Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it would be better if they found an planet with fairly average people, but this one guy has like incredible ability to learn and understand... enter Hawking. He comes back to Atlantis and within a matter of weeks he has read, expanded on and surpassed all of Mckays stuff, of course making Mckay beyone jealous. Gotta throw in a plot twist, like he has a super advanced brain cuz of some freak mutation, but that also caused his physical ailments, and it is getting progressively worse. He saves the day (perhaps the people from his world and Atlantis from an attack from the Wraith or Asurans) with his superior intelect, but is forced to sacrifice himself in the process (he fixes and uses some Ancient weapon that he knows will overload and kill him when used but does it anyways).

Comment

Originally posted by J_B View Post
      Given what has been experienced in SG-1 or Atlantis. I seriously doubt someone who hasn't left the planet or who works for ther SGC could be classed as the world's foremost expert on anything.

I'd say Carter would whip him while sleeping, not to mention probably all the scientists at Area 51, Atlantis etc. He's only working with theories, while they are working with fac!
      Maybe he's not dealing with theories. We've seen Carter deal with "theories" before in 'Prodigy' when she told students they should just accept her theory as fact, and then the equation would make sense, despite the fact she couldn't actually tell them how her theory was true, how she came to it or anything.

Within the show, all of Hawkings theories on blackholes, relativity, singularities and such could be Hawking working for the US Air Force and he's incorporating truths as theories, just like Carter has done.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tibit View Post
        I think it would be better if they found an planet with fairly average people, but this one guy has like incredible ability to learn and understand... enter Hawking. He comes back to Atlantis and within a matter of weeks he has read, expanded on and surpassed all of Mckays stuff, of course making Mckay beyone jealous. Gotta throw in a plot twist, like he has a super advanced brain cuz of some freak mutation, but that also caused his physical ailments, and it is getting progressively worse. He saves the day (perhaps the people from his world and Atlantis from an attack from the Wraith or Asurans) with his superior intelect, but is forced to sacrifice himself in the process (he fixes and uses some Ancient weapon that he knows will overload and kill him when used but does it anyways).
        Highlighted parts sound eerie familiar... Jonas Quinn anyone?

He was a quick study and according to Nirrti's machine he was a few steps higher on the ladder of evolution than us wee human beings.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Highlighted parts sound eerie familiar... Jonas Quinn anyone?

He was a quick study and according to Nirrti's machine he was a few steps higher on the ladder of evolution than us wee human beings.
          yep, I thought the same thing. + why would an alien get access to all of Earth's knowledge?
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Maybe the Asgard can transfer Hawking's consciousness into one of their bodies and send him to Atlantis...
            sigpic

Comment

Amusing, yes, but McKay & Carter are way ahead of Hawking if all was reality.
              Originally posted by G.B Shaw
              Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
              Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
              Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
              You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
              Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
              One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
              You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
              The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
              www.7-scales.co.uk
              http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

I hear that Stephen Hawking is a quake god, got a finger on the trigger and his eyes on the quad.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                  Amusing, yes, but McKay & Carter are way ahead of Hawking if all was reality.
                  Blasphemy !!!

I think Carter and McKay both would strutter like elementary school students if they found themselves face to face with Professor Hawking; hey, maybe they would forge an alliance against him...

Anyway, I've read Stephen Hawking's books and he has a great sense of humor so I think he would be willing to do it ( maybe he would guest-star for free ! ) However the logistics for the whole thing would be near to impossible to manage, because of Hawking's schedule and his health. But I'd love to see him wearing an Atlantis expedition blue uniform !

Too bad Atlantis doesn't have a holodeck like the Enterprise. Remember Data's poker game ?

Comment

Hmm, how do you know Atlantis doesn't have a holodeck?
                    sigpic

Comment

It would be a shame if McKay began to teack Mr. Hawkins about physics. Rodney is only a scifi character, but he is a real scientist.
                      "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Actually, Atlantis does have a holodeck... kind of.

They have that holographic database room thing.
                        Does that count?
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chilapox3 View Post
                          Actually, Atlantis does have a holodeck... kind of.

They have that holographic database room thing.
                          Does that count?
                          I think it counts
                          sigpic

Comment

He, he! Yeah, they should upload Hawking's holo-image to the database, and have him deliver Lantean info from now on...
                            sigpic

Comment

You could also upload Carl Sagan and Richard P. Feynman...

And when I mentioned the holodeck, I meant something like the one on the Enterprise or in the DS9 station. On the very first episode, the Atlantis expedition was greeted by this hologram, so yeah, there must be holographic tech...

Comment

Originally posted by Caldwell's 2IC View Post
                                You could also upload Carl Sagan and Richard P. Feynman...

And when I mentioned the holodeck, I meant something like the one on the Enterprise or in the DS9 station. On the very first episode, the Atlantis expedition was greeted by this hologram, so yeah, there must be holographic tech...
                                Yeah, but Atlantis isn't handicapped by an, "in the distant future" timeline/storyline. We could have the real guy there alive and kic.... er..um... ALIVE!
                                sigpic
                                "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                                ~David Hewlett

Comment

Working...
                                X