Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Weir and Carter free zone (Season 4 discussion without that arguement)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
    We don't talk about that here. No Weir/Carter mentions, let alone their fans. There's enough drama along those lines in any of the other threads on this forum.
    So true. And yay to Steve for starting this thread!! Best thread idea I've seen since the Jensen Ackles Thunk Thread . (So I'm shallow....*shrugs*). I've put the thread on my watch list and will be stopping by often! *waves*
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=vaberella;6536841]

Ooh, I did ask JM about the Wraith a while back
      Spoiler:
      we'll be finding out more information on wraith biology. I had asked specifically about Wraith children.
      Ooo I can't wait!
      Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
      "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
      Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by vaberella View Post
        Ooh, I did ask JM about the Wraith a while back
        Spoiler:
        we'll be finding out more information on wraith biology. I had asked specifically about Wraith children.
        Awesome - I've been very curious. I think the Wraith are a very interesting enemy. Common Ground helped to add a new level of complexity to them. I'm looking forward to seeing them build on that.
        - Life after Stargate -
        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
        sigpic

Comment

I want to see the season concentrate on the current characters more. We've learned lots about McKay, and quite a bit about Ronon.

I want more on Teyla, and huge amounts more background on Sheppard. For instance, what about his parents... are they alive, is John estranged from them, are they dead? In what subject did he get his Masters - it has to be a 'hard science' otherwise he wouldn't have reached the rank of Major.

More scenes showing the stick fighting between Sheppard and Teyla... he must be improving by now maybe even fighting back to back against foes - that would be really something.

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
            Awesome - I've been very curious. I think the Wraith are a very interesting enemy. Common Ground helped to add a new level of complexity to them. I'm looking forward to seeing them build on that.
            I agree. Be nice to see more about Wraith children.

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualegia View Post
              I want to see the season concentrate on the current characters more. We've learned lots about McKay, and quite a bit about Ronon.

I want more on Teyla, and huge amounts more background on Sheppard. For instance, what about his parents... are they alive, is John estranged from them, are they dead? In what subject did he get his Masters - it has to be a 'hard science' otherwise he wouldn't have reached the rank of Major.

More scenes showing the stick fighting between Sheppard and Teyla... he must be improving by now maybe even fighting back to back against foes - that would be really something.
              We will indeed see more of both this season.

Comment

One more thing I would really like to see, is more exploration of the city itself... it's supposed to be huge, I want to see more of it - I'm sure there are lots of things that can go wrong and make a good episode.

Comment

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by Aqualegia

Er, can you point us toward interviews/producer comments that verify that?

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                    Quote:

To be honest I'm not sure about the stick fights but I do know there are going to be more on shepard and teyla.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                      Quote:

Hey Prion ...

Teyla:
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1

Anonymous #1 writes: “How can you base a character arc on Teyla who's been background noise at best for the best part of three seasons?”

Answer: The fact that the character hasn’t had the opportunity to shine is exactly the reason we’re doing it. This arc and episodes focusing on Teyla will allow viewers to get to know the character a little better. Enjoy!
                      Link 2
                      Copernicus writes: “Will you guys be developing new story lines for Teyla, or should we merely expect more stand alone episodes?”

Answer: We’ve got a season-long arc in the works for Teyla.
                      Link 3
                      Vaberella also writes: “Will we see Teyla sparring with John, Ronon, Wraith, or Zelenka?! (…) What does your magical eight ball say about asking Claudia Christian(Commander Ivanova: B5) to guest star in an ep?”

Answer: Teyla will do plenty of sparring in season four. As for Claudia Christian doing a guest spot, Magic 8 Ball says “Cannot predict now.”
                      Link 4
                      Vaberella writes: “I noticed a lot of comparison between the Wraith and Vampires; What do you think of the Wraith and Morlocks from The Time Machine by H.G. Wells, similarity wise?! […]Oh, can you give us some hints on what you have in store for Teyla, if anything?”

Answer: I’ve never considered the similarities between the wraith and the Morlocks, although the similarities between the wraith and the vampires are fairly obvious. As for your second question - I’ve just finished reading an excellent revelatory Teyla script written by Carl Binder. Teyla fans are in for a treat with this one.

Athosians:
                      April-
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1
                      Vaberella writes: “1. Are you a headdesk or a headwall person, JM? 2. Will you ever touch upon why Athos had a sister city-ship and if there are Athosians with the ATA gene? We never did a full tour or check for drones. 3. Any chance of Ms. Luttrell singing this season?”

Answers: 1) I’m a head laptop person. 2. Possibly. 3. So far, no plans.
                      Link 2

Craig MacD writes: “The Athosians (Teyla aside of course) haven't really played a big part in Atlantis since season 1, and I'm curious as to how well they've been faring on the mainland.”

Answer: Actually, the Athosians are no longer on the mainland but have since been moved off-world to a place we’ll call New Athosia. More on the Athosians in season four.

March-
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1
                      Iamza writes: “May I take this to mean that the wraith will also be making more of an appearance in season 4? Also, are there more stories in the works about the Athosians?”

Answer: Yes on both counts.

Sheppard:
                      April-
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1
                      Linzi writes: “Wondering if you had decided on some more backstory for Sheppard yet?”

Answer: Not yet.

^^ Still nothing yet. But they did say they're trying, although he did tell me we may find out about John's dad, so I think there's hope.

March-
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1
                      Vaberella writes: “1) Why did you choose John to be in the Air Force rather than any other military division? 2) Would John's father be in the Air Force too, or another division? Would we find out in S4? You can 8 ball me.”

Answer: 1) Stargate has a long, happy history with the U.S. Air Force and it felt like a natural fit. 2)He would probably be in the Air Force and it’s possible we may find out in season 4.
                      Link 2
                      Elinor writes: “Can we expect a bit more of Sheppard 'pushed to his limits', as it were, in s4?”
                      Answer: Yup.

Feb-
                      Spoiler:
                      Link 1
                      Redtwin writes: “I just watched "First Strike" and loved seeing Shepherd with a much more commanding demeanor very similar to how he was in "the Storm". Will we see more of this side to him in season 4? What are your thoughts on Droste chocolate?”
                      Answer: Re: commanding Sheppard - we’ll see the many sides of John in season 4. Re: Droste chocolates - I’m not familiar with them. Do tell.
                      Link 2
                      Anonymous #6 writes: “I was watching Common Ground again today. There were several comments that Sheppard and the Wraith made about what would happen if their paths ever cross again and all bets being off. Will we will ever get to see an episode where they run into each other again?”

Magic 8 Ball says: Signs point to yes.
                      Link 3
                      Mirjam writes: “Regarding season 4 of SGA, will we get more of Sheppard's backstory?”

Answer: This is something we want to do and are trying to come up with a story that will focus on Sheppard’s life prior to his joining the Atlantis expedition. A number of ideas floating around but nothing has really gelled yet.
                      ^^ During the 14th of Feb.

The sparring answer is up there, I had already asked that question. Oh, I might do this for Ronon, unless someone else gets to it before me. Cause VB, is like super tired!!
                      Click statement above to read article.

Comment

So what do you guys think about the Mckay thing... on JM's blog.. i'm talking about the rodney dying, then AU then i got lost LOL ... something about sentient gorillas...

i wonder what is real an what isnt...

oh and we find out how the wraith reproduce... how do you guys think the do... 'it'... *vomits in corner* eww wraith sex

Comment

I think the whole Rodney dieing thing won't happen - afterall he put it in his April Fool's Joke
                          sigpic

Comment

Do you know what I'd REALLY love to see?

Kolya.

One of my very favorite bad guys of the franchise.

I know...I know. I saw Irresponsible too so I have little reason to hope. But this is science fiction right?

I like the Genii in general...their duplicity makes for great drama.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                              Do you know what I'd REALLY love to see?

Kolya.

One of my very favorite bad guys of the franchise.

I know...I know. I saw Irresponsible too so I have little reason to hope. But this is science fiction right?

I like the Genii in general...their duplicity makes for great drama.
                              While I liked Irresponsible, I do hope they can somehow bring him back.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                                While I liked Irresponsible, I do hope they can somehow bring him back.
                                While I didn't care for that episode, the part about "having little reason to hope" actually didn't have to do with my opinion of the episode, but rather with what happens to Kolya.

It seemed pretty final to me.

But then it is science fiction so, like I said, anything's possible.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Working...
                                X