This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
    It's a reference to Star Trek, the original series. On an away team, the character you'd never seen before (who was usually a crewman wearing a red shirt) was bound to be the first to cash in his chips. Eddie Izzard used to make great play of this in his stage act BTW.
    Anyway, it's now a kind of convention for a character who's not long for this world.
    Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
    It's a reference to Star Trek, the original series. On an away team, the character you'd never seen before (who was usually a crewman wearing a red shirt) was bound to be the first to cash in his chips. Eddie Izzard used to make great play of this in his stage act BTW.
    Anyway, it's now a kind of convention for a character who's not long for this world.
    So 33 people who voted just want her to come here to die? Hmm, how lovely.

She ain't going to be a red shirt, and she ain't going to die. Get used to it, or don't watch s4.

Oh and BTW I choose a combonation between 1 and 3.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post

She ain't going to be a red shirt, and she ain't going to die. Get used to it, or don't watch s4.
      Most of us who chose the last option, don't necessarily want her to die. We just don't want her in Atlantis at all, that's it.

I personally like Carter in SG1, not in Atlantis. Though I might (probably not) change that view after I've seen the episodes.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Are we perhaps confusing cause and effect here? Was Ms. Higginson's role reduced because they wanted to bring in Ms. Tapping, or was Ms. Tapping brought in because Ms. Higginson wanted a reduced role?

Comment

I never said I wanted her to die. Just not come to Atlantis. Let somebody else save the universe for a change.
          sigpic
          "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Deevil View Post
            I want Sam to regress McKay into the arrogant character he used to be.
            I want her to take over the entire station.
            I want her to become a Wraith
            I want her to kill the rest of the crew
            I want her to blow up the station
            I want her to become a cannibal
            I want her to rule the Pegasus Galaxy.

Or, really, I just want Sam to be Sam and be there as either the commander of a ship or as a consultant. I don't want her to run the station.
            LOL! That's the best thing I've read in a while. It should be a spin off

I totally agree, so I voted "other". I don't want Sam running the station either, we already have some one to do that. I hope instead of replacing Dr. Weir as station leader they create a new and unique role for Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by hopeful View Post
              I hope... leader they create a new and unique role for Sam.
              New and unique? Then it won't be Sam Carter anymore, they'd create a whole new character. Just like they're creating a new, unrecognizable show out of Atlantis.
              Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
              at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Oh and BTW I choose a combonation between 1 and 3.
                The poll is flawed. An option was needed for "just don't want on Atlantis" not the "die carter die" option 'other' was far too open as it could be construed as anything, so I'm sure that some folks who don't want carter on Atlantis, simply chose the last option, for better or worse.

So, please rein in your snarkiness.

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                  New and unique? Then it won't be Sam Carter anymore, they'd create a whole new character. Just like they're creating a new, unrecognizable show out of Atlantis.
                  I'm pretty sure hopeful meant a "new and unique" job position, not a personality transplant.
                  Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                  Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                  -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                    I'm pretty sure hopeful meant a "new and unique" job position, not a personality transplant.
                    In that case, what new & unique job could she possibly have according to her scientific and military knowledge? *wondering* Those two areas are already covered.
                    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Celcool View Post
                      In that case, what new & unique job could she possibly have according to her scientific and military knowledge? *wondering* Those two areas are already covered.
                      Now *that* I have no idea.
                      Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                      Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                      -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
                        Are we perhaps confusing cause and effect here? Was Ms. Higginson's role reduced because they wanted to bring in Ms. Tapping, or was Ms. Tapping brought in because Ms. Higginson wanted a reduced role?
                        I don't think it's one or the other. Maybe you didn't mean it that way though. But JoeM has apparently said the first is not true. And we've had no indications from TH that it was her choice for her role to be reduced. So it's possible that neither one could be true.
                        - Life after Stargate -
                        Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                        Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                        sigpic

Comment

Yes, I meant "new and unique" for a role or position not her personality.

I have no idea what they're going to do with Sam on the show. By new and unique I meant not squashing any other character's role. How are they going to do it? Personally I'm boggled, but I've read that she is a good fit and TPTB and AT are excited. At this point I can't see it, but the poll only offered "dead" or "filling other people's current roles". I don't like either of those options so I picked "other" in the hope that TPTB will find some place where she can use her uberskills and add to the team instead of taking away.

The consultant-esque idea could be interesting, to have her as a versatile character using her different abilities in situations we've not yet seen Atlantis in. Such as all the new plots and race(s) we're going to be seeing in Season 4. Honestly I'd prefer they'd bring her in less (not in credits) if they must. But it's done, they're already filming it.. so I'm hoping that they've found some way to balance it with all the new twists and turns that I don't know about.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                            The poll is flawed. An option was needed for "just don't want on Atlantis" not the "die carter die" option 'other' was far too open as it could be construed as anything, so I'm sure that some folks who don't want carter on Atlantis, simply chose the last option, for better or worse.

So, please rein in your snarkiness.
                            No the last option is
                            I don't want her on Atlantis except if she's a red shirt.
                            The not so new and unique role would have been if AT replayed Replicarter again...

Comment

That's an idea...we know that the Asurans all remind within their subspace network and can be created, what if Replicarter found a way to preserve herself in the network and was reconstructed.

Baddy Carter I've got no problem with.
                              sigpic
                              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                                I have to go with Expedition Commander. Why?

Because it's a position that can truly make use of her skillset. Commanding a ship seems cool, but seems like such a waste of her talents.

Plus as Expedition Commander I think she'll be able to interact with all the other characters, adding a new dimension to the mix.
                                Good point. I'd like to see her able to use her scientist skills and I'm not sure how much chance she'd get to do that as a ship commander.

Comment

Working...
                                X