This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
    Hermiod is suspcious to me. I'm convinced he's either been sent to an Earth ship as a punishment or to spy on what they're doing in regards to Atlantis (maybe even a little of both). It was one thing for him to help them in their first inter-galactic trip and maybe even a few after that, but to stick around this long despite how clear it is that he doesn't want to be there is fishy (it's likely Earth requested he stay on, but for the Asgard council to so ignore the protests which likely would be happening is odd). So, I've been waiting for a storyarc to appear that deals with them looking over the shoulders of the Atlantis team. But, that's entirely baseless speculation on my part.

As far as them finding better ways to deal with their cloning problem I think that lies in another galaxy. For both Thor, their surpreme fleet commander, and Heimdall, the scientist working on fixing their genetic problems, to be dealing with a "sensitive matter" in a neighboring galaxy something must be up. I'm doubtful that we will ever see what's going on as it's likely just a plot device to not use Thor in these latest episodes. However, if they ever do explain what's going on there it would probably in the possible third series instead of Atlantis.

So you reckon NOVAK can write and review line by line the asgard code for hyperdrive, beaming technology and shields? Moreover, can NOVAK beam out a Goa'uld from Caldwell's brain? Let's not get cocky. We need the asgard to operate the vessel at 100%.

I know Rodney takes the mickey out of the asgard when Caldwell leaves without hermiod, but nobody can fix the systems on the spot after a Wraith attack like him.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
      So you reckon NOVAK can write and review line by line the asgard code for hyperdrive, beaming technology and shields? Moreover, can NOVAK beam out a Goa'uld from Caldwell's brain? Let's not get cocky. We need the asgard to operate the vessel at 100%.

I know Rodney takes the mickey out of the asgard when Caldwell leaves without hermiod, but nobody can fix the systems on the spot after a Wraith attack like him.
      I don't doubt that having him around is a great asset. I even said that it's likely that Earth requested he stay on which I think makes it clear that I think they would see him as such and want him to remain. I just think it's suspicious that they would leave someone assigned to an Earth ship when he clearly doesn't want to be there. That leads me to believe that he most likely did something wrong, akin to how Sheppard got a horrible assignment back on Earth. After all, with Thor busy the only Asgards that they've sent to us is a constant complainer and a coward. It looks to me like they're trying to dump them on us and that is something I'd like to see them expand on. However, I also find it funny that they were able to spare an Asgard for the one ship that happens to spend a lot of time on Atlantis. Which is where my baseless assumption comes in that they're spying - I already said it was baseless in my first post, so explaining the other reasons why he would be around doesn't do anything, since I freely admit that I acknowledge them and still suspect that it's a cover for something more. In the past they've never held our hands this much. Rather they've tried to get us to learn to defend/take care of ourselves, so why start now with Hermiod?

Comment

in my opion
        if the tau`ri invite the asgard to atlantis and share thear tech
        thay wil be fare qwiker to duplecate anchent tech
        sorry cant spell

Comment

Originally posted by 2ndgenerationalteran View Post
          the asgard were a race from SG1 not atlantis, i dont beleive we will see them any more than we already have.
          True the shows are different. But introducing the Asgard (besides Hermiod) will still keep the show unique. Think about it. SG-1 and Atlantis still haves loads of things in common. Examples below.

The Stargate. I know it looks different with the lights and all but a gates a gate.

DSC-304’s. Now you could say that the 304 are the only class of ship that Earth has so both shows need them. But I could easily say that SG-1 should have kept the Prometheus class up to session 10. Or even better kept the Orion as the Main ship in Atlantis.

Accents, Ascension, Beaming tech, Replicators or Asurans could have easily been replaced with something less SG-1 but the producer want to keep the SG-1 spirit.

So I say bring on the Asgard. And lets end this Hive Ship Vs Asgard Mother Ship Threads. I go with the Hive

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

You could even have the Asgard as an enemy, maybe Loki could go on a one man mission to claim Atlantis for the Asgard without their knowledge!

Comment

Originally posted by Sicktem View Post
              Hermiod is suspcious to me. I'm convinced he's either been sent to an Earth ship as a punishment or to spy on what they're doing in regards to Atlantis (maybe even a little of both). It was one thing for him to help them in their first inter-galactic trip and maybe even a few after that, but to stick around this long despite how clear it is that he doesn't want to be there is fishy (it's likely Earth requested he stay on, but for the Asgard council to so ignore the protests which likely would be happening is odd). So, I've been waiting for a storyarc to appear that deals with them looking over the shoulders of the Atlantis team. But, that's entirely baseless speculation on my part.

As far as them finding better ways to deal with their cloning problem I think that lies in another galaxy. For both Thor, their surpreme fleet commander, and Heimdall, the scientist working on fixing their genetic problems, to be dealing with a "sensitive matter" in a neighboring galaxy something must be up. I'm doubtful that we will ever see what's going on as it's likely just a plot device to not use Thor in these latest episodes. However, if they ever do explain what's going on there it would probably in the possible third series instead of Atlantis.
              I honestly think that Hermiod is there due to the fact that we are becoming a new race that they can work with. Plus....They are learning from us so it's a win win for everyone. It's not like he is giving us technology...he is just learning new tech. Plus...what if the Wraith come to our galaxy...don't you think that is just as a threat to the Asgard as it is to us....
              Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                I honestly think that Hermiod is there due to the fact that we are becoming a new race that they can work with. Plus....They are learning from us so it's a win win for everyone. It's not like he is giving us technology...he is just learning new tech. Plus...what if the Wraith come to our galaxy...don't you think that is just as a threat to the Asgard as it is to us....
                That's completely reasonable and I just hope that they expand on his character a bit as he is a bit of a fly on the wall that leads to odd speculations at this point. Anyway, I don't see how the Wraith coming to the Milky Way are a threat to them. They would likely help out Earth, but they always have the ability to retreat back to their galaxy and unless there are Humans there the Wraith would have no interest in it. Overall, the Wraith are pretty stupid. They attempted to launch an attack on Earth with 2 ships, thinking that was enough and that 6.5 billion Humans wasn't enough to put their differences aside and alert the others before leaving. Meanwhile, they had no idea what defenses Earth had. They know they have an advanced ship running around so it would've been reasonable for them to conclude that they possibly had a fleet defending their home planet, nevermind any defenses they built naturally. Yet they charged ahead blindly without backup. However, they also know that Earth came to Atlantis with knowledge of Ancient technology and I think they caught on that the Ancients moved back to Earth so they should've wondered what Ancient technology might be defending their planet. If they keep making moves like that, they are going to get themselves killed very quickly. Add to that, that their population is largely lower than the population that went up against the Ancients and they aren't that worthy of a threat...In comes the Asurans, which may or may not threaten the Asgard (they seem rather peaceful to all, but those using Ancient tech).

Comment

Its pretty obvious why the Daedalus is the only earth ship with an asgard... Its the only Earth ship which does regular intergalactic travel, if it were to break down in the void between galaxies the crew might have a long wait for help, With an asgard on board he could most likely repair the faults and get the ship moving again, or at least know how to send a fast communication to the nearest asgard ship/planet and ask for a tow !!!

Comment

hermoid is there to also get information on tech and maybe find some gene fixing device since the ancients were slowly dying of a genectic plague, so the ancints must of had some tech to change their gens a liitle

oooohh like the dna requecher thing
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thefunkyone View Post
                      Its pretty obvious why the Daedalus is the only earth ship with an asgard... Its the only Earth ship which does regular intergalactic travel, if it were to break down in the void between galaxies the crew might have a long wait for help, With an asgard on board he could most likely repair the faults and get the ship moving again, or at least know how to send a fast communication to the nearest asgard ship/planet and ask for a tow !!!
                      There has to be much more than that. The Asgard wouldn't risk one of their own for something that simple all this time. It was one thing early on as inter-galactic travel was brand new to them, but since then they've gotten the hang of it. Also, in that case they could lone him to them whenever they were ready to make the trip. They have the ability to dial gates from other galaxies (as seen in "The Fifth Race") so they could send him to Atlantis or Earth before it's ready to leave. Additionally, Earth could build a series of communication arrays in the void so they are never out of contact with Earth (it would piggy back a message just like they did in Critical Mass) and if it breaks down another ship is under 3 week always (they certainly have enough food to last that long and with a ZPM powered ship it would be closer to a few days at the worst). Again, it was one thing for Hermoid to help early on, but now that Earth has two additional ships they can help themselves at this point. There has to be much more going on as it is uncharacteristic for them to fish for Earth when they have always made a habit of teaching them to fish for themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by DelTrax1 View Post
                        . Plus...what if the Wraith come to our galaxy...don't you think that is just as a threat to the Asgard as it is to us....
                        That would be cool if they some to our galaxy
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                          hermoid is there to also get information on tech and maybe find some gene fixing device since the ancients were slowly dying of a genectic plague, so the ancints must of had some tech to change their gens a liitle

oooohh like the dna requecher thing
                          Ohh, that is a good possibility. And i can also see them with us, as a way to ensure we dont misuse what they give us.

Comment

I think the writer need to explore hermiod back ground.

But unfortunately their probably not enough in the budget to do episode which would need perhaps ten to 20 minutes of one probably more Asguards to tell the story.

But If you want it start handing that charity bucket around, the writes will need every penny they can get.

Comment

The asgard wouldnt share any technology that could be used against them ie weapons. Same probably holds true for the Human controlled atlantis. Heck the only reason its not solely a usaf expidition is that other nations have a shared claim on the antartic base.

That said im sure they would share something thats absolutely needed by the asgard, but theyre not going to give them daily email updates or invite them to move in.

Comment

I would like to see some backround on Hermie too..

Comment

Working...
                                X