Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to go with Expedition Commander. Why?

Because it's a position that can truly make use of her skillset. Commanding a ship seems cool, but seems like such a waste of her talents.

Plus as Expedition Commander I think she'll be able to interact with all the other characters, adding a new dimension to the mix.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
      ...ok...is there a reason you quoted me?

OMG. Didn't even realize I did that. Guess I clicked "Quote" instead of "Post Reply". Sorry.
      sigpic

Comment

If she has to be there, and
        Spoiler:
        Weir is on the way out
        , then I guess I have to go with expedition leader.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
          ok, i'm thinking. it depends on what you (by you i mean BAB) mean by "recurring". if it's Ford!recurring, then i totally agree, and that sucks. if it's Hammond!recurring, then it doesn't change much. do we know what they mean? is she still in opening credits?
          Typically, a recurring guest star is only in five or so episodes per season, and that's pushing it. Extras, with or without lines, are featured in a lot more episodes, because they're not payed as much (I'm guessing).

i liked those days too, in fact i miss they desperately with SG-1. do we know how big a part she has in each ep? one would assume it would have to be considerable sometimes, but that doesn't mean all 14 eps, right?
          She will be in 14 of 20 episodes. Her role in each episode will likely vary.

ok. point well made. if you don't mind countering my over-optimistic view again, try this. if this war arc is real, it might create new posts. so she wouldn't have to be any of the above. yes, the screen time would have to come from somewhere. i just hope it's used well (well as in to the betterment of the characters, especially SGA ones). plus, TH has "reduced time" this season. that doesn't sound like it equates to Ford!recurring. if, if it doesn't <hopes>, what will she do with the time she does have if Sam has Weir's job?
          Ya know, I hadn't thought of creating a new possition for Carter. That's what they did for Worf on DS9. There's also Vala on SG-1... rather than replace a team member, SG-1 was increased to a five-man team. I guess it's possible Carter may have some kind of special job.

I still think expedition leader is the most likely scenario.

Comment

i voted redshirt
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by Gate Geek View Post
              I don't want to see her in any capacity in Atlantis for any length of time!!

I can only hope she gets stunned or something in the beginning of each ep and is out of the picture the rest of the episode so I can truly enjoy the Atlantis characters.

hehehehehe GG love ya babes hehe
              Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
              ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
              Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                I have to go with Expedition Commander. Why?

Because it's a position that can truly make use of her skillset. Commanding a ship seems cool, but seems like such a waste of her talents.

Plus as Expedition Commander I think she'll be able to interact with all the other characters, adding a new dimension to the mix.
                I agree. Also the doesnt mean she can't go on missions either. Though I'd love to see her command an ship as well.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Red shirt because I don't want her on Atlantis considering everything.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    The only role that's really open to Carter is expedition leader since Weir has been demoted to recurring character with Carter joining the show as a series regular. Logic suggests that Carter will replace Weir. This is, however, speculation.
                    Carter is joining as recurring, not regular. Hence the 14 ep limit.

I can't agree with your logic, but that's mostly because I'd have to turn off the TV if it were true, and that would be sad. I like SGA and want to continue to watch. So for now I'm taking the spoiler that "she'll be coming in her own ship" to mean that she will be a ship commander. *crosses fingers*

But if we can only have one ship commander, why is Ellis there?

Comment

Originally posted by the old briar pipe View Post
                      Carter is joining as recurring, not regular. Hence the 14 ep limit.
                      JM has said in his blog that AT will be in the opening credits, so I think that makes her a regular.
                      Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                      Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                      -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I want Sam to regress McKay into the arrogant character he used to be.
                        I want her to take over the entire station.
                        I want her to become a Wraith
                        I want her to kill the rest of the crew
                        I want her to blow up the station
                        I want her to become a cannibal
                        I want her to rule the Pegasus Galaxy.

Or, really, I just want Sam to be Sam and be there as either the commander of a ship or as a consultant. I don't want her to run the station.
                        Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                          JM has said in his blog that AT will be in the opening credits, so I think that makes her a regular.
                          Dangit. They've changed tunes again.

Guess TH's negotiations went south. *weeps*

Comment

Guess TH's negotiations went south. *weeps*
                            Nope, it's very very very unlikely connected to TH's negotiations. Amanda is still only going to be in 14 episodes, that hasn't changed. It's just her people negotiating the best possible deal for Amanda. It's about her contract, not Torri's.
                            Disclaimer: All opinions stated within this post are relevant to the author herself, and do not in any way represent the opinions of God, Country, The Powers That Be or Greater Fandom.

Any resemblance to aforementioned opinions are purely coincidental.

Comment

Now the poll's up, voted for the red shirt option.
                              After 10 years I'm really tired of Sam Carter as a character (no reflection on AT - I've pretty much had it with Daniel and the rest of them too, especially post-Series 8) and I wish TPTB would pension her off. Putting her on Atlantis is guaranteed to p*** me off.
                              sigpic
                              "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

To me, happened the same. It is sad that I can´t stand them. And it is sad bc I used to love SG1. For me is it proof that 10 years is simply a lot.

And to topic. I think when Carter will have her own ship, she wouldn´t have to interfere too much. I don´t understand why they have to put her into Credits (David Nykl deserves it much more) but OK, let´s hope she won´t make much damage.

"No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand." - G´Kar, Babylon 5

Comment

Working...
                                X