Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will they go back? (First Strike Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    No they wont go back. Also the drilling platform was destroyed they had a cable connecting it to atlantis and when they took off it ripped the station apart, even mckay said to sheppard they would "wreck it" in the episode. I believe mckays words were "oh hell yea" when sheppard asked if they would destroy it.
    That's correct but not about the umbilical causing it. That would only rip out of Atlantis when it took off, which it would be designed to do, a cable could not wreck something the size of a drilling station. The reason it would be wrecked because they turned it up to full power, then evacuated all the staff from it. Nobody would have been on it when Atlantis took off because they would have been left behind. So the station will have been running at full power giving out all this power instantly, which was way quicker than normal. Then there was nobody on the station to regulate the power distribution etc in a safe & efficient manner, so could back it down after Atlantis had been given the boost. With nobody there to back it down & turn it off it would burn itself out, resulting in them runing it.

Sure with enough resources they could repair it as it's not like deep sea drilling is new to the human race. It would be a good thing to have as a backup. Especially without the ability to create ZPM's. Although I'm sure it'll never be mentioned again, other than perhaps if they go down to resurface the thing found in 'Submersion'. They may show you a quick glimpse of the ruined station.

However since Asurans know of it, then seeing what their beam could do to a ZPM. The drilling station could not provide anywhere near enough power to compensate for another attack. The only way they would ever go back was for the 'Submersion' thing thatw as left behind. However if they get to keep the stuff found in 'Unending', then there is never any need to go back for it at all.

Only sad thing about leaving the planet was leaving the whales behind. Perhaps they could build cases inside the 304's, beam them up & transport them to the new planet for a little bit of companionship!

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
      Only sad thing about leaving the planet was leaving the whales behind. Perhaps they could build cases inside the 304's, beam them up & transport them to the new planet for a little bit of companionship!

The new Gate adress too, I have trouble with learning new phone numbers!

Comment

i dont think the will go back because there are to many reasons not to..
        it would be cool to see the asgard tech in atlantis with it they would own the wraith..maby not the asaurans but still. anyone know when seaons 4 is going to air?
        - Thor: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here. I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest."
        - Kinsey: "I'm sure it was Commander..." (pointing to Thor with his index finger)
        - Thor (interrupting): "Supreme Commander."

- Thor: "You are the Fifth race. Your role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with you, and your people."
        - Carter: "No pressure, huh?"
        - Thor: "You have earned my respect... and my friendship. Please do not be sad. The end of my people has been a long time coming."

i just love those guys a same that they are no more......

Comment

Really doubt they'll go back since there's to much at stake for that.
          Many knows that location, the asurans have a sateliteweapon in orbit readon to lay out some more devastation and if it were to be destroyed somehow im sure more would be launched there.
          Can't really see any reason to go back there either unless they left some people behind on the mainland and if they did they should just go there quick and beam them out and head for the new location which should be held secret to anyone execept allies.

And to go a bit offtopic: (actually after writing all of it i see it's way offtopic )

Hoping to see some more Atlantis expeditions instead of all those offworld expiditions in S4, sure they need to go hunt some more ZPMs, but why draw all that Wraithattention to them without any effective means to protect themselfes?
          The Atlantismission were to uncover the secrets of Atlantis and the ancients and yet all they seem to do is go offworld fighting Waiths and Asurans.

Loosing Weir is not all that bad tbh, i dont think she brought much to the series, perhaps if they actually focused on Atlantis instead of offworld then maybe she could have done more good.
          As for bringing Carter to Atlantis i'm not sure what to think as we dont yet know what role she will have there, but whatever role im sure i'd like Daniel Jackson more in Atlantis since he is after all the Tau'ri expert on Ancients.

And something i was thinking of, of course it doesnt do much good now that both Asurans and Wraith have learned about the location of Earth, but why did they even keep Earth's stargate adress in the database? I'm sure the management of the expedition could have kept the adress in their heads instead of having it in the database?
          And as for adresses to other planets in the Milkyway, why even bring them to Atlantis when they need as much power to go to as Earth? Just puts a whole lot of worlds in danger for no reason at all

And same question as the person above me, anyone know when S4 starts airing? I wondered for a few days if i should watch the S3 finale and decided to do it which im now regretting since i hate cliffhangers like that one. Ok for 1 week or so, but not if S4 is like 6 months away =)
          Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
          Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by MathiasE View Post
            And something i was thinking of, of course it doesnt do much good now that both Asurans and Wraith have learned about the location of Earth, but why did they even keep Earth's stargate adress in the database? I'm sure the management of the expedition could have kept the adress in their heads instead of having it in the database?
            And as for adresses to other planets in the Milkyway, why even bring them to Atlantis when they need as much power to go to as Earth? Just puts a whole lot of worlds in danger for no reason at all
            Just to clarify this, Earth was a Planet of the Ancients/Alterans, they would have it in their database well before the Atlantis expedition team got there. The management of the Atlantis team may not have figured out the location of Earth strictly out of the Atlantis Expedition's "Phone Book!" but more rather picked it up from a mission report or something, could have been anything really...?
            The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
              Just to clarify this, Earth was a Planet of the Ancients/Alterans, they would have it in their database well before the Atlantis expedition team got there. The management of the Atlantis team may not have figured out the location of Earth strictly out of the Atlantis Expedition's "Phone Book!" but more rather picked it up from a mission report or something, could have been anything really...?
              True, though they could have erased it (or at least tried to, knowing that the lantean database is incredibly reduntant they would propably fail )
              But all it comes back to is that they have to destroy Atlantis before it falls into enemy hands for 2 reasons, location of earth and the fact that it's currently the only working stargate between the 2 galaxies. Making sure the location of earth is kept hidden then the fact that that gate is capable of traveling to Milkyway doesnt matter if noone knows how to get there
              Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?

Comment

I bet if they sent a flying twinky back to Lantea they would destroy that satlelite.

I think that they will never go back there in Season 4 ....I guess I will wait to find out.
                Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                  You know Sam is going to rescue McKay hehe
                  this is why carter is going to atlantis. not to replace weir but to sort mckay out.
                  Thankyou SG-1 for 10 great years!
                  sigpic
                  sig made by kidwizz

join Stargate Atlantis: save the lost city and lets get our show back

Comment

yes i would love to see Mcay's face when he is not the smartest anymore in atlantis i would be a super team mcay carter and zelenka
                    - Thor: Senator Kinsey. O'Neill suggested I send you to a distant planet for your actions here. I am reasonably certain his statement was in jest."
                    - Kinsey: "I'm sure it was Commander..." (pointing to Thor with his index finger)
                    - Thor (interrupting): "Supreme Commander."

- Thor: "You are the Fifth race. Your role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with you, and your people."
                    - Carter: "No pressure, huh?"
                    - Thor: "You have earned my respect... and my friendship. Please do not be sad. The end of my people has been a long time coming."

i just love those guys a same that they are no more......

Comment

i miss the old planet it would be nice to go back but first we need to get rid of the weapon.
                      https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                        i miss the old planet it would be nice to go back but first we need to get rid of the weapon.
                        As well as the Wraith and the Asurans since they both know the location of atlantis.

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

The new Gate adress too, I have trouble with learning new phone numbers!
                          Well, if they did it in a falling apart Gould mothership, I'd say they'd be totally ripping off star trek on the whale plot rather than just partially.

Comment

As everyone else on this thread has stated the planet Atlantis was on has been compromised. Therefore it would be folly to take Atlantis back there. However that it is not to say we could not have more episodes on that planet! The Daedalus or which ever ship they use in S4 could take them there
                            A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Originally posted by Vala_M View Post
                              Will they end up going back to Lantea since they dropped out of hyperspace way ahead of schedule? It would take less power to go back then continue. Assuming they can fix it in time? I somehow doubt that they'll end up on a new planet, plus, Lantea was the equivalent of Earth, except with much less land, the planet the Ancients lived on, it had the underwater geothermal station and who knows what else. Maybe with the Odyssey's upgrade, they can come and destroy the Asuran satellite weapon or something.

Vala,
                              I like lantea and i do think they should go back but they need way better generaters for back up stuff.

MY IDEA IS:'
                              get the earth ships power core make a way bigger version slap it onto one of atlantis's side this and use back up power from that.

ADF
                              sigpic
                              i know this is an overstatement and untrue to the show, but i still think its funny kinda

Comment

Originally posted by Athosian Death facilitator View Post
                                I like lantea and i do think they should go back but they need way better generaters for back up stuff.

MY IDEA IS:'
                                get the earth ships power core make a way bigger version slap it onto one of atlantis's side this and use back up power from that.

ADF
                                It wouldn't work though!

The 304's power source only runs at something like 20/20% of maximum. Which is why it takes around 18 days to travel between Pegasus & MW. Whereas with a ZPM it turns it out to 100% & allows them to make it inside 4 days.

Think of the size of a 304. The power reactor is probably pretty big. Then consider Atlantis. It's goodness knows how much bigger than a 304, but it requires a ton more power. The shield drains a lot of power as does firing Drones, engaging the StarDrive etc.

So they would way have to scale up the 304's generator to make it be adequate for Atlantis. Most likely it would simply be too big to work into the city. A better bet would obviously be for them to use an Asgard power source. Probably would be not as powerful as a ZPM & a lot larger in size but it would be better than humans could do any day.

The most reasonable step would probably be to link up 100/1000 MKII Naquadah generators to power parts of the city. Such an amount would probably allow you to keep the shield up for a while if under attack. Would probably allow you to fly the city. Probably even fire all your Dronbes in an emergency but dobt it could do them all at the same time like a ZPM would allow you to.

Power is a scenario where the writers see ways to give scenarios & situations. If they could make ZPM's, then the city would never be under threat because the power was always there to withstand Wraith or Asuran attacks. That takes away the drama because the threat element has been significantly scaled down!

However if the writers were really good, they could give them the ability to make ZPM's & still make them have a power problem. So despite the humans being able to make the ultimate power source, they'd still be in the crapper if the enemy launched a proper attack on them.

The way to do this is thus: Give them the ability to make them, but have the science behind it be very troublesome where it takes months/years to make a full one. This is why Janis only gave Weir a list of 5 planets that had them, because they take a good while to create. This is why they were forced to abandon the city because they were down to their last 3 & didn't have the time to wait to create more because their current stock would have been depleted by then. Asurans don't have that problem because they've had 10,000 years to build up their supplies.

However I don't see them going that route, more likely it'll remain the current way where they struggle for power constantly. They deplete a ZPM, then find a convenient replacement shortly after. Atlantis gets cancelled & we never got to fully see the capabilities of the city or it's tech. Then they go make Atlantis movies to finish off the Asurans, Wraith etc. Hope I'm wrong with that though, but don't think I will be!

Comment

Working...
                                X