Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael King of the Wraith in Season 4 (First Strike Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Copernicus View Post
    Michael is going to need more than just Superbugs for him to continue to be a viable character into season four. Let's face it: the guy is just going to really lonely if he has a bunch of henchmen with naught more than half a brain between them. This was the one problem I had with Vengenace, in fact. The guy's attitude says he wants be part of some group, be it Wraith, human, or some third group we do not know, but his actions are one of a megalomaniacal, and stereotypical, bad guy. I will be the first to admit that Fifth from SG1 was a badly handled character, but Michael's character should have been a similar character with (hopefully) better writing to back him, not the mad scientist of Vengeance. The leap from when we last saw Michael (Misbegotten?) to Vengeance seems illogical.
    Did he say he wanted to be part of a group in Vengeance? I thought he said that now all he wanted was to survive and to do that, he needed protection, and so the superbugs, which in turn are making him feel that maybe he could do more than just survive if he had an army of superbugs...He no longer feels threatened. Instead, he's become a potential threat.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexD View Post
      Did he say he wanted to be part of a group in Vengeance? I thought he said that now all he wanted was to survive and to do that, he needed protection, and so the superbugs, which in turn are making him feel that maybe he could do more than just survive if he had an army of superbugs...He no longer feels threatened. Instead, he's become a potential threat.
      No, but that's my point. I don't understand why his priorities have changed so drastically. If he were prone to giving up on people and fending for himself he would not have tried to rejoin a hive in Misbegotten, but he was willing to give his people another chance. That's not something you do unless your commitment to finding a place where you are accepted runs deeper than any betrayal can break. I find it difficult to believe that the second betrayal pushed him so drastically in the other direction that he would not at least try to create something he could relate to rather than just order around.

Maslow's need recognition theory, the common starting point for assessing motivations, does not jump from security to domination. The next step after security is a sense of belonging. Granted, I'm not sure you can apply a human theory to Wraith, but part of Michael's intrigue was supposed to be that he showed how similar Wraith and humans could be. The jump from staying alive to dominating Pegasus seems implausible on psychological grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by ChelApophis View Post
        I don't think the wraith would bow to Michael , since he is unclean. Don't know , maybe he can force them with his superbugs( I hope those things will get a name). In any case he will be trouble for Atlantis.
        We will just have to wait and see what happens
        sigpic

Comment

I like the Asurans more than the Wraith, but it would be nice if they can at least come to some sort of close to the Wraith, like with the Genii.

Currenlty we know almost nothing about the wraith… we know they must have evolved, and that the Ancients once more had their finger in the pie!

But the storyline is so vague about what actually happened!

Comment

Working...
          X