This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    My point was he wasnt in every ep and still had alot of screentime and so far I've heard nothing to tell me that Weir won't be in a substantial amount of episodes.
    And the point I've been trying to make is that when Hammond had the "lot of screentime" you are talking about, he was a *main cast member*. Weir, otoh, is being demoted to "recurring." So, to me, it seems logical to conclude that Weir will have less screentime than Hammond did in SG-1 S1-S7.
    Keep Carson. Keep Elizabeth.
    Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14
    -Clueless Lemming Cretin-

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
      If they do that, and it's not something that's been Torri's choice (which I really doubt it would be), then it's a disgusting way to treat the lead actress in their series. Whoever's behind the decision, I hope they see the error of their ways. It's really just beyond belief.
      I doubt they'd feel *too* guilty offing her. Just look at what they've done to Paul McGillion, he LOVED the show and his character.
      ...And now he has moved to L.A. to actually find a job.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by alyssa
        Jenks is obviously a Weir hater. That much is clear from other posts, which are also aimed at ****stirring.
        My opinions are my opinons, if you don't like them that's your problem, maybe you should deal with it. I aren't going to sugarcoat what I think is best for the show just to keep YOU happy. There are plenty of people who don't like Weir, but they don't bother voicing their opinions because there are people like YOU who will attack them. This is a neutral thread where all opinions are welcome, deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          My opinions are my opinons, if you don't like them that's your problem, maybe you should deal with it. I aren't going to sugarcoat what I think is best for the show just to keep YOU happy. There are plenty of people who don't like Weir, but they don't bother voicing their opinions because there are people like YOU who will attack them. This is a neutral thread where all opinions are welcome, deal with it.
          Well, you *can* state your opinions while being respectful of others'. It doesn't take a lot of effort. If you had started your post with something like, "I, for one, hope that..." I doubt anyone would have been offended. But starting out, as you did, with "Hopefully..." comes off as being dismissive of people who don't hold the same opinion as you.
          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Don't mind him. There are always individuals who love to start trouble and haven't learned what the words "Politness" and "respect" in their life.

As some other people here have already pointed out, I don't think the PTBs care too much what the actors think. It is more or less up to us to make them realize that they have done something incredibly stupid. The PTBs will either acknowldege their mistakes, complain bitterly (that's what Chris Carter did - he was furious at the fans because we didn't watch his precious show anymore and simply told him that all his brilliant new ideas were crap) or just ignore us and wonder why the ratings drop in the cellar.
            He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
            He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
            And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
              Well, you *can* state your opinions while being respectful of others'. It doesn't take a lot of effort. If you had started your post with something like, "I, for one, hope that..." I doubt anyone would have been offended. But starting out, as you did, with "Hopefully..." comes off as being dismissive of people who don't hold the same opinion as you.
              There are plenty of people of the opposite opinion to me starting sentences in such a way, why should I have to be the one to change just because my opinion is different?

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                Don't mind him. There are always individuals who love to start trouble and haven't learned what the words "Politness" and "respect" in their life.
                Explain to me what exactly is impolite or disrespectful in my post. I respect everyones opinion and I don't throw a hissy fit and red people when they voice one that I don't agree with. I'm not going to change my opinion because a few people don't like it and I aren't going to keep quiet because some people attack me. My opinion is as valid as anyone elses, if anyone needs a lesson in being polite and showing respect it's people like you and alyssa. If you can't exept other peoples views you don't agree with then I suggest you stick to the pro and anti threads, whichever ones suit you.

Comment

I, for one, hope that Weir is in as few episodes as possible because I could frankly care less one bit if she is in Season 4 as I can't stand the character.
                  "May God stand between you and harm in all the empty places where you must walk." - Susan Ivanova

"The universe is run by the complex interweaving of three elements. Energy, matter, and enlightened self-interest. " - Citizen G'Kar

"I will see you again, in the place where no shadows fall." - Delenn

Comment

Explain to me what exactly is impolite or disrespectful in my post. I respect everyones opinion and I don't throw a hissy fit and red people when they voice one that I don't agree with. I'm not going to change my opinion because a few people don't like it and I aren't going to keep quiet because some people attack me. My opinion is as valid as anyone elses, if anyone needs a lesson in being polite and showing respect it's people like you and alyssa. If you can't exept other peoples views you don't agree with then I suggest you stick to the pro and anti threads, whichever ones suit you.
                    The wording of your post and yes you were impolite by stomping gleefully on others feelings. I respect other opinions and I have no problems that not everyone likes Weir but the way you wrote your post was hurtful, that is all I am going to say about it.
                    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
                    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
                    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Lets just hope they ent gunna kill weir off too as well as carlson.

DONT BE PRATTS!!!
                      This is Colonel Steven Caldwell
                      Commander of the Earth ship Daedalus
                      we are ready to assist you!

" open up those bays all batteries "

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
                        The wording of your post and yes you were impolite by stomping gleefully on others feelings. I respect other opinions and I have no problems that not everyone likes Weir but the way you wrote your post was hurtful, that is all I am going to say about it.
                        Stomping gleefully on others feelings? She's a character from a TV show! I'll never get my head 'round that...

Comment

Stomping gleefully on others feelings? She's a character from a TV show! I'll never get my head 'round that...
                          Seeing how this is a *fan* forum, I think it's to be expected that there are people around who have strong feelings about the show and various aspects of the show, including, yes, the characters. If you can't respect that, then may I respectfully suggest you reconsider your participation here?
                          Keep Atlantis.

Lemming #14

Image by Cailliath

Comment

Originally posted by Orion's Star View Post
                            I, for one, hope that Weir is in as few episodes as possible because I could frankly care less one bit if she is in Season 4 as I can't stand the character.
                            Well I disagree on this. I like Weir as a character and don't want to see her written off like that. I want her to remain in the show as commander of the base and be in a good number of eps.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Same. She's the leader of the expedition. She should be in as many episodes as possible. With a reduced role, I have a feeling the character will become a lot more bearable for the people who don't like her.
                              I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Seeing how this is a *fan* forum, I think it's to be expected that there are people around who have strong feelings about the show and various aspects of the show, including, yes, the characters. If you can't respect that, then may I respectfully suggest you reconsider your participation here?
                                Ofcourse you may, you can suggest anything you like. But this is a forum, for discussion, I'll give honest opinions regrdless of any 'feelings' people may have about certain fictional characters...

Comment

Working...
                                X