This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starxgate View Post
    Amanda Tapping is in the opening credits. I would think that the opening credits would feature

Carter
    John
    Teyla
    Ronon
    Rodney
    Actually, it would be
    John
    Teyla
    Ronon
    Carter
    Mckay
    or

John
    Teyla
    Ronon
    Mckay
    Carter

because, although Carter doesn't have lead role, she will be an important character.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
      Actually, it would be
      John
      Teyla
      Ronon
      Carter
      Mckay
      or

John
      Teyla
      Ronon
      Mckay
      Carter

because, although Carter doesn't have lead role, she will be an important character.
      Carter should be at the bottom, or let McKay have the bottom, as that would stand out more, but top, no way...

Comment

Agreed, there's no way that Tapping will be at the top of the main cast credits. She'll likely be between Momoa and Hewlett with some special designation.

Strait will most likely not be in the opening credits.

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
          Jewel Staite wont be in the credits as Kellar will only appear in eight episodes.

My guess is it will be like this.

Joe Flannigan
          Rachel Luttrell
          Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

and David Hewlitt as Dr. Mckay

If Torri is still in the credits, which I doubt if Weir is to be a recurring character, then she'll probably stay as 2nd billing.
          I think this is most likely.
          No way would the leading man lose the number one spot as that will have been negotiated in his original contract. SO JF number 1. I also think it's unlikely DH will give up the last spot either, as that will have been negotiated too, and from what I've read on a site about the order of the credits, that's the second most important place to be. So, I think we'll get something like:
          Joe Flanigan
          Rachel Luttrel
          Jason Momoa
          With Amanda Tapping as Col. Carter
          AND
          David Hewlett as Dr. Rodney McKay.
          Something like that?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Yeade View Post
            David Nykl in his blog Letters From Pegasus:
            NICE!

I love Zelenka and I'm glad he's getting some screen time.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Everyone please note:
              Please keep this thread to information directly related to the shooting of S4, so as not to replicate discussion in other threads. Thanks!
              Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
              Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
              -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by BJX View Post
                Jewel Staite wont be in the credits as Kellar will only appear in eight episodes.

My guess is it will be like this.

Joe Flannigan
                Rachel Luttrell
                Jason Mamoa

with Amanda Tapping

and David Hewlitt as Dr. Mckay

If Torri is still in the credits, which I doubt if Weir is to be a recurring character, then she'll probably stay as 2nd billing.
                I think you are right about that. AT will most likely just take Paul's place in the credits. It will be Joe as the first one, and David will be the "and" as he is just as important of a character as Sheppard. I suppose another way to take it would be to place AT as 2nd (as Torri likely won't be in credits), but I strongly think she will be between Jason and David.

Comment

Originally posted by ToasterOnFire View Post
                  Agreed, there's no way that Tapping will be at the top of the main cast credits. She'll likely be between Momoa and Hewlett with some special designation.

Strait will most likely not be in the opening credits.
                  I seriously doubt she'd be put at the fore of the credits. I think you're probably right with your suggestion here. She'll either be "With Amanda Tapping as..." or "And Amanda Tapping as..." either before or after David.

Truth is, although I'm happy to hear she'll be listed in the credits, I don't care where she is in the credits...as long as her picture is pretty.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
                    I seriously doubt she'd be put at the fore of the credits. I think you're probably right with your suggestion here. She'll either be "With Amanda Tapping as..." or "And Amanda Tapping as..." either before or after David.

Truth is, although I'm happy to hear she'll be listed in the credits, I don't care where she is in the credits...as long as her picture is pretty.
                    And hopefully the main credits don't suck like s. 2 and 3's sucked. And they better fix Jason Momoa's picture. looked horrible.
                    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

I've asked Joe about Amanda's placement in the credits. Hopefully we'll get an answer a few hours from now.

Comment

Enough. Order of the cast in the main credits is not information directly related to the filming of S4. Please take it to another thread. Thank you.
                        Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                        Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                        -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                          The most prestigious spots in the credits are the first two and the last one. Amanda will get one of those three spots.

Poor Torri will be lucky to get a guest star credit the way things are looking right now.
                          Quick question: can you tell me who's gonna win the next World Cup? I want to put down a bet now while the odds will be really high

Comment

Guys, how about we keep this to the rumors and tidbits - ie stuff culled from blogs and interviews.

Let's leave the credit speculation to another thread, along with expressions of dissatisfaction of said credits.
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
                              The fact that they've confirmed that Amanda will be in the opening credits proves that we've been lied to about her being recurring. No recurring character gets into the opening credits.

She's doing 14 episodes. Paul McGillion had 15 episodes in season 2. That's regular, not recurring. I think they used the word recurring so that people wouldn't get even more upset about it than they are.

The most prestigious spots in the credits are the first two and the last one. Amanda will get one of those three spots.

Poor Torri will be lucky to get a guest star credit the way things are looking right now.
                              The recent press release threw any speculation about recurirng out the window. AT is joining the cast. If you're recurring, you're recurring. You're not joining the cast then. AT will be in the main credits along with Joe F, et al. Torri, on teh other hand, is now recurring, and will no doubt NOT be in those credits.

Look at this way.

Amanda's a full time employee.
                              Torri's now a temp.

JM's blog confirmed the credits while Skiffy's press release confirmed her being a regular.

Comment

You know what, I think I will send a leter to Sci-fi Channel to go back to the 10 second beginnings just so people here stop complaining about the lame credits!

Comment

Working...
                                X