Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PRO Carter on SGA season 4 & 5 spoilers (positive discussion only)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
    Jonas was the perfect example of replacing a character. IMO no one could've replaced Daniel because of both how good a character he is and his importance in the show. That being said, Jonas was brought in perfectly. He was dynamic, fairly well rounded, and while he was featured, he wasn't shoved down our throats.
    The problem with Mitchell: From an artistic & rational POV him becoming the star/leader made very little sense since he was among the least experienced member to ever serve on SG-1, much less command it. He WAS shoved down our throats, with essentially cameos from the real 9-yr serving team, and tons of Mitchell scenes.
    I disagree. Mitchell was a very qualified officer to join the team and was not shoved down our throats.

The problem with Carter: She is the best scientist & military officer on Atlantis, and 10eps in we haven't seen any indication of that fact, aside from her appointment over Shepp. It's a delicate situation since Shepp & McKay are the stars and therefore are written to save the day, but now a co-star is known to be better/more experienced than they are. And to make it worse, she's in a position to show it off (but hasn't).
    I disagree. She has more than shown her ability to command Atlantis.
    Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
    "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
    Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Here is some Q&A Carter for ya in Season 4...

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=176788

Might contain some spoilers from "Trio".

"She's the man"
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
        Here is some Q&A Carter for ya in Season 4...

http://video.scifi.com/player/?id=176788

Might contain some spoilers from "Trio".

"She's the man"
        Thanks, nice one

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
          Thanks, nice one
          I'm really looking forward to "Trio" It's likely one of those character eps that will hopefully be great without any special effects or action.
          sigpic

Comment

I'm really looking forward to "Trio" It's likely one of those character eps that will hopefully be great without any special effects or action.
            : "I was a ten year old too "

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
              I disagree. Mitchell was a very qualified officer to join the team and was not shoved down our throats.

I disagree. She has more than shown her ability to command Atlantis.
              You misunderstood my post. I said, "She is the best scientist & military officer on Atlantis, and 10eps in we haven't seen any indication of that fact, aside from her appointment over Shepp."

I didn't even address the command position. Just the fact that she dwarf's McKay's scientific accomplishments & Shepp's offworld combat experience, yet those facts haven't shone through yet.

With Mitchell, I was commenting on the fact that he was the least experienced member of SG-1. It was odd that his first time through the gate, he was leading the flagship team of the Galaxy's heroes. This created a problem when he unleashed Anubis' son due to ignorance. IMO, he would've made a great second in command, but why would the pilot become the leader of the team that defeated the replicators & Goa'uld?

And compared to Jonas, Mitchell had like 10x more lines/scenes in his first 3 episodes. I don't think that's really a matter of opinion, since if we counted lines and screen time, it would be very clear.

I do agree with most everything you posted, but I think you misunderstood some of my post.
              sigpic
              "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
              ~David Hewlett

Comment

You misunderstood my post. I said, "She is the best scientist & military officer on Atlantis, and 10eps in we haven't seen any indication of that fact, aside from her appointment over Shepp."

I didn't even address the command position. Just the fact that she dwarf's McKay's scientific accomplishments & Shepp's offworld combat experience, yet those facts haven't shone through yet.

With Mitchell, I was commenting on the fact that he was the least experienced member of SG-1. It was odd that his first time through the gate, he was leading the flagship team of the Galaxy's heroes. This created a problem when he unleashed Anubis' son due to ignorance. IMO, he would've made a great second in command, but why would the pilot become the leader of the team that defeated the replicators & Goa'uld?

And compared to Jonas, Mitchell had like 10x more lines/scenes in his first 3 episodes. I don't think that's really a matter of opinion, since if we counted lines and screen time, it would be very clear.

I do agree with most everything you posted, but I think you misunderstood some of my post.
                Yeah I did misunderstand. Sorry. I see your point about everything but disagree on the Mitchell part. Not him having more lines, about him not being a good second in command but that's for another thread.

Comment

and,before we get further derailed, this thread is about SAM, not cameron

Let's keep it pro carter on sga please
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

It makes you wonder that if this 14 out of 20eps thing will carry on to next season for Carter as well. What do you guys think? Should Carter be in all 20 or just the eps where she can have a serious role and is needed?
                    i'd be very happy if she was in at least 16 of the 20 eps.

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      i'd be very happy if she was in at least 16 of the 20 eps.
                      I'd so trade 14 eps where she's peripheral for 6-8 Carter HEAVY ones. Carter in the lab with McKay or Zelenka or shooting the baddies with Shepp would be worth 6 "you have a 'go' team" eps to me.
                      sigpic
                      "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
                      ~David Hewlett

Comment

I'd so trade 14 eps where she's peripheral for 6-8 Carter HEAVY ones. Carter in the lab with McKay or Zelenka or shooting the baddies with Shepp would be worth 6 "you have a 'go' team" eps to me.
                        I totally agree. Take "TMC" for an example. What kind of role would she have in that episode if they put her in that one?
                        sigpic

Comment

I totally agree. Take "TMC" for an example. What kind of role would she have in that episode if they put her in that one?
                          Tree

Comment

Exactly. Put her in eps that she can actually contribute something to.

Comment

Even if she's not appearing in the episode physically, I think that she should still be mentioned when necessary - like in "Miller's Crossing", when the Wraith was transferred to the SGC.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by ReganX View Post
                                Even if she's not appearing in the episode physically, I think that she should still be mentioned when necessary - like in "Miller's Crossing", when the Wraith was transferred to the SGC.
                                I see your point but I don't think a mention was neccesary.

Comment

Working...
                                X