This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
    Only so far it's nto erally a war, is it?
    I mean, really.

(spilers 4X01-4X10)
    Spoiler:
    We hear the distant voices of war. We've even seen a devestated planet, but other than that.... The Atlantis team ahs been in war with the Wraith since day one. They have always been in war with the Asurans since Progeny. As long as there's no real effect on the lives of the team, their day-to-day activity - abnd the epsides we see on screen, it's not really a war. SG1's season 9 felt much more like a war that this year, TBH, and that was before war was declared, actually.
    Saying "We're at war" doesn;t cut it out for me.
    let's wait
    Spoiler:
    for BAMSR and SoW
    sigpic
    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      let's wait
      Spoiler:
      for BAMSR and SoW
      But woudl it matter then? i think not.
      Spoiler:
      The point of a war arc is for it to be an arc. You can't have a couple of "war" episodes and say - look! there's a war! It's here! It affects my characters! There's a war arc!... it doesn't work this way. As I said, look at SG1 season 9 - On the first half, episodes 1-3 were an introduction of the problem. Episode 4, while not directly revolving around it, used the Orii problem as a story element. Episode 5 was full blown "we're in deep ****". As was 6... etc etc. You could see how the Orii have become an immediate, significant problem.
      Another show that could servge as an example would be Babylon 5. Look at the way they've done a war arc there. You could argue that there shoudl ahev been a lot less war episodes in B5 - as it spun over more than 3 seasons! But in any episode it felt like there's a war going on. And it matters. And it changes the cahracters adn they can't run away frmo the war.

It doesn't feel like that in SGA, and I doubt that 2 episodes are going to make a difference...
      Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
      Yes, I am!
      sigpic
      Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
      Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
      Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

Originally posted by Pitry View Post
        But woudl it matter then? i think not.
        Spoiler:
        The point of a war arc is for it to be an arc. You can't have a couple of "war" episodes and say - look! there's a war! It's here! It affects my characters! There's a war arc!... it doesn't work this way. As I said, look at SG1 season 9 - On the first half, episodes 1-3 were an introduction of the problem. Episode 4, while not directly revolving around it, used the Orii problem as a story element. Episode 5 was full blown "we're in deep ****". As was 6... etc etc. You could see how the Orii have become an immediate, significant problem.
        Another show that could servge as an example would be Babylon 5. Look at the way they've done a war arc there. You could argue that there shoudl ahev been a lot less war episodes in B5 - as it spun over more than 3 seasons! But in any episode it felt like there's a war going on. And it matters. And it changes the cahracters adn they can't run away frmo the war.

It doesn't feel like that in SGA, and I doubt that 2 episodes are going to make a difference...
        I didn't quote you because I disagree
        Spoiler:
        you're certainly right so far it hasn't been much of a war, however this should change in BAMSR and SoW. after that it'll be one ep at a time again - but that's ok imo because I never expected anything else. it's always been this way, SG-1 and SGA. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 as those shows are very different. same goes for DS9 which also had a major story arc
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
          I didn't quote you because I disagree
          Spoiler:
          you're certainly right so far it hasn't been much of a war, however this should change in BAMSR and SoW. after that it'll be one ep at a time again - but that's ok imo because I never expected anything else. it's always been this way, SG-1 and SGA. I wouldn't compare Atlantis with B5 as those shows are very different. same goes for DS9 which also had a major story arc
          I agree but I see his point. Seasons 9 and 10 had season long arcs revolving around the Ori. So far the war with the Asurans and Wraith has been off screen however it won't be for long. This season is going to be massive revolving around the war starting with BAMSR.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Lol @ Geni, wut have they done other than offer Rhonin and Teyla jobs last season?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I agree but I see his point. Seasons 9 and 10 had season long arcs revolving around the Ori. So far the war with the Asurans and Wraith has been off screen however it won't be for long. This season is going to be massive revolving around the war starting with BAMSR.
              You're in for a surprise.
              Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
              encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
              3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
              4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
              5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                What's your point? That still doesn't mean that the Asurans are one of the Wraiths enemies.
                Whats the last episode that you've seen?

Comment

Originally posted by MartianManhunter View Post
                  Whats the last episode that you've seen?
                  Use your brain.

Comment

Use your brain.
                    I use my brain all the time(I don't have much choice in the matter), but obviously you havent seen season 4 or else you would have known that the Wraith & Asurans are enemies, so my brain says season 3?

Comment

I use my brain all the time(I don't have much choice in the matter), but obviously you havent seen season 4 or else you would have known that the Wraith & Asurans are enemies, so my brain says season 3?
                      Your brain fails, think harder. Look at my post more closely.

Comment

For a true "war arc", I direct you to Stargate: Horizon season three (okay, starting with the Season Two finale...). Their Vorian Civil War arc was incredible, and I daresay one of the best in any Stargate series.
                        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Your brain fails, think harder. Look at my post more closely.
                          Really, I thought for sure that I was on the money with that one. Well is cant be season 1/2 because you know about the Asurans so that only leaves, season 4?

Comment

Really, I thought for sure that I was on the money with that one. Well is cant be season 1/2 because you know about the Asurans so that only leaves, season 4?

Comment

^I think you were correct, I wasn't using my brain(at all).

Comment

Well while I don't watch much Sg-1 (Seasons 9 & 10 only) I did just see something in the episode 200 which I thought might explain the whole now you see it now you don't element of the arc. Hanging Lanterns anyone.

Comment

Working...
                                X