X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
    I'm in complete agreement.

the Asurans have to be the most ridiculous enemy ever, they have no purpose no spirit and no potential.
    even the old block replicators were more interesting, I mean at least they had a purpose.
    but the most boring thing about the Asurans is they have the same technology appearance and culture as the Lantians.

so after three seasons we still have a galaxy with only three types of technology (Lantian/Wraith/Tauri) and only three types of cultures (Lantian/Wraith/Medieval village).

I have to admit in the first season I was very intrigued about that mysterious nanovirus race, but not in a million years did I expect it to turn out so badly.
    One word. BORING. To have a villian who shows no spark of passion in eradicating the enemy (Atlanteans) is just boring. Crap, even giant ants attacking people is scarier! No, Asurans are like being attacked by a bunch of mannequins. They don't show anger, joy, zip. I mean, at least the wraith have a good reason for killing people - FOOD!

The Asurans are like, yes, we want to eradicate the people who created and abandoned us,a nd oh yeah, because we're technically immortal, we can drag our feet and take years to launch an attack, yawn. (yes, said with heavy sarcasm).

I'd love to know what the writers find so fascinating about them.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      One word. BORING. To have a villian who shows no spark of passion in eradicating the enemy (Atlanteans) is just boring. Crap, even giant ants attacking people is scarier! No, Asurans are like being attacked by a bunch of mannequins. They don't show anger, joy, zip. I mean, at least the wraith have a good reason for killing people - FOOD!
      LOL
      you're right. being attacked by the Asurans is like being attacked by a bunch of lawyers
      at least the bug replicators made those cute mechanical sounds and went frenzy when you messed with them, but the asurans won't even raise an eyebrow.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
        The Asurans are replicators (sorry, they are, to those that scream NO! but if the writers and producers call 'em that, if anti-replicator guns dismantle them, they're replicators). They ARE boring villians, inasmuch as the Ori are as well. There's no passion with these villians, which makes them dull. No, please get back to the wraith.

I'm tired of SG1 villiains/plots being dumped on SGA.
        yep exactly...the wraith should be the main enemy (espesh with eps like michael and CG bringing more dimensions to them!), or come up with something more original! the asurans/replicators...been there done that destroyed them all!! hoping for more wraith in season 4 which from the spoilers looks promising!!

also progeny the ep that introduced them, was pretty much the same script as the ep that introdcued the human reps in season 6 in sg1!!
        i mean rehashing an old enemy is bad enough but using pretty much the same script....yikes...made me dislike them already!!
        at least in First strike, they were responsible for what happened but they werent in it for long!!
        hurry up and make the big Anti replicator whatsit i say, get rid of them all!!!

SIG BY MY SISTER OBSESSED1! WHEN SHEP GOES WHUMP I GO THUNK! My LJ

Comment

i hate replicators... they are like a writers cop-out... hated them when they all of a sudden became part of season 6's unnatural selection and cringed when rodey said "omg they're replicators" in progeny... why cant they just be dead!
          ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

I wouldn't say the replicators 'Bug form' were a bad enemy - there existance seemed more logical, however the Asurans are just...........erm..........sad
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
            President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
            VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

I liked the bug form replicators, although probably not if they'd been used as a main enemy. I hated the human form replicators though, and these are just more of that.

Although I have to say, I didn't mind RepliCarter. Mainly because she wiped out all the other human form replicators and was just kind of the queen of the bug replicators. That was cool.
              - Life after Stargate -
              Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
              Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
              sigpic

Comment

The bug replicators were ok but, I agree, not as a main enemy. A main enemy requires a depth of character that you can't really get with an emotionless swarm of identical bugs who only eat things and multiply.

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                  The bug replicators were ok but, I agree, not as a main enemy. A main enemy requires a depth of character that you can't really get with an emotionless swarm of identical bugs who only eat things and multiply.
                  Lol spot on.

Comment

Arrghhh! After rewatching Return 2, can I say again how very very much I HATE the Asurans! They are such a stiff, boring, enemy! Please please minimize the Asuran stories in Season 4!

Sorry, just needed to vent that. I haven't had the courage to rewatch Progeny yet. I didn't like it much the last time...
                    - Life after Stargate -
                    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                    sigpic

Comment

Every time the writers find another way to use regular humans as aliens I die a little inside.

Comment

The big problem with races like Asurans & Ori is that they are only a two-dimensional enemy!

1 is bland threats, surrender your worship to us or die.
                        2 is bland robots. Which perhaps may have had more value if not already done in SG-1. Heck it was only S8 where they were taken out. So far, far too recent to be bringing them back anywhere!

The only good thing about them is the fact that they are probably the most powerful race that's been encountered so far. Therefore should be the hardest to defeat. The only appealing thing about them is finding out the extent of their technological capabilities. Although in order to find that out, you have to watch thesem actors give robot performances. If they really wanted to bring in a new enemy, they should have gone for the non-human look. Perhaps a race that is Alien, who were in Pegasus first. Lanteans settled unwittingly, they decided to attack. Ancients fought back & drove them out of the galaxy. They returned millions of years later, created the Wraith to wipe out the Ancients. As a side effect, they made them feed on humans to empty the galaxy once again. After which, they created the virus to target anything with human DNA. Which would allow them to kill off the Wraith & all the humans of the galaxy. Everything was going to plan until the humans came to Atlantis. So they came in person to finish it all once & for all themselves.

The Wraith originally were actually pretty scary & intimidating. Sadly though they're now more jokey space vampires than anything else!

We hear this is a race that defeated the Ancients. Yet humans with no real advanced tech have taken out a whole heap of Hive ships in a very short amount of time. Imagine what they could have done had they the ability to create energy weapons, drones & a good power source.

So more than anything else, they need to adjust the way they are writing the Wraith to give them back the uber dangerous enemy feel about them again.

The only real way I feel they can salvage the show (especially for the long term) is to create a war arc. Have the Atlantis team finish the Asgard Sat Weapon. They go & deploy it over the planet. It works & we see around half the population or whatever get disintegrated by the blast wave. Suddenly they launch Drones or whatever at the 304. It is forced to flee rather than risk being destroyed. They come back a few hours later for a final attack. Only this time, the Asurans done scans & all the rest of the initial attack. They have adapted their shields to block the blast wave. The 304 realises something is wrong & is about to jump into HS before a huge warship decloaks behind it & launches an energy beam that cuts right through the 304 like butter. They are linked to Atlantis via comms. Who get the dreaded news before the ship is whacked out.

They realise they are in serious trouble now, the Asurans are on the war path, they send out a broadcast galaxy wide on an Ancient frequency that informs them that Earth is gonna be enslvaded & made to suffer horribly for what transpired earlier today. Then it shows an image of the ships sitting on the surface preparing for the trip to Earth.

The only options is to involve the Wraith. So they devise a plan to have a 304 attack a Wraith Hive. It goes to the Hive, opens the hangar bay door & fired a crapload Drones from a few parked PJ's sitting in the hangar. Send them a message taunting them with the fact that the Ancients are about to finally wipe them out once & for all. Send them details of the location of Asuras with pics of the huge city so they know what is there. Say that's where you are headed & they should follow if they dare or whatever. They send a ship or 2. The Asurans launch an attack, destroy the Wraith ships. Who signal the others that it's true before being destroyed. They all band together & go attack the Asurans. This sets out a war arc that they run with over the coming couple of seasons. After which when Sci-Fi eventually pull the plug on the show, they have everything set in motion for a barnstorming finale that they can end on a 2/3hr movie.

Much better that have the Wraith appear in few eps, the Asurans in another few eps. Sci-Fi pull the plug & it turns out nothing is really known about the enemies at all. So they are forced to try & wipe each one out in a single movie.

Look at the Ori for a perfect example of this, a season building them up, a season full of standalones. They don't show an Ori, Doci or whoever. Go with the events of 'The Shroud'. Then will suddenly end them in a single movie. Perhaps if they do a war arc, they can at least make the most out of a 2d robot enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by Wraith_Boy View Post
                          The big problem with races like Asurans & Ori is that they are only a two-dimensional enemy!

1 is bland threats, surrender your worship to us or die.
                          2 is bland robots. Which perhaps may have had more value if not already done in SG-1. Heck it was only S8 where they were taken out. So far, far too recent to be bringing them back anywhere!.
                          Uh yup They're one-dimensional (I can't give them two dimensions, sorry)

Where's the passion? The emotions?

Comment

I guess you don't like Vulcan either, eh?

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I dont Lol

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                                That's not even comparable!
                                - Life after Stargate -
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X