Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's looking forward to Carter coming to Atlantis and Weir leaving?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronGoliath View Post
    I literally cannot wait until season 4. I'm literally holding the piss as it were because I just wanna watch my favorite show of all time. I sure hope the writers continue writing until the end and keep on making interesting stories.

This just spices and mixes it up. I think Carter might be there until Weir is feeling better I seriously dont think its re-assignment and dont give me the bull about "well if they knocked off mcgillion they'll knock off higginson" because you know what higginson is a major character and mcgillion is not, despite the fact that he is probably the most lively happy cheerful fellow on the show.

Anyways..

ya....

whoa ranted..

Yeah I think the same thing... I think with all the responsibilities Sam has on Earth the assignment on Atlantis is only temporary until Weir is able to return.

Comment

Weir's leaving? I thought she was just going to appear in less episodes.
      spoilers for unending:
      Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by lunapasa View Post
        Weir's leaving? I thought she was just going to appear in less episodes.
        She will be there according to TPTB. Weir will be there in S4 just in less episodes... I think she will be back full time in s5 or later in s4
        Spoiler:
        once she recovers from her injuries or returns from the dark side...
        whatever story line they have for her in s4.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          Because it was all technical stuff, not because he didn't understand what context it was written in. He's still understands the Ancients better than anyone in Atlantis.
          If you don't understand the context, you don't understand the text. It doesn't matter how well you know the language.
          We all learn that in school, btw.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
            She will be there according to TPTB. Weir will be there in S4 just in less episodes... I think she will be back full time in s5 or later in s4
            Spoiler:
            once she recovers from her injuries or returns from the dark side...
            whatever story line they have for her in s4.
            I prefer dark side. Be nice to see Weir go all dark side on us.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              If you don't understand the context, you don't understand the text. It doesn't matter how well you know the language.
              We all learn that in school, btw.
              That's great, but they should of probably taught you what 'context' means first. You do realise that that phrase doesn't work both ways don't you?

Comment

Not me, unfortunately. Don't get me wrong, I love Sam. But just in SG-1, that's where she belongs.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  That's great, but they should of probably taught you what 'context' means first. You do realise that that phrase doesn't work both ways don't you?
                  Mmm...now that you mention it...

Comment

Weir is the single worst diplomat in Stargate history. I mean, how the hell could they have left her in charge for as long as they have as it is? She screws everything up, and she has no idea how to deal with international relations. Out with Weir, and in with Carter! Huzzah.

Comment

Daniel couldn't understand the text because it was laced with Ancient technobabble, but that doesn't make him any less the Ancients expert that he is. It'd be like Sam, who would otherwise understand the technobabble in English, trying to decipher Ancient text.

Just shows how invaluable they both are to the program. Same with Rodney; same with Elizabeth.

Those are the only four main characters from both series that bring credence to the science fiction. The problem is, we haven't seen Elizabeth do a whole lot of translating since she's become leader...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz View Post
                        The problem is, we haven't seen Elizabeth do a whole lot of translating since she's become leader...
                        Of the top of my head... Ancient in Epiphany (season 2), and Wraith in The Gift (season 1).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Of the top of my head... Ancient in Epiphany (season 2), and Wraith in The Gift (season 1).
                          I personally would've liked to see her juggle trying to translate and lead at the same time, or perhaps work with proteges who are masters at the language themselves. It would've provided that other element that would've sealed the deal in regards to her being irreplaceable.

Right now, the only reason I could think that Liz would be irreplaceable is for personal sentimental reasons. I don't want to see her leave that position for good, because that's clearly her life and it's clearly what fulfills her (see TRW and The Return, Part I). She's dedicated to Atlantis and all of the people she commands. However, from a militaristic/political standpoint, sentimental reasons have no place in their decision to take her out of the role.

I just hope that that's addressed, and that they show how devastated Liz is to learn that she either (a) is physically/emotionally unable to resume her duties or (b) is being kept at a distance by the Pentagon, or a combination of both. I think that'd be a great opportunity for further character development.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                            Weir is the single worst diplomat in Stargate history. I mean, how the hell could they have left her in charge for as long as they have as it is? She screws everything up, and she has no idea how to deal with international relations. Out with Weir, and in with Carter! Huzzah.
                            She's made mistakes sure but she is not as bad as you make her out to be.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                              She's made mistakes sure but she is not as bad as you make her out to be.
                              At best, she's an expositionary tool - she's the one who asks Rodney to tell us how screwed Team Atlantis is every episode. Nothing more.

Let's take a look at Atlantis' diplomatic relations, shall we? Let's start by counting our allies... oh, wait, we don't have any of those. Count up our enemies, though...

I think I'll pick an example. Episode 3.20, First Strike. Beware of spoilers, those who have not seen it...

Spoiler:
                              We find out that the Asurans are building a fleet of ships. Not ONCE does it occur to anyone that they may be attempting to construct a fleet to deal with the Wraith. Not once! We just assume they're out to get us. Then after we annhilate half of their planet, we feel fully justified in having done that by means of their retribution, which puts us on the brink of oblivion. And Weir, in her infinite wisdom, doesn't attempt to negotiate with Oberon... she tells him "we've beaten you before, and if you keep this up, we'll have to kick your ass harder next time." What the hell is she doing? For the very least, she got what she had coming to her - she was the first person hurt when Atlantis actually got hit by the beam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia View Post
                                At best, she's an expositionary tool - she's the one who asks Rodney to tell us how screwed Team Atlantis is every episode. Nothing more.

Let's take a look at Atlantis' diplomatic relations, shall we? Let's start by counting our allies... oh, wait, we don't have any of those. Count up our enemies, though...

I think I'll pick an example. Episode 3.20, First Strike. Beware of spoilers, those who have not seen it...

Spoiler:
                                We find out that the Asurans are building a fleet of ships. Not ONCE does it occur to anyone that they may be attempting to construct a fleet to deal with the Wraith. Not once! We just assume they're out to get us. Then after we annhilate half of their planet, we feel fully justified in having done that by means of their retribution, which puts us on the brink of oblivion. And Weir, in her infinite wisdom, doesn't attempt to negotiate with Oberon... she tells him "we've beaten you before, and if you keep this up, we'll have to kick your ass harder next time." What the hell is she doing? For the very least, she got what she had coming to her - she was the first person hurt when Atlantis actually got hit by the beam.
                                Erm... Pardon my denseness, but based on the events of The Return, didn't Liz had just reason to be wary and combative? I would think so anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X