Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want her in all as well, what's the possibility of that to happen?

It would be fair that she's in at least as many as AT is, I think.

Right from the start when we first got this news of Torri becoming recurring, when BW said "back for some time" I had this bad feeling that this means like only 4 episodes, I REALLY hope I'm wrong. If that is true, then that's exactly how many episodes of next season I intend to watch.
    Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
    at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

I hope they move her back to lead in S5 if it's done. It's too bad that's she's being reduced to recurring, she is a very important character for atlantis. She was there from the first episode, and she's the one that basically sparked off atlantis, after appearing in SG-1, she's like... the center of it all. If they move her to recurring, I hope they do something good with AT, not just get her in there for no real reason.
      My heart beats in 13/8.

Comment

Originally posted by metabog View Post
        I hope they move her back to lead in S5 if it's done. It's too bad that's she's being reduced to recurring, she is a very important character for atlantis. She was there from the first episode, and she's the one that basically sparked off atlantis, after appearing in SG-1, she's like... the center of it all. If they move her to recurring, I hope they do something good with AT, not just get her in there for no real reason.
        Meh, I really really hope so.
        Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
        Yes, I am!
        sigpic
        Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
        Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
        Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I'll probably have quit watching by season five if this show continues to go the way it appears to be going, which is the new PTB dumping or demoting all the characters M&M aren't very good at writing. I loved Atlantis because it was and has been much more character-centric than SG-1. Changing that means I just can't care anymore. Hurts too much to care when I know that they don't.

Comment

These are major spoilers for 3x20
            Spoiler:
            I really hope that they aren't killing her off, because she isn't even seen after this happened.... I think Tori is an amazing actress and she has totally made this character great, despite the writers' lack of being able to write females well/realistic/non-stereotypically.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikaeru View Post
              These are major spoilers for 3x20
              Spoiler:
              I really hope that they aren't killing her off, because she isn't even seen after this happened.... I think Tori is an amazing actress and she has totally made this character great, despite the writers' lack of being able to write females well/realistic/non-stereotypically.

Actually, she is seen
              Spoiler:
              on a stretcher. Keller is standing over her as Shep comes in to find out what happened. Liz is unconscious and in bad shape but still there.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Spoiler:
                If she's going to be recurring, she obviously won't die, but this as well as the mention of stepping down due to lack of "respect" from the military at least gives her "departure" some sort of merit, unlike Carson's.

I like seeing plot twists like this where major characters are in danger but I don't like it when it affects their screen time. I hope too that she comes back in a possible S5 with a full head of steam

Comment

I had no problem with her missing an episode here and there, so long as she was a main character. Her journey from the gov't toadie in "New Order" to Atlantis and beyond was compelling to me, even though I completely disagreed with her command decisions later on re: Michael and afterwards (but you could tell that was the writer's decisions...the REAL Weir wouldn't have made those mistakes).

If they were to whittle her down to be back 'for a while' I hope it's dignified. In some ways I feel a 'Viking' ending in a blaze of glory would have been better than being turned into a prop for small scenes, but we'll see.

Still it's sad...
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Hyperspace View Post
                    I had no problem with her missing an episode here and there, so long as she was a main character. Her journey from the gov't toadie in "New Order" to Atlantis and beyond was compelling to me, even though I completely disagreed with her command decisions later on re: Michael and afterwards (but you could tell that was the writer's decisions...the REAL Weir wouldn't have made those mistakes).

If they were to whittle her down to be back 'for a while' I hope it's dignified. In some ways I feel a 'Viking' ending in a blaze of glory would have been better than being turned into a prop for small scenes, but we'll see.

Still it's sad...
                    Exactly. When SGA started, I didn't liek Elizabeth at all, I felt she was just there to make boring speeches and approve whatever it was Sheppard wanted to do. There were season 1 episodes afterwhich I felt the character could grow on me - namely, Hot Zone, Before I Sleep and Letters from Pegasdus. That was the Weir I wanted to see. She was gone again for season 2, but come season 3 she was there all the time. I loved that journey of the character, I love that side of Weir, and as a result of that being Weir, she's become one of my favourite characters, second only to Rodney. It was agreat character journey and I want to see that Weir.
                    Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?
                    Yes, I am!
                    sigpic
                    Improved and unfuzzy banner being the result of more of Caldwell's 2IC sick, yet genuis, mind.
                    Help Pitry win a competition! Listen to Kula Shaker's new single
                    Peter Pan R.I.P

Comment

I cant believe they gonna make weir a recurring role. In season 3 we get to see more about weir, its gonna suck if we have to see less of her.

Comment

If they pull a RSF on Weir, that will be very disappointing -- I didn't get it when Ford disappeared from the show at the time... Anyway she is supposed to be in a major arc story, but if an arc story is about 2 to 4 eps, that's dodgy 'recurring' to me. I hope she ends up at the very least in 15 eps.

Somebody in the forum mentioned Replicator-Weir and Wraith-Weir... An evil replicator would be interesting... *resistance is futile*

Comment

Weir is too important of a character to be dumped completely. I think even TPTB knows that. Maybe the recurring thing is a money saving move and as long as Tori is still willing to continue with a lesser role (for the time being), I think the chances are good Weir will be around in SGA for the duration of the show.
                          I just love shows about wormholes!

Comment

Originally posted by Quinn Mallory View Post
                            Weir is too important of a character to be dumped completely. I think even TPTB knows that. Maybe the recurring thing is a money saving move and as long as Tori is still willing to continue with a lesser role (for the time being), I think the chances are good Weir will be around in SGA for the duration of the show.
                            I actually thought about that too, and that it might be temporary.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexD View Post
                              If they pull a RSF on Weir, that will be very disappointing -- I didn't get it when Ford disappeared from the show at the time... Anyway she is supposed to be in a major arc story, but if an arc story is about 2 to 4 eps, that's dodgy 'recurring' to me. I hope she ends up at the very least in 15 eps.

Somebody in the forum mentioned Replicator-Weir and Wraith-Weir... An evil replicator would be interesting... *resistance is futile*
                              @ 15 eps she would have stayed in the credits. I'd bet on 6 @ most. Maybe more, but then there'll be a lot of waiting by her bedside type stuff. I liked Wier, the only problem is that her decision making and moral code were extremely inconsistent. I read on Gateworld that Torri would constantly object about this to the writers. Hey, maybe annoying TPTB is what is getting her written out.....

It's too bad.
                              sigpic
                              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                              ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                                @ 15 eps she would have stayed in the credits. I'd bet on 6 @ most. Maybe more, but then there'll be a lot of waiting by her bedside type stuff. I liked Wier, the only problem is that her decision making and moral code were extremely inconsistent. I read on Gateworld that Torri would constantly object about this to the writers. Hey, maybe annoying TPTB is what is getting her written out.....

It's too bad.
                                I read that too. It's important to note that this decision was made well before the season ended and before AT was cast. It's likely that trouble between her and TPTB are the cause of this and it is posibile that AT will eventually take the reigns.
                                Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                                "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                                Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X