Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Season 4 section up on GateWorld's front page!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My guess is that it's a reunion with Earth.

Say hello to my little friend!!

Comment

Originally posted by sgeureka View Post
      Why not a reunion with
      Spoiler:
      Carter?
      We know that character will have several appearances in S4, and this kind of reunion will bring some kind of easy to the Atlantis expedition, while at the same time not making it some kind of cop-out.

This would also go with Joe Mallozzi's mention of action vs. character driven (i.e. that character or McKay for instance) in this episode.

Seems reasonable to me:

Spoiler:
      Carter and McKay reunited (remember they have even been married in one other alt univ we've seen), so to speak, and more specifically an Earth rep with the drifting Atlantis expedition. Plus, it fits in with her having a ship - probably one specially modified for deep space searches.

Comment

doppelganger haahahhahahaa !! rofl
        Hallowed are the Ori !!!
        Follow the path of the Enlightment !
        Why Sg1 !!?? Why not me!!?? Why !!??

Comment

I was wondering if people would respond at all to whenever I start a thread myself. This should be huge news!

Comment

after reading about the episode names i am very excited about season 4 i wonder what will doppelganger will be about and the seer?
            cant wait to find out

Comment

I wonder if Reunion is the return of Weir. We don’t know yet what happens at the end of First Strike but I’d hazard a guess that she’s taken by the Asurans, which will cover a 14ep. Story arc. The Past stories 'Progeny & The Real World' ep. might come into play along the way.

One Scenario
              Spoiler:
              Reunion, Doubleganger, The Seer
              Weir returns only for them to find out she’s a replica in Doubleganger, They track down a Seer (fortune-teller) to help in there seach.

Adrift and Lifeline Atlantis base stories
              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

I'm really looking forward to season 4 and after seeing this I am looking forward even more. It's sad though that scifi has to approve the episodes. Still they all look good.
                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Well seer sound like a interesting episode, hoping it involve the wraith, perhaps a wraith seer comes to Atlantis telling of the end of the wraith, perhaps asking for the Atlantis expedition, it would make a interesting twist to the wraith story, especially if the team was force to help the wraith survive, for their own survival sake, perhaps Micheal started to expand his bug collection, and is attacking his own kind.

The adrift episode sound like it could be a cool opening the series. Hopefully we see something other than a end to a battle for once, but really sounds good them cutting the expedition off from earth, but with sam impending arrival, we all know it cannot last for long. Unless sam also gets cut from earth some how, in her rescue attempt.

Reunion sounds like a interesting ep, one ronon, someone from his past, perhaps explaining were he got his weapon in the first place or more back story of him as a runner. But it could be a teyla episode.

Or perhaps we meet that wraith cannot remember who return shepherd life to him.

Comment

Anybody else remember the line from the poem on Joe's blog???

Spoiler:
                    Receive a grand gift from an all-seeing shaman.
                    "Seer" anyone???
                    McKay : (incredibly high pitched) HEEEY! IT'S MISTER MOM! How are the kids??

Zelenka: Do not even SPEAK to me.

Comment

Originally posted by ata_beckett View Post
                      Anybody else remember the line from the poem on Joe's blog???

Spoiler:

"Seer" anyone???
                      I originally wanted to diqualify this assumption, but I found you could be right.

The rhyme touches on every episode in the back half of Atlantis season 3 (no front half references), as well as a good chunk of the stories we're working on for season 4. (source)
                      No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                      (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Ah, I hadn't seen that poem dingus before...it's kind of awful

"Adrift" does sound like it could fit nearly any storyline in which Atlantis is cut off from Earth, but my wild guess is still that

Spoiler:
                        All or part (the control tower only?) of the city is set "adrift" in space. Maybe Weir has to make the decision to launch the city (without her on it) in order to save it?

But they'll have to have a damn good Season 3 finale for me to watch it all, and if "parenthood" is really part of their Season 4 plans, my hopes aren't high.

Comment

My guesses:

Adrift: The city will stay on the surface of the ocean, because they won't replace every CGI shots. Maybe the city won't able to stay in one place, so the sea quotation will bring them to the continent or to the ice pole. It will be a bit similar to "Titanic", if some icemountains will be near of the city. Maybe the whales will help to leave this cold area.

Reunion: The SG-1 will arrive to Pegasus. Amanda Tapping can't be in the first two episode (4x01-4x02), because she will be in the first SG-1 movie. I think she will be the captain of Odussey (just as in The Shroud), but I don't know why we need the Apollo, Odussey and Daedalus there. I would like to see a new Asgard or a captured minor Ori ship. The SG-1 will travel back, but Carter will stay.
                          My earlier thought was that Amanda Tapping will appear in 14 Atlantis episode, but will she play only Carter? I think that the Asurans will re-create RepliCarter from her mind. I would like to see her as an enemy in some episode.
                          "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Remember that its the middle of April before they start filming the Stargate movies. That being the case Amanda Tapping would probably be available for the first 2 or 3 episodes of Season 4 as Atlantis usually starts filming in March does it not?

If they are filming 240 minutes worth of entertainment (2 two hour movies) that roughly equates to 6 episodes of SG-1. So if we look at it like that then that means 6 episodes of Atlantis will be filmed whilst the SG-1 movies are being shot. That would leave us with 14 episodes exactly meaning she would have to be in every episode shot when the SG-1 movies aren't being taped.

So basically she is going to have to be in the beginning of Season 4 then disappear for a bit before reappearing for the whole second half of the season. That would suggest to me she is a resident in Atlantis as opposed to commanding he own ship.

If i'm talking nonsense then shoot me down. I'm brainstorming here.

Comment

Just had a thought about Doubleganger
                              Spoiler:

Could it be Koyla? If you ask me I think he went down a bit to easy in Irresponsible... maybe a twin or clone?
                              BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Fifer View Post
                                So basically she is going to have to be in the beginning of Season 4 then disappear for a bit before reappearing for the whole second half of the season. That would suggest to me she is a resident in Atlantis as opposed to commanding he own ship.

If i'm talking nonsense then shoot me down. I'm brainstorming here.
                                In the past few years, it happened quite often(!) that the second or third episode of the season got shot first. We can't really speculate who will appear in what episode based on when an episode is supposed to air.

You're right though about a correlation between how many episodes AT will appear in, and shooting the movies.
                                No, 'Eureka' is Greek for 'This bath is too hot.'

"Because only an extremely deranged individual would think of doing what we're doing."
                                (LOST producer Damon Lindelof, May 2007)

Comment

Working...
                                X