This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    I think it would close doors in terms to story telling to be honest, it would be alot harder to write stories when there are such 'get out of jail free cards' laying about...
    I know what you mean, but that were the innovation comes in. They don't have to keep it, just for a few ep.
    sigpic

Comment

everything they find will be used for 1 or 2 eps then gets destroyed or out of power and can't use it again it's been going that way for 3 seasons.

Comment

I hope we see some of the Ancient medical technology other than the scanners. Perhaps an Ancient transport ship, we know they had them, and this is the kind of ship the Atlantis team could keep because it wont give them to much of an advantage.

Also i'd like to know what the Ancients did to relax, surely they must have had something resembling cinema. It would also be nice to learn something about Ancient music, literature and art. So far we have only seen their technology and know almost nothing about their culture.
        sigpic

Comment

They haven't found any new tech because "we (humans) don't understand it". In three years there have been nothing but the PJ so why do you think something would change now?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            That would be cruel, but fun! Or for a twist, he is in a suit, but its really low on oxygen..
            LOL even better they give him a siut with full oxegen and tie a rope to his leg to the jumper and fly him around the place
            sigpic

Comment

they could find somewhere in the city where the ancients have a device which makes zpm's and other usefull objects

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Chris View Post
                they could find somewhere in the city where the ancients have a device which makes zpm's and other usefull objects
                are u trying to ruin the show?

the only way theyd havea machine do that is if earth needed a few and they foudn it they pumped it out and it was dry or it takes 2 years to fill one up.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by Betelgeuze View Post
                  I hope we see some of the Ancient medical technology other than the scanners. Perhaps an Ancient transport ship, we know they had them, and this is the kind of ship the Atlantis team could keep because it wont give them to much of an advantage.

Also i'd like to know what the Ancients did to relax, surely they must have had something resembling cinema. It would also be nice to learn something about Ancient music, literature and art. So far we have only seen their technology and know almost nothing about their culture.
                  I would also like to see more medicla tech.. Though, seeing how they had healers as part of the mental powers, makes me wonder if they needed medical tech..

As to the culture... i would also love to see some of their culture, but you know that would make for a borning episode..

Comment

Most probable nothing...

Should they find ZPM's and stay in space... then it would be like Deep Space 9

Should they not go back to their little planet, and look for a new one with some Ancient leftovers on it ... it would be Battle Star...

Should they want to head back to earth to land Atlantis on the Ancient outpost... Then it would be like Startrek Voyager!

So it's back to that watery hole, they came from and hopefully find another underwater bunker which will get all of us exited...only to descover it is empty or out of power!

It would be nice though if they can find some Ancienty things that won't affect the storyline too badly...

Comment

what I would like is that Atlantis finds a new planet to land on, and find out this is the Atlantis main weapon/ship manufacturing planet that would be cool also with advanced defense systems, so we can stop worrying about anyone attacking us from space and we can do more travelling through the stargate.
                      sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

how about an ancient cloning machine? In one episode one of the characters (weir for example) would be mortally wounded and the only way to save him/her would be to create a blank ancient clone (whoever was last in it) and transfer her to the blank. Much like the Asgard but more advanced. It would still be Weir, but in a different body. She would have to adjust to the new neural patterns in her brain and the way ancients thought.

The benefit would be that she could use an ancient repository and live, but there would have to be a drawback. Say the virus that killed the ancients off in the first place is carried in every human, so she is locked in a "bubble" until they can find a cure. So this would limit her interaction with the city etc.

Comment

Originally posted by mizzoueng View Post
                          how about an ancient cloning machine? In one episode one of the characters (weir for example) would be mortally wounded and the only way to save him/her would be to create a blank ancient clone (whoever was last in it) and transfer her to the blank. Much like the Asgard but more advanced. It would still be Weir, but in a different body. She would have to adjust to the new neural patterns in her brain and the way ancients thought.

The benefit would be that she could use an ancient repository and live, but there would have to be a drawback. Say the virus that killed the ancients off in the first place is carried in every human, so she is locked in a "bubble" until they can find a cure. So this would limit her interaction with the city etc.
                          That is a very good idea, actually that would work.
                          sigpicIf The Simpsons ever get on Stargate

Comment

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I understand the question. New? What's that? The word makes no sense in connection with Atlantis. Are you sure you aren't confused and posting in the wrong forum?

Comment

Fabrication & Manufacturing facilities, science stations, maintenance systems, and other neat things that would be present in a city.

Comment

Maybe they will find a plotline!

Comment

Working...
                                X