X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uber
    replied
    Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
    I agree. I still want Weir to remain in command and have Carter doing soemething else. But if eventually she takes command over Atlanits it won't be a bad thing. Still I'd prefer her to just take command of the military regiment.
    Well it's my pet theory.
    Spoiler:
    Something big happens...massive to the point of nerve wracking...and the IOA realizes that Atlantis needs to be under military control. But who should be in command? And from which country?

I think they'll begrudgingly decide on Carter because of her experience and her ability to manage both military and civilian contractors among many other things. But I imagine there will be some concessions involved too...like perhaps a multinational military force or something like that...so that it's not all U.S. military there. So she'd be ordered to go...and she'd not be entirely thrilled with the notion but will answer the call of duty because that's what she does.

I think also she'll be promoted to full Colonel. That's JMHO of course but it would make sense if I'm right about the rest.

Of course I'm intrigued by the whole "she comes in on her own ship" thing. What does that mean? I doubt they'd have her there just to command a ship...that seems like a misuse of her skills.

If she's not there to be in command, then why? The only "opening" that appears to be made available in the coming months is that of leading the city.
    But hey, I could be way wrong. It wouldn't be the first time. LOL

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell82
    replied
    Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
    Some things happen in Season 9 that would make her more politically viable than Caldwell. Further, her experience on the flagship team and what she's accomplished over the years added to her ability to balance military versus civilian needs makes her a better choice.

Plus...I don't know too much about whether or not we'll get much Caldwell next year. I think it would be fantastically dramatic though if he expects to get command and it's turned over to a female officer...not that he's sexist in that regard. I mean I think he thinks he has the right chops and I think believes on some level that women are too emotional for such a task. But then I think the fact that Carter's a woman actually would work in her favor to make her more palatable to the IOA than a gruff Colonel. And I say that as a big fan of Caldwell btw.

If they're going in this direction, I hope they won't take the easy way out and make Carter being there accepted and loved by everyone on sight. Gimme some tension and resentment!!!
    I don't doubt that there will tension. Remember the tension between Weir and Caldwell at the begining of season 2? I bet if Carter takes over his ship then tempers will rage I bet.

Leave a comment:

• Mitchell82
    replied
    If the leadership is to stay in civilian control, then Weir is the obvious choice to maintain command.

If circumstances demand that the command be turned over to the military, then Carter is the obvious choice...both for her experience and her political viability.
    I agree. I still want Weir to remain in command and have Carter doing soemething else. But if eventually she takes command over Atlanits it won't be a bad thing. Still I'd prefer her to just take command of the military regiment.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    Originally posted by Night Spring View Post
    I haven't seen S9 or S10. Has there been something in those seasons to suggest that Carter is more "politically viable" than, say, Caldwell?
    Some things happen in Season 9 that would make her more politically viable than Caldwell. Further, her experience on the flagship team and what she's accomplished over the years added to her ability to balance military versus civilian needs makes her a better choice.

Plus...I don't know too much about whether or not we'll get much Caldwell next year. I think it would be fantastically dramatic though if he expects to get command and it's turned over to a female officer...not that he's sexist in that regard. I mean I think he thinks he has the right chops and I think believes on some level that women are too emotional for such a task. But then I think the fact that Carter's a woman actually would work in her favor to make her more palatable to the IOA than a gruff Colonel. And I say that as a big fan of Caldwell btw.

If they're going in this direction, I hope they won't take the easy way out and make Carter being there accepted and loved by everyone on sight. Gimme some tension and resentment!!!

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    I'm not sure I follow you. There're some scenes where she comes across as mother-hen, there are other scenes where she doesn't. What's odd about that?
    Some of the scenes where she doesn't come across as mother-hen have a relationship chemistry that makes the other scenes seem a little incestuous

Leave a comment:

• Night Spring
    replied
    If circumstances demand that the command be turned over to the military, then Carter is the obvious choice...both for her experience and her political viability.
    I haven't seen S9 or S10. Has there been something in those seasons to suggest that Carter is more "politically viable" than, say, Caldwell?

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied
    If the leadership is to stay in civilian control, then Weir is the obvious choice to maintain command.

Leave a comment:

• Uber
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Night Spring
    replied
    Originally posted by jenks View Post
    Strange, I'd never noticed that Pegasus symbol before!
    I believe it's the same design as the one on their uniform patch. (See Rodney's shoulder)

Leave a comment:

• Night Spring
    replied
    Originally posted by Trialia View Post
    That's quite all right. But I still think it's odd sometimes, since there are some scenes where the dynamic is very definitely different than that.
    I'm not sure I follow you. There're some scenes where she comes across as mother-hen, there are other scenes where she doesn't. What's odd about that?

Leave a comment:

• jenks
    replied
    Yes, I know that Torri's younger than both David and Joe, but she has the mother-hen vive regardless. Like in The Game,
    Spoiler:
    when John and Rodney were sitting in her office, she looked like the school principal chiding two misbehaving students.

Of course, that's my opinion.
    Strange, I'd never noticed that Pegasus symbol before!

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Having never met Torri, I have no idea how she is in person. I was talking about how she plays Weir. Sorry if I wasn't clear.
    That's quite all right. But I still think it's odd sometimes, since there are some scenes where the dynamic is very definitely different than that.

Leave a comment:

• Night Spring
    replied
    Originally posted by Trialia View Post
    Occasionally I suppose, but that would be bizarre. Torri herself is very affectionate... she cares a lot. It's sweet.
    Having never met Torri, I have no idea how she is in person. I was talking about how she plays Weir. Sorry if I wasn't clear.

Leave a comment:

• Trialia
    replied
    Yes, I know that Torri's younger than both David and Joe, but she has the mother-hen vive regardless. Like in The Game,
    Spoiler:
    when John and Rodney were sitting in her office, she looked like the school principal chiding two misbehaving students.

Of course, that's my opinion.
    Occasionally I suppose, but that would be bizarre. Torri herself is very affectionate... she cares a lot. It's sweet.

Leave a comment:

• WereWraith06
    replied
    ***Please note that don't agree with this idea but i thought i'd post it anyway.***

The article i read said that Sam would be showing up in her own ship. What if the Asgard have created a ship called the Samantha Carter and let her take it to Pegusas

Leave a comment:

Working...
X