Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Shirt. Don't really want her to die, but they didn't have an option of not having her there at all.

I was resigned to having Carter in Atlantis a little, but I'm still struggling with the news that she will be a main character, whatever her role.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

I'd prefer to see Carter as the on-base military leader or a ship commander, but I agree with others who have stated that she's likely going to take over for Weir...

Comment

But Atlantis is a civilian operation...unless, like I've said before, the war arc is real in which case it'd make more sense for the military to take over.
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
          But Atlantis is a civilian operation...unless, like I've said before, the war arc is real in which case it'd make more sense for the military to take over.
          Oh sure they are a civilian operation, that is why they only used

Spoilers for all the bloody seasons!
          Spoiler:
          Nukes twice instead of three times.

I voted one. I would actually prefer her being a "Caldwell" type character but somehow that seems unrealistic.

Comment

Maybe she could live on the Defiant...wait...wrong show...

Comment

I can't stand Sam's character, so i voted for leader of a ship. I don't think the show needs sam on it.
              Sheppard/Weir Forever

Comment

I don't want to see her in any capacity in Atlantis for any length of time!!

I can only hope she gets stunned or something in the beginning of each ep and is out of the picture the rest of the episode so I can truly enjoy the Atlantis characters.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ParadoxRealities View Post
                  reduced to reoccurring doesn't mean Weir will lose her job as expedition leader (i hope). looking at it that way, it's probably the least likely job for her to get. there could be two ship commanders (different ships, most likely) or two different base scientists, maybe even (though i doubt it) two different scientists on Shep's team. but two expedition leaders? no. <<just a different angle to look at.
                  Think about it. Higginson is demoted to recurring status while Tapping is promoted to series regular. The base commander has always been a major player in Stargate, so I don't see how they could have Weir continue to be the Expedition Leader if she's only a recurring leader.

She won't be the ship commander, because we already have Caldwell. If she is, that means we'll see an Earth ship in nearly every episode. That's too much. I miss the old days when you'd only have two or three space ship episodes out of the entire season. This is Stargate, not Star Trek. (I'm love Star Trek, but let's keep the franchises separate.)

She could be a base scientist, but we already have McKay and Zelenka for that. Now, if Zelenka gets killed off, then it would make sense for Carter to be his replacement.

She most deffinately will not be on Sheppard's team, because that is extremely redundant.

Regardless of how you look at it, Carter is going to replace an established character. My guess is Weir.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    Think about it. Higginson is demoted to recurring status while Tapping is promoted to series regular. The base commander has always been a major player in Stargate, so I don't see how they could have Weir continue to be the Expedition Leader if she's only a recurring leader.
                    ok, i'm thinking. it depends on what you (by you i mean BAB) mean by "recurring". if it's Ford!recurring, then i totally agree, and that sucks. if it's Hammond!recurring, then it doesn't change much. do we know what they mean? is she still in opening credits?

She won't be the ship commander, because we already have Caldwell. If she is, that means we'll see an Earth ship in nearly every episode. That's too much. I miss the old days when you'd only have two or three space ship episodes out of the entire season. This is Stargate, not Star Trek. (I'm love Star Trek, but let's keep the franchises separate.)
                    i liked those days too, in fact i miss they desperately with SG-1. do we know how big a part she has in each ep? one would assume it would have to be considerable sometimes, but that doesn't mean all 14 eps, right? darn, i suck at this optimism thing.

Regardless of how you look at it, Carter is going to replace an established character. My guess is Weir.
                    ok. point well made. if you don't mind countering my over-optimistic view again, try this. if this war arc is real, it might create new posts. so she wouldn't have to be any of the above. yes, the screen time would have to come from somewhere. i just hope it's used well (well as in to the betterment of the characters, especially SGA ones). plus, TH has "reduced time" this season. that doesn't sound like it equates to Ford!recurring. if, if it doesn't <hopes>, what will she do with the time she does have if Sam has Weir's job?
                    sigpic
                    "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)
                    Hic Comitas Regit. Welcome to Samanda.

Comment

ok, i'm thinking. it depends on what you (by you i mean BAB) mean by "recurring". if it's Ford!recurring, then i totally agree, and that sucks. if it's Hammond!recurring, then it doesn't change much. do we know what they mean? is she still in opening credits?
                      Hammond wasn't recurring, he was a main character, albeit one with not a lot of screen time.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Killdeer View Post
                        Hammond wasn't recurring, he was a main character, albeit one with not a lot of screen time.
                        are those the definitions they're/we're going by? ok.
                        sigpic
                        "Out of the Abyss" (SJ Angst)....................Best New Author.................."Else Close the Wall Up" (Sam)

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                          If Weir is gone, somebody will have to take over command of Atlantis.

I'd like to see Sam either in charge of Atlantis or commanding a ship, either suits me.

The first doesn't suit me. I don't think Weir is gone, and I do think that the writers have room to work Weir into a really amazing character with amazing leadership qualities (they'd have to work hard at it, yes), but it can be done. If she is gone, I really don't want Sam, I keep picturing McKay turned into a dancing monkey on screen and that would unnerve me to no end. Not only that it would make McKay worthless---even when Sam has come into SGA she's shown as smarter than Mckay, when McKay has saved the lives of the SGA ex countless times. That in itself is very frustrating to watch.

As for her commanding her own ship, I'm feeling that I like her on an advisory basis---which responds to the person who said that Sam has no other purpose than to take over. She does actually and she would be 10x more beneficial than Caldwell, since she might have been in similar situations so she could add her input (although that doesn't mean it needs to be followed). But I wouldn't like her influencing too much of the Atlantis ex and based on what JM has said in his blog, I can expect her to not be a overwhelming with the teams.
                          Click statement above to read article.

Comment

are those the definitions they're/we're going by? ok.
                            I went with red shirt. Really don't want her to die, but don't want her on Atlantis either, so red shirt it is.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nowvoyager908 View Post
                              I went with red shirt. Really don't want her to die, but don't want her on Atlantis either, so red shirt it is.
                              ...ok...is there a reason you quoted me?
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL, at the last option. I so chose that one.
                                sigpic
                                My OTP's LEAP with passion. Weir did it better.

Comment

Working...
                                X