This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
    Well out of 3 seasons 2 have had Atlantis in direct danger, and the other had a big honking space battle. So im sure its safe to assume it wont be SUNDAY 2, where we see what they do on their OTHER day off.
    Well I doubt it since that wasnt a two parter.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
      Ok so since that question was answered, what would all of you like to see in the mid season 2-parter?
      Whatever it is, I hope it opens up the show to something new. I really, really love space battles, but they don't hold me over a hiatus anymore. The mid-season ep's got to have the potential to change something ... although whether or no the conclusion changes stuff is not the point. The cliffhangar just has to give the impression it could.

It's got to put in jeopardy something that can actually be damaged or destroyed, like a main character's reputation or a favorite recurring character's life. I know the city isn't going to get blown out of space or water or whatever, no matter how big or many the guns that are pointed at it. That's why drawing out a battle doesn't work for me. I love the action but action alone doesn't sustain me. The cliffhangar has to have stuff running under the surface.

Oh, and easy on the rest button, please! Can't we give that button a sabbatical for season 4? That would be great. Wrong thread, sorry, but I'd like for everything that happens in season 4 to have consequences that resonate through arcs. And when the reset button gets back for season 5, I hope it's got a better agent and some really firm "terms and conditions."

Comment

Would be cool to see a Wraith army head to Atlantis & a Wraith army head to the Asuran home world & the Asurans & Atlantis team makes a timed agreement / team up. With Atlantis now having a new leader I would think the Asuran leader would be open to new discussions & giving the new leader has alot more military experience the Asuran leader would hopefully be mature enough to give Carter a chance & they come to a temp agreement until the Wraith & Michaels bug army are destroyed since the Wraith are a threat to both.

Comment

GateWorld lists the official "Written By" screen credit that you'll see on the episode. As a writing team, for the past several years Joe and Paul have primarily written episodes on their own and then sent it over to the other guy for another pass / revisions.

That's why there's an apparent discrepancy. Paul predominantly wrote "The Tower," but after the writing process is done (and, I believe, contractually) they are co-credited for all their episodes.
          GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
          The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
          Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
            Would be cool to see a Wraith army head to Atlantis & a Wraith army head to the Asuran home world & the Asurans & Atlantis team makes a timed agreement / team up. With Atlantis now having a new leader I would think the Asuran leader would be open to new discussions & giving the new leader has alot more military experience the Asuran leader would hopefully be mature enough to give Carter a chance & they come to a temp agreement until the Wraith & Michaels bug army are destroyed since the Wraith are a threat to both.
            I seriously doubt we will team up with the Asurans. More likely, I hope anyway, the Wraith will come to attack and the asurans will come to attack the wraith and us.

Comment

I'd like to see the mid-season break NOT one where once again, the city is under attack. It's been done already! These cliffhangers are a waste of time because by the time the second half starts up, everybody will have forgotten the first half anyway.

I can't say that Joe Mallozzi reportedly writing this episode(s) will be good or bad, unless he rips off another one of his SG1 scripts.... (Sorry, he has a tendency to do that).

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                I'd like to see the mid-season break NOT one where once again, the city is under attack. It's been done already! These cliffhangers are a waste of time because by the time the second half starts up, everybody will have forgotten the first half anyway.

I can't say that Joe Mallozzi reportedly writing this episode(s) will be good or bad, unless he rips off another one of his SG1 scripts.... (Sorry, he has a tendency to do that).
                Well I like those stories but mabey you're correct. Still I have faith for a good ep.

Comment

Well, I asked Joe a few weeks ago about it, asking whether it'll be similar to the others:

Peter writes: “Can you drop any hints with regards to the mid-season 2 parter? It seems to me that most of these 2 parters have something attacking/taking Atlantis (except Lost Boys/Hive). Will this be similar?”

Answer: No hints but I will say that it will be very different from previous mid-season two-parters.
                  So...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Comment

I think they should make more two-partner or three-partner episode in the next season(s). Instict-Conversion, Progeny-The Real World were quite good, so they should give up the season start, mid season two patner, season end cliff-hanger cliche. I would like to see next to the two-partners 3-4 episode long story arcs for every main character.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                      I think they should make more two-partner or three-partner episode in the next season(s). Instict-Conversion, Progeny-The Real World were quite good, so they should give up the season start, mid season two patner, season end cliff-hanger cliche. I would like to see next to the two-partners 3-4 episode long story arcs for every main character.
                      That would tie up too much of the season. They need enough room for primary stories, as well as stand alones.

Comment

^^ from what Ive read on JM's blog there's going to be more arcs. As in themes that run through a series of eps, and less stand alones that have that dreaded reset button. I for one am happy about that!

I have a feeling this cliffhanger will have something to do with the wraith and our new 'Allies'! Dont ask me why, I just have a feeling. Id love to see some type of war thing though!
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

Im hoping that the mid season two-parter will have to do with the war between the wraith and asurans and the atlantean team... oooo some thing bigs gootta happen!!

Comment

Small tidbit on this episode's behind the scenes stuff:

Anonymous #1 writes: “Is this script the one for the first part of the mid-season two-parter? Have you named it yet? Are you going to write the second part of the mid-season two-parter? Or, is Carl Binder writing the second part?”

Answers: Yes. Yes. No. No.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen_J_O'Neill View Post
                              ^^ from what Ive read on JM's blog there's going to be more arcs. As in themes that run through a series of eps, and less stand alones that have that dreaded reset button. I for one am happy about that!

I have a feeling this cliffhanger will have something to do with the wraith and our new 'Allies'! Dont ask me why, I just have a feeling. Id love to see some type of war thing though!
                              Oh me too. I for one am glad that the season will be darker and involve more character related plots.

Comment

Working...
                              X