlantis S3.5-4.0 Carson has been helping him.

Being the Tau'ri's greatest doctor, and possessing the ATA gene, Carson has been very helpful. He hasn't contacted Atlantis because he's basically a prisoner.
                    That would be ever so cheap.

Comment

Carson accidentally stumbled into the Ancient device that let you ascend and he just happened to have ascended right before the tumor went off. Now this would be a bit cheap but somewhat plausable (particularly if they just claimed that Carson also picked up some knowledge about how to ascend when McKay passed on those info right at the end of the episode).
                      I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Ok, not totally on-topic but most who frequent this thread will probably be interested:

The Save Carson Beckett Campaign is very pleased to announce a new message from Paul McGillion!!!

Head over to www.savecarsonbeckett.com to read!!!

sigpic
                        www.savecarsonbeckett.com
                        Visit My Flickr!!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                          Carson accidentally stumbled into the Ancient device that let you ascend and he just happened to have ascended right before the tumor went off. Now this would be a bit cheap but somewhat plausable (particularly if they just claimed that Carson also picked up some knowledge about how to ascend when McKay passed on those info right at the end of the episode).
                          I think ascension is likely but not plausible. More likely something to do with the DNA machine or Michael.

Comment

I think ascension is likely but not plausible. More likely something to do with the DNA machine or Michael.
                            Yeah s much as ascension is possible its more than likely (IMO) Michael fohow quickly he has been able to adapt our technology with the wraiths amost as if he had some help? So may of only a clone or summthin when we saw him die.
                            IMHO
                            sigpic
                            Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Please tell me there is someone in here who remembers the name of Bobby Ewing ???? For those who don't :
                              Spoiler:

Kids, met Bobby Ewing from "Dallas". Long before the Internet he died in the show, he had a moving funeral, his widow moved on, we fans cursed the producers and Patrick Duffy ( the guy who played Bobby ) and then A YEAR LATER Bobby came back !!! One fine day his widow just woke up and she found her beloved ( and very dead ) husband taking a shower !!! No explanation, no nothing. Did she dream all the stuff that happened since Bobby's "death" ??? Go figure...

TPTB have already pulled a "Spock" in bringing Dr. Beckett back. Are they pulling a "Bobby Ewing" as well ? Anyway :

WELCOME BACK DOCTOR CARSON
                              Last edited by Caldwell's 2IC; 16 April 2007, 09:59 AM. Reason: grammar, my dears.

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post

Please tell me there is someone in here who remembers the name of Bobby Ewing ???? For those who don't :
                                Spoiler:

Kids, met Bobby Ewing from "Dallas". Long before the Internet he died in the show, he had a moving funeral, his widow moved on, we fans cursed the producers and Patrick Duffy ( the guy who played Bobby ) and then A YEAR LATER Bobby came back !!! One fine they his widow just woke up and she found her beloved ( and very dead ) husband taking a shower !!! No explanation, no nothing. Did she dream all the stuff that happened since Bobby's "death" ??? Go figure...

TPTB have already pulled a "Spock" in bringing Dr. Beckett back. Are they pulling a "Bobby Ewing" as well ? Anyway :

WELCOME BACK DOCTOR CARSON

I certainly do remember Bobby Ewing. That was one way to dream away an entire season. That must of been some pretty heavy stuff that poor Pam was smoking. Even Newhart got into the act . . . but that was due to bad sushi. LOL. Spock was regenerated on the Genesis planet and even Mulder was dead (and buried), but made an amazing comeback thanks to the paranormal. The possibilities are endless. Disbelief . . . prepare to be suspended.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X