Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's great to know that Zelenka won't get shafted, and I'm thinking it's up to us in a way to make sure he isn't.

Comment

we've seen what happens to popular minor characters like Beckett, they get promoted to main cast. but then they become too popular and get in the way of the John and Rodney show and are killed off. with Zelenka being so popular now it is only a matter of time before he becomes one of the main cast....

maybe its time to start a save Radek Zelenka thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        we've seen what happens to popular minor characters like Beckett, they get promoted to main cast. but then they become too popular and get in the way of the John and Rodney show and are killed off. with Zelenka being so popular now it is only a matter of time before he becomes one of the main cast....

maybe its time to start a save Radek Zelenka thread?
        That's not a bad idea! They might have to "shake things up a bit" near the end of S4 to make things "real" and extra dramatic. I think the top 3 contenders to be the next one off the show are Zalenka, Lorne, and possibly Teyla.

Comment

Teyla is the Atlantis equivalent of Teal'c, i wouldn't worry too much about anything happening to her. the only cast members who are safe from the extra dramatic realism shake-up are Mckay, Sheppard and Teyla.

Comment

Short Answer:

Yes. Zelenka will get alot of airtime......
            then get killed off by TPTB!
            Subspace Energy Technology Thread
            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              Pity we don't have subtitles, as i would love to read what he is 'cursing' aobut all those times he rants on in his own language..
              Several of our Czech friends provide translations over on Zelenka's Translation and *Thunk* thread after an episode where he speaks Czech. If they don't, ask and someone will. They are pretty good with that on that thread!!

I think Zelenka will get some decent airtime. I am hoping to see some good scenes between Zelenka and Carter, especially when McKay may decided to go on a Zelenka rant. The chemistry between all three characters has the potiental for some fun scenes. Let's just hope TPTB can do them justice.
              sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                Or they get promoted to main cast because of their popularity only to have them appear in every other episode, because lets face it the character doesn't fit into alot of stories, so after a year and a half of being underused and the actor being paid for every episode TPTB decide to give the character a dramatic send off (and save themselves the cash - because lets face it that's the reason their sister show was cancelled - it cost too much money)
                Last edited by Steve_the_Wraith; 28 February 2007, 03:12 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
                  Short Answer:

Yes. Zelenka will get alot of airtime......
                  then get killed off by TPTB!
                  He better never get killed off
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Agreed. Of all the 'semi perm' characters, like loorne etc, he has become my fave... Pity we don't have subtitles, as i would love to read what he is 'cursing' aobut all those times he rants on in his own language..
                    Me too. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by carterrocks View Post
                      Of course Carter is going to over shadow him she is the superior character.
                      Im hoping she wont. She is supose to have her own ship and what Zalenka does on Atlantis etc. should be separate from what she does I would think. I want him to be around to have say so in things as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                        I'm sure zalenka will get his usual amount of airtime. Not sure how much dialogue he'll get, but I bet he'll at least be seen onscreen in some capacity.
                        Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by kimaken View Post
                          That's not a bad idea! They might have to "shake things up a bit" near the end of S4 to make things "real" and extra dramatic. I think the top 3 contenders to be the next one off the show are Zalenka, Lorne, and possibly Teyla.
                          I don't ever see them taking off the Zalenka character but then I never thought they would get rid of Koyla either. I m not sure about Teyla but a good possibility with Lorne especially if they upgrade Ronan to the same position more or less. It would be sad but I think it would be him first.

Comment

Originally posted by Katiekat View Post
                            I don't ever see them taking off the Zalenka character but then I never thought they would get rid of Koyla either. I m not sure about Teyla but a good possibility with Lorne especially if they upgrade Ronan to the same position more or less. It would be sad but I think it would be him first.
                            They can't "upgrade" Ronan to Lorne's position! For one thing, Ronan is a main character on the premier team while Lorne is only a recurring military officer character. I do think Lorne's a prime candidate to be killed off, though, because the actor is a recurring character on another SciFi series (The 4400) and is seen in several other shows as well. However, I fear Zalenka will soon become redundant because of the Sam-Rodney dynamic. Of course, they may keep him around as "comic relief", especially since he's the only non-North American (US/Canada) character (besides the two Pegasus Galaxy natives), and this is supposedly an international expedition, not just a joint US-Canadian mission.

Comment

Working...
                            X