This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Ofcourse you may, you can suggest anything you like. But this is a forum, for discussion, I'll give honest opinions regrdless of any 'feelings' people may have about certain fictional characters...
    I certainly have no problems with you or any other poster giving their honest opinions. But my understanding of the forum rules is that we are supposed to respect other posters' feelings while doing so. Your statements in this thread has consistently come off as being dismissive of how people feel about "certain fictional characters." When called on this, you hide behind the excuse of "that's just my honest opinion." I believe it takes only a little effort to phrase our statements in such a way as to state our "honest opinions" while being respectful of others. All it takes, really, is the willingness to do so.
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

:nods: Well said Night Spring
      He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
      He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
      And he's wonderful.

Comment

I think the character of Elizabeth Weir is good for Atlantis, therefore she should be in as many episodes as possible. However, in many respects her character is already reduced and has been for most of the show when compared with Sheppard and his team for example. I was always surprised that TH was cast as second billing as her screentime has been somewhat limited in many episodes already. And when they gave us a Elizabeth Weir episode, it didn't work so well.

Now I don't want to lose her altogether but maybe they are just getting things into prospective where her character is concerned. Just as long as it's not to make way for more SG1 people on SGA, then I'm happy.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
          Well I disagree on this. I like Weir as a character and don't want to see her written off like that. I want her to remain in the show as commander of the base and be in a good number of eps.
          I agree. There is no reason why we can't have Carter AND Weir together as leaders.

I want Weir as a full cast member and I will not accept anything less.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
            I certainly have no problems with you or any other poster giving their honest opinions. But my understanding of the forum rules is that we are supposed to respect other posters' feelings while doing so. Your statements in this thread has consistently come off as being dismissive of how people feel about "certain fictional characters." When called on this, you hide behind the excuse of "that's just my honest opinion." I believe it takes only a little effort to phrase our statements in such a way as to state our "honest opinions" while being respectful of others. All it takes, really, is the willingness to do so.
            I'll respect other people opinions, but I couldn't care less how they 'feel' about certain characters. It's seems far too hypocritical to me, surely there are people who feel that Weir should be removed, so why aren't the 'pro' statements worded with a bit more 'respect' towards them, because most people have posted in the say way I have, but just with a different opinion... do you think they are being disrespectful too?

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
              I agree. There is no reason why we can't have Carter AND Weir together as leaders.

I wish, but I don't think tptb know what to do with female characters. For now the only thing that would help would be to know how many episodes she'll be in, and her level of participation, she's my favorite character, and the uncertainty has soured my viewing of this show.

Comment

Originally posted by Suzotchka View Post
                So what are you going to do when they ditch her or reduce her role? Stop watching? Start yet another campaign? Picket the studios?
                sigpic
                "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                  So what are you going to do when they ditch her or reduce her role? Stop watching? Start yet another campaign? Picket the studios?
                  Yes. That's exactly it. We already have a campaign and a website. And I fully intend to make it clear to TPTB and to SCI-FI that this viewer (me) is not happy with the changes being made, will not watch the show and will be happy to cancel my subscription to the Sci-Fi channel.

Comment

Originally posted by Astraldust View Post
                    And when they gave us a Elizabeth Weir episode, it didn't work so well.

Now I don't want to lose her altogether but maybe they are just getting things into prospective where her character is concerned. Just as long as it's not to make way for more SG1 people on SGA, then I'm happy.
                    Speak for yourself! I adored The Real World.

Also, go take a look at the newest casting spoilers on Mallozzi's blog -
                    Spoiler:
                    Teal'c AND Carter on Atlantis during season four? This show is becoming SG-1: Atlantis.
                    >_<

Comment

Originally posted by Trialia View Post
                      Speak for yourself! I adored The Real World.
                      Me too! One of my all-time favorite SGA episodes.
                      Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                      at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Ivanova View Post
                        I did stop watching as soon as I heard about her reduced role in season 4, the show wouldn't be the same without her, not to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          I'll respect other people opinions, but I couldn't care less how they 'feel' about certain characters. It's seems far too hypocritical to me, surely there are people who feel that Weir should be removed, so why aren't the 'pro' statements worded with a bit more 'respect' towards them, because most people have posted in the say way I have, but just with a different opinion... do you think they are being disrespectful too?
                          Being pro-Weir myself, it's difficult for me to say whether the pro-Weir opinions have been disrespectful to anti-Weir posters or not. I *can* say that if someone were to point out that they were offended by something I said, then the first thing I'd do is to apologize for that, even if I did so unintentionally.

You say you respect other people's opinions, but you don't care about their feelings. To me, respecting other people's opinions and caring about their feelings is just two ways of saying the same thing. So I'm having a very hard time understanding how you think you can do one without doing the other.
                          Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
                          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
                          -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
                            To me, respecting other people's opinions and caring about their feelings is just two ways of saying the same thing. So I'm having a very hard time understanding how you think you can do one without doing the other.
                            I wouldn't bother if I were you, really, the key with some posters is to just ignore them, specially when it's someone who just likes to stir the pot.

Comment

I also thought The Real World was one of the best SGA episodes they have done. It showcased Torri in such a way that it was impossible to ignore what a good actress she is. If you take a close look at the episode thread, you see lots of people who profess not to like her character who agree that Torri did a good job. If there was any problem with that episode, it should be laid directly at the feet of TPTB. It continues to baffle me why they don't take more advantage of her acting abilities. Just look at the last few episodes when she has had scenes with Teyla, McKay and Carson *sobs* that are just lovely moments and show real screen chemistry in all those situations. Chemistry doesn't always have to be romantic. *runs away from ship* She should be given a bigger role, not reduced. And for the good of the show that we all love, bunches of fans are trying to get TPTB to realize that.
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

While I don't want to see her go the way of Ford, I don't mind a reduced number of episodes as long as they're of quality.

Comment

Working...
                                X