Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could the City of Atlantis help to Destroy the Ori?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    1-on-1 w/ 3 ZPMs & fully repaired it would trounce an Ori Battle Cruiser. But in its current state, and against multiple cruisers, well it wouldn't be worth risking the loss of the most advanced city in 3 galaxies.
    Why would it trounce it. It doesn't have any energy weapons, only a limited amount of Drones. So after it fires all them, it doesn't have anything left!

The Ori ship has an incredibly powerful power source of it's own. It looks like a similar version of Arcturus. Which was said to make ZPM's look like alkaline batteries. So if it was anything remotely similar, then 3 ZPM's would be nothing in comparisson to it.

In 'The Road Not Taken' it was said they used the oupost in Antartica to fend off an Ori ship. It did not say destroy it! It may have referred to it as being heavily damaged, or just a simple piece of damage that they figured it was safeer to retreat & repair it, then come back later to finish it off. Hence if Atlantis fired all it's Drones & did not destroy the Ori ship then it would be in serious trouble because it wouldn;t have any offensive weapons.

The Ori ship has energy weapons, so it would only be a matter of time before it's blasts drained down the ZPM's & cut through the shield.

Either way, Atlantis only has projectile weapons that will run out very quickly. While Ori has directed energy weapons that is basically limitless in how many times it could fire. So the only real question is with regards to the power core. Is the Ori less, the same or better than 3 ZPM's. Personally I believe a good bit better because it looks like Arcturus.

Therefore if it were me I'd rather choose the Ori ship because of the energy weapons. No point being in Atlantis after it's expended all it's Drones, that leaves it with no offensive capabilities. Meaning it's only a matter of time before the ZPM's ran down.

If it was an Asuran Atlantis on the other hand, the one that generated the 'First Strike' beam, I'd grab that over anything in a second.

Comment

McKay said that Atlantis does have other weapons, they just don't know how to use them.
      sigpic
      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
      ~David Hewlett

Comment

McKay said that Atlantis does have other weapons, they just don't know how to use them.
        That's one thing I'd like to know in Season 4!

Comment

Originally posted by Keeper View Post
          with little to no power available to defend itself from the wraith and the asurans, atlantis couldn't protect itself from one ori vessel. its not gonna happen unless they get a LOT of ZPMs,which is unlikely.
          So true. They would surely be destroyed.

Comment

Originally posted by Fabiano View Post
            My question is over that the people of Atlantis will be the best cenary to make this, My guess is if the City be empowered by 3 ZPM's they can be a big oportunity to destroy the Ori forever, or are the Drones not so powerfull?
            The drones are powerful but again it takes alot of power to run the chair. I don't think they could destroy the Ori that way. I imagine the Ori will have some fantastic tech weapons anyways that will overpower them.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I say let SG-1 deal with the Ori threat. Atlantis has it's hands full anyways.
              True, I think they will be dealing with them alot in their first movie. Something about taking care of loose ends with the Ori.

Comment

Originally posted by X04Shivaji View Post
                Wouldnt it make more sense to find alternative power sources and ZPM's using the chair i mean they can find the location of them in the solar system, why cant they use it like a anceint google search engine and find ZPM's its what i would do!
                Haha if it were only that easy.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                  Oooh interesting thought!
                  And so what was your point??

Comment

I have heard that too. Must be diffuclt if he can't figure them out.

Comment

Hmm. I wonder if the Asgard insalled a few of their neutrino-ion generators on Atlantis would they provide enough power?

Took the silly test and my color is-
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X