Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

David just posted an update. Includes spoilers for not only S4 but the web series Sanctuary. Also stuff on ADB, Starcrossed, Jason's new gf...
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
      David just posted an update. Includes spoilers for not only S4 but the web series Sanctuary. Also stuff on ADB, Starcrossed, Jason's new gf...
      Nothing really spoilery - except the metion of new wardrobe - this could be as simple as leather jackets like Sheppard wore a couple of times last year or it could mean that Atlantis is under new management and the uniforms of the crew have been changed (doubt that though, David Nykl aka Zeleneka said he'd be wearing the same old shirt in his blog)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_the_Wraith View Post
        Nothing really spoilery - except the metion of new wardrobe - this could be as simple as leather jackets like Sheppard wore a couple of times last year or it could mean that Atlantis is under new management and the uniforms of the crew have been changed (doubt that though, David Nykl aka Zeleneka said he'd be wearing the same old shirt in his blog)
        Yeah, well some people are spoilerphobic to the point of not wanting to know *anything* beforehand, including stuff like new wadrobe. Although if you are that spoilerphobic you shouldn't really be reading this thread, or coming into this subforum, even. Hm, maybe I'll go edit the first post to add a spoiler warning, just in case?

Anyway, I totally laughed when I saw David Nykl's comments about having the same old blue shirt -- yup, he's been wearing that shirt since S1, and in the meanwhile, I dunno how many different uniforms we've seen on Rodney! Considering that John's mostly stuck to black shirt and dark BDU's I'm pretty sure Rodney wins the contest for most costume changes hands down.

I couldn't tell how much of the Sanctuary stuff was meant seriously and how much was in jest, but it does seem that DH will have scenes together with Kavan Smith, which I'm sure would rock -- they were really great in Runner, and in all their scenes together since then.
        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

I have read 2-3 months ago an intresting rumour on the German SG-P website. There will be a new Atlantis attraction in the German Movie Park. They made special scenes with the actors just as a "bonus episode". Maybe the story of this show will be as a double episodes too in season 4, because the producers and the actors liked it.
          http://www.parkscout.de/artikel/neuh...izeitparks_nrw

I hope someone can translate this into English, because I didn't understand everything.

Eine weitere Umgestaltung erfährt auch der linke Teil des Filmparks. Während zur Zeit gerade die Achterbahn "Cop Car Chase" abgerissen wird, laufen die Vorbereitungen für einen neuen Themenbereich, der dort entstehen soll, auf Hochtouren. Wie dieser nun genau aussehen wird, will Stickel natürlich noch nicht verraten: Allerdings ist klar, daß die komplette Nordfassade des bisherigen Marienhofs den Bauarbeiten zum Opfer fällt. Fest steht auch, daß die bereits angekündigte neue Attraktion "Stargate Atlantis", übrigens eine Weltpremiere, Bestandteil dieses Bereichs sein wird. Interessant ist in diesem Zusammenhang übrigens, daß bei dem neuen Simulator tatsächlich eine 3D-Projektion in einer Kuppel zum Einsatz kommt – Brillen mit einer speziellen Spiralpolarisation machen es möglich.

Die Sitze, welche mit speziellen Effekten ausgestattet sind, befinden sich bei "Stargate Atlantis" auf einer Plattform, die innerhalb der Kuppel rotiert und sich bis zu einem gewissen Winkel neigen kann. Als Eröffnungsdatum für diese Neuheit gibt Stickel den 1. Juni 2007 an, allerdings wird es wohl bereits im Mai ein Soft-Opening geben. Der Film, der extra für diesen Simulator in den Originalstudios mit den Originaldarstellern gedreht wurde, fand bei Produzent MGM sogar soviel Anklang, daß darauf basierend eine Doppelfolge der Serie gedreht wird und einige der Schauspieler zur großen Eröffnung wohl auch nach Bottrop kommen werden. Da für "Stargate Atlantis" die Streckenführung der Studio-Tour geändert werden muß, wird deren Eingangsbereich wohl auch vom Hollywood Street Set in den neuen Themenbereich ganz in der Nähe des Filmmuseums gelegt.
          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
            I have read 2-3 months ago an intresting rumour on the German SG-P website. There will be a new Atlantis attraction in the German Movie Park. They made special scenes with the actors just as a "bonus episode". Maybe the story of this show will be as a double episodes too in season 4, because the producers and the actors liked it.

I hope someone can translate this into English, because I didn't understand everything.

Eine weitere Umgestaltung erfährt auch der linke Teil des Filmparks. Während zur Zeit gerade die Achterbahn "Cop Car Chase" abgerissen wird, laufen die Vorbereitungen für einen neuen Themenbereich, der dort entstehen soll, auf Hochtouren. Wie dieser nun genau aussehen wird, will Stickel natürlich noch nicht verraten: Allerdings ist klar, daß die komplette Nordfassade des bisherigen Marienhofs den Bauarbeiten zum Opfer fällt. Fest steht auch, daß die bereits angekündigte neue Attraktion "Stargate Atlantis", übrigens eine Weltpremiere, Bestandteil dieses Bereichs sein wird. Interessant ist in diesem Zusammenhang übrigens, daß bei dem neuen Simulator tatsächlich eine 3D-Projektion in einer Kuppel zum Einsatz kommt – Brillen mit einer speziellen Spiralpolarisation machen es möglich.

Die Sitze, welche mit speziellen Effekten ausgestattet sind, befinden sich bei "Stargate Atlantis" auf einer Plattform, die innerhalb der Kuppel rotiert und sich bis zu einem gewissen Winkel neigen kann. Als Eröffnungsdatum für diese Neuheit gibt Stickel den 1. Juni 2007 an, allerdings wird es wohl bereits im Mai ein Soft-Opening geben. Der Film, der extra für diesen Simulator in den Originalstudios mit den Originaldarstellern gedreht wurde, fand bei Produzent MGM sogar soviel Anklang, daß darauf basierend eine Doppelfolge der Serie gedreht wird und einige der Schauspieler zur großen Eröffnung wohl auch nach Bottrop kommen werden. Da für "Stargate Atlantis" die Streckenführung der Studio-Tour geändert werden muß, wird deren Eingangsbereich wohl auch vom Hollywood Street Set in den neuen Themenbereich ganz in der Nähe des Filmmuseums gelegt.
            um this is what i got as a translation... hehe not sure if the translator works all that well but oh well hehe

A further transformation experiences also the left part of the film park. While at present the straight roller coaster "copilot Car Chase" is torn off, the preparations for a new range of topics, which is to develop there, run on full speed. How this will look exact now, Stickel does not want to betray naturally yet: However it is clear that the complete north front of the past Marienhofs the construction work falls to the victim. It stands firmly also that the new attraction "star gate Atlantis" already announced will by the way be, a world premiere, a component of this range. Interesting by the way it is in this connection that with the new simulator a 3D-Projektion is actually used in a dome - eyeglasses with a special spiral polarization make it possible. The seats, which are equipped with special effects, are with "star gate Atlantis" on a platform, which can lean within the dome rotated and up to a certain angle. When opening date for this novelty indicates Stickel 1 June 2007, however it will probably already give in May a soft Opening. The film, which was turned specially for this simulator in the Originalstudios with the original actors, met with approval with producer MGM even as much the fact that based on it a double sequence of the series is turned and some the actor to the large opening to Bottrop will probably come. Since for "star gate Atlantis" the routing of the Studio route must be changed, their input area is probably put completely by the Hollywood Street set into the new range of topics in the proximity of the film museum.
            love this site... http://babelfish.altavista.com/
            Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
            ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
            Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

Thanks I knew that site, but I thought it will make mistranslation.
              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Thanks I knew that site, but I thought it will make mistranslation.
                it probably did hehe
                Spoiler:

"It gets sort of Zen after a while, Life is a Journey. Time is a River. The door is Ajar."
                ~ Waldo Butters, in Dead Beat by Jim Butcher
                Card designed by Falcon Horus

Comment

I'll translate the sequence you have highlighted, that is the only one involving any spoilers...

The movie that has been shot just for this simulator with the original cast in the original studios met with so much approval from MGM that a double episode based on this movie will be shot for the series. Some of the actors will probably come to the opening in Bottrop...

The last part has me especially excited

Although they have postponed the opening to next year...
                  *Sig by the wonderful and talented Pegasus_SGA*

Comment

I still can't believe we have to wait so long now for the new season. I guess I know now how others outside the US have felt.

Comment

Update on David Nykl's blog regarding the shooting of Doppleganger.
                      Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Thanks for the link.

If David Nykl write about "Honduras", is there any chance that the new powerful aliens will be the giants aliens from "chrystal skull"? Daniel and Jack went to Honduras in "Evolution" because of Daniel's grandfather (Nicholas Ballard), where they found a legendary long forgotten city. I think that aliens can't be in season 4, because their gosthly bodies are too expensive.

Comment

OOOOOOO now i cant wait till season 4 coming, so many possibility/ outcomes!!!! I CANT WAIT, even though i live in Australia and we usually dont show Season 3 until next year, i*mod snip*

No ford in season 4 more about wraith and Asurans/ New powerful race, very different from season2 and 3!!!!
                          Last edited by kiwigater; 04 March 2007, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Don't ask such things, because you accepted the forum rules!

Comment

Sorry guys, no talk about where to dl

Comment

This site has some info that is updated on a regular basis. Obviously has spoilers.

http://www.tv.com/stargate-atlantis/...own;dropdown;3

Comment

Working...
                                X