Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think that a midway station is the most important thing at this time. We are working towards it I'm sure.
    Two apples get you nothing unless your buying a banana.

Comment

Why don't you guys just ask Joe on his blog?

Comment

I thought the gates dial sequentially up to the next gate, which the macro then dials for the next one. It doesn't make sense for gates to dial backwards.

Comment

What i want to know is will STARGATE COMMAND build a Midway gate from the Milky Way Galaxy to the Asgards Galaxy ... Making it easier for them to travel and help out the Asgards in anykind of way ... Would be pretty sweet ...

Comment

I would think the midway station would be more important. Especially now that pretty much everything in the MW galaxy is blown up by the ori. Nowhere really interesting left to go other than Pegasus, unless seeing abuncha ruined planets is fun.....

Comment

Originally posted by -PITBULL- View Post
              What i want to know is will STARGATE COMMAND build a Midway gate from the Milky Way Galaxy to the Asgards Galaxy ... Making it easier for them to travel and help out the Asgards in anykind of way ... Would be pretty sweet ...
              I think if anything like that was required the Asgard would just give the SGC a powersource or just pick up a team in one of their ships...

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                I think if anything like that was required the Asgard would just give the SGC a powersource or just pick up a team in one of their ships...
                I agree
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
                  I would think the midway station would be more important. Especially now that pretty much everything in the MW galaxy is blown up by the ori. Nowhere really interesting left to go other than Pegasus, unless seeing abuncha ruined planets is fun.....
                  Good point. Perhaps they could construct some sort of large station there, and as the ships from earth/people from earth flee, they could get housed at that station..

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                    Yeah your right , but what if something happened that not even Thor could make it over here to pick us up .... What if an enemy attacked them for some reason , and the only thing the SG-C could do is gate to the WORLD ... With out a ZPM ( Couse you know they want to save the power for something bigger ) they have no other way over there except are SHIPS , and that could take weeks or months ...

Comment

Oh.. maybe the Ori go to Ida, and smack the asguard around..

Comment

Yeh I liked the look of it, but what happens if the Wraith stumble upon it and then destroy what would happen!
                        I HATE SY-FY

Comment

From Joe's blog:

Peter writes: “Will the midway station be featured in Season 4?

Answer: The midway station will be featured in season 4.
                          http://josephmallozzi.blogspot.com/

I cut some stuff out of my question and his answer so as to stay on topic.

Comment

Originally posted by The Ori View Post
                            Yeh I liked the look of it, but what happens if the Wraith stumble upon it and then destroy what would happen!
                            How in God's name will they find it? There are literally infinite ways to get to the Milky Way. Unless you know where Midway is, you really can't find it.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyNeko View Post
                              How in God's name will they find it? There are literally infinite ways to get to the Milky Way. Unless you know where Midway is, you really can't find it.
                              And the fact that the first gate is outside the pegasus galaxy, unless the wraith decide to pop out near by, i doubt their sensors would detect it..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                                Good point. Perhaps they could construct some sort of large station there, and as the ships from earth/people from earth flee, they could get housed at that station..
                                of course, since you're leaving the possibility of the ori finding the earth computer, you kinda leave open the possibility that they'll figure out not only the address, but the approximate physical location (by translation of address onto map.) even without the address, they can simply follow a ship.

and likewise for the wraith - should they work out that there's a secret escape facility, and discover its been accessed by a gate other than the atlantis gate, they can determine the location in terms of address eventually. and then physically work it out. and for those who are uncertain - i believe when ford went AWOL the last 50 addresses from one of the gates were determined, but there was no way to know if they were incoming or outgoing or what order they were in. now, if its recent addresses, and incoming can be got, then
                                Spoiler:
                                the planet ronon and teyla were on is now a viable target since the atlantis crew kinda used midway to get to there.
                                Cantina Petition for Perma-sticky (or own subforum)

Comment

Working...
                                X